Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You might have figured this out by now due to doing staggered videos, but the reason your melee attacks were different for the pipe is because this is one of the few PS2 games to use the Dualshock 2's analog buttons. In the pipe's case, mash the button down to do a heavy downward slam, and tap it to do quick sideways strikes. I want to say all the melee weapons are like this but it's been so long since I've played.

Gonna be sad since this isn't taking place in the nightmare barn (even if you guys are total liars about it :argh:).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's been seen both ways because both are acceptable spellings according to every dictionary I've ever seen.

Kinda like gray/grey. I imagine one is more common than the other depending on where you live, though.

Also, there totally used to be Dunkin' Donuts here, but then their store got taken over by an obvious knock-off of Dimple Donuts. This happened like 20 years ago and I'm still pissed.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Anonymous Zebra posted:

My original point was that the complaints about the story are unfounded, since Heather is not actually wandering around Silent Hill, but is actually wandering around her home and is just as confused as the player at this point.

All that reiterates is that the game is so meandering and slow to get to a relevant plot point that the player can conceivably not even know if they're not in the town of Silent Hill at all.

Just like K&K, when I played this game the first time I just kind of naturally assumed I was in Silent Hill the whole time and nothing obvious showed the contrary until you get there. It's not weird to assume that the town she's in could also be the town where her father lives, there's just not that much to tell you otherwise for a while. But then again, I do not regularly hang out in towns I don't live in so...?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You took so long in that boss fight I was able to recognize a sound effect in the music that this game and Shadow Hearts share. Neato.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No he hasn't. He has yet to speak that line, I double checked the script on GameFAQs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hah, the costume code menu. Otherwise known as the glorified advertisement for gaming magazines from back in the day, you'd get a code in the magazine and then after plugging it in you could get some shirt with its logo.

I'm pretty sure something like 90% of the costumes are just advertisements.

• Locked thread