Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«100 »
Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

precision posted:

I gotta admit, the vocal mixing on Bad Witch is so bad. I have no idea why he thought it was a good idea.
It works really well on God Break Down The Door and on that song only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

The mixing in general on BW is loving weird.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

gotta love me

I hate the mixes on the EPs and bad witch they're trash

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

Pro-shot footage of Metal with Gary Numan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz9-gpeDMO0

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

I always enjoy seeing Gary take the stage with NIN, but I gotta say I wish they'd change up the song(s). I get the whole, "Well, NIN covered this song decades ago, so the audience knows it," but it's one of Numan's most boring songs. That time they did Cars was badass, but there's so much else they could do to expose the audience to more Gary music. I'd love to see them do something like Are Friends Electric? or Remind Me To Smile, or We Are Glass. Or hell, even Berserker.

Anyway, here's an excuse to post this again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlUFKFHNIU

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/s...270729584775168

They're live streaming their appearance at the Mad Cool Festival in Madrid right now! Not sure how far into the set this is.

e: It's all in black and white but the audio's good.

e2: I guess the black and white is a stylistic choice considering that Metal video was also black and white and so was the cover art for Bad Witch.

Rageaholic Monkey fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2018 around 23:50

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

Alright, if that's any indication of what the fall tour will be like, I'm totally okay with missing it. No elaborate stage setup, no standout visuals, no different band members, mostly familiar setlist, etc.

I'm glad they streamed that, though. That's exactly what I was hoping they'd do at least once so I could see what kind of show they're putting on this time around.

Think I saw that tweet/tuned in after they'd played all the Bad Witch songs in the set, though I wish I'd known they were streaming this earlier! Checking setlist.fm, it looks like they played poo poo Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves and God Break Down The Door earlier in the set.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

e: oops, double post somehow

Rageaholic Monkey fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2018 around 00:32

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Donovan Trip posted:

I hate the mixes on the EPs and bad witch they're trash

Bad Witch is an EP, Trent just didn't wanna call it one because of Spotify's page layout

Also Mariqueen is a genuinely terrible singer, it is hilarious that they had to autotune her as soon as she has to raise her voice the tiniest bit on How Long

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

The NIN Live Archive uploaded the full live stream of the Mad Cool Festival appearance from yesterday (minus Hurt, since the stream got cut off before they played it), for those who missed it:
https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/1018535005209931776

Free Chicken
Jan 16, 2006

Buglord

Ghosts I-IV and the Quake OST were so drat good. Great coding music. Does NIN have anything else similar?

glam rock hamhock
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations D.Va!!!

You're addicted to kicking ass and chewing bubblegum!!

...and you actually have plenty of bubblegum!

Grimey Drawer

Free Chicken posted:

Ghosts I-IV and the Quake OST were so drat good. Great coding music. Does NIN have anything else similar?

I mean literally all of Trent and Atticus' soundtrack work (especially The Social Network and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)

Free Chicken
Jan 16, 2006

Buglord

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean literally all of Trent and Atticus' soundtrack work (especially The Social Network and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)

Just heard a song off Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. This is good stuff, thanks.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

The Social Network OST is basically Ghosts V-VIII (he even re-mixed a couple of Ghosts I-IV tracks to use in the soundtrack).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

Free Chicken posted:

There's also an entire genre of music that sounds like that so you could try that too

«100 »