Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yeah the physical component screams both Year Zero and ARG. A bunch of mentions of Presence and controlling it (the Presence was the big hand reaching down from the sky in YZ), and there's a Patch Notes thing that talks about, among other things, a previous error that set some termination event at 2k+12. YZ was like 2007, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

who loves you clownboats:

notes: neither the book nor the schematic come off of the red package, unfortunately. The book isn't stapled perfectly evenly which is why a couple of pages wouldn't stay open. The add violence stickers are regular stickers, the 3 thicker ones have an adhesive back, so they're basically more durable stickers.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Got my physical component too. Noticed that there's a reference to "The Great Below" in the "This Isn't The Place" lyric sheet:

code:

i->canStillFeel(you,_evenSoFarAway);

I'm sure I'm late to the party and NinWiki already has tons of stuff I haven't noticed, of course.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yeah my ARG-hunting days are over but I figured some more intrepid goons could comb through it if they wanted

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I think the model and serial number are unique. A username and password?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

boy I hope not since that's a public imgur album :v:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I guess some people have received shipping notifications for some of the Definitive Edition vinyls?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

boy I hope not since that's a public imgur album :v:

Model number matches mine but I got a different serial number.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

this is so much better than a bunch of dirt in a mailer

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I got my booklet thingie. It's cool I guess. Now i have to figure out where to put 18 'ADD VIOLENCE' stickers.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I stuck one to my cat and he scratched me so they work I guess

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Molestationary Store posted:

I got my booklet thingie. It's cool I guess. Now i have to figure out where to put 18 'ADD VIOLENCE' stickers.

Got any statues commemorating treasonthe Confederacy in your town?

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVOgQKiYQ4&t=2787s

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Where's my stuff, Trent? Trent, send it to me. Come on, man, give me my shirt...

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

a mysterious cloak posted:

Where's my stuff, Trent? Trent, send it to me. Come on, man, give me my shirt...

No kidding. That DHL -> US Mail service loving sucks. They could have shipped this stuff straight US mail for probably less money and it would be here in half the time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Got the shipping notification for all my definitive edition vinyls!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I got a "shipping" notification for NTAE vinyl about a week ago, but it's still in the "pre-shipment" phase. Of course, at this point I had barely even remembered ordering the thing, so it's not any huge deal.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

I got a "shipping" notification for NTAE vinyl about a week ago, but it's still in the "pre-shipment" phase. Of course, at this point I had barely even remembered ordering the thing, so it's not any huge deal.

Same. I sent the support an email about that wondering if they had any ETA or what was even happening and basically they gave out the tracking number as soon as they got them to everyone.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Same. I sent the support an email about that wondering if they had any ETA or what was even happening and basically they gave out the tracking number as soon as they got them to everyone.

I was in the same boat 'til mine actually shipped yesterday, guessing it's just taking forever to get everything out. Took forever for everything else, so whatever.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

Took forever for everything else, so whatever.

Wait which song is this

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
Just got my deluxe physical version (no email about shipping that I saw). I want it to be cold now to wear my ANXIETY beanie.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

echronorian posted:

Wait which song is this

Wait for the third EP :dance:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Got my Violence physical component. My son wants to take a sticker to school and slap it on a math test. Clever, but I don't want to deal with the inevitable phone call...

Booklet and shirt are cool. Any ideas if the serial numbers mean anything?

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 19, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

wait, shirt? Was that a different bundle from just buying digital + physical component?

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go
Have we seen Panel J before?

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.

Kelp Me! posted:

wait, shirt? Was that a different bundle from just buying digital + physical component?

Yeah. Comes with an Add Violence shirt, Anxiety beanie, 3 patches, a NIN 6.3mm jack keychain, and the Physical Component.

jtr fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 19, 2017

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Mine was just a physical component/shirt bundle.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Finally got my NTAE vinyl. It had a note on the box saying it arrived damaged, but it was only very slightly bent.

Side B is actually the last side of The Downward Spiral, but backwards.

Here's what the packaging looks like if anyone's curious:

http://imgur.com/a/ZHHst

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Aug 21, 2017

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Sunspots cast a glare in my eye

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Grey would be the median color
Of a total eclipse of my heart

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Help Me I Am In The Path Of Totality

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
On the real though even in Maryland the eclipse was dope.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Now I just stare into the sun
And I see everything I've done
I think I could have been someone
But I can't stop what has begun
When everything is said and done
And there is no place left to run
I think I used to be someone
Now I just stare into the sun

(I'm in New Orleans and couldn't see the eclipse at all. It got a little cooler but didn't get any darker. Eclipse was fake news.)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
So the NTAE vinyl has the toner like material on it. What is the end game here?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Leon Einstein posted:

I mean its either throw the toner away or put it in envelopes and mail it to people.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Leon Einstein posted:

Really? I didn't notice that on mine. I assume you don't mean the record itself, right? Do you mean the outer sleeve? I guess it does kind of look like it had toner on it at some point, though it seems permanent. Not that I really tried to rub it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

Really? I didn't notice that on mine. I assume you don't mean the record itself, right? Do you mean the outer sleeve? I guess it does kind of look like it had toner on it at some point, though it seems permanent. Not that I really tried to rub it.

On the cardboard sleeve.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

So has anyone mentioned that Atticus Ross did the Netflix Death Note score? (It's good)

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Yes, I finally got my vinyl copy of Not The Actual Events in the mail yesterday. It was successfully forwarded to my new address as I have moved since first ordering it, thanks Canada Post.

The sticker on the front says it's one-sided, but side B clearly has music on it. What is it? My turntable is still packed up.

I also got the TDS and Broken definitive editions. Broken comes with the bonus 7" containing presumably Physical and Suck. I am curious how it sounds compared to my original Brazil pressing. Broken also comes with a cool little booklet with a story about NIN at the time. I am sure somebody else will scan it. Fake edit: looks like somebody has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
I'm so insanely hyped for the Riot Fest festival set next Friday. I've had NTAE/AV on repeat the whole week, especially The Lovers/The Background World. TBW is so loving good, I seriously looped it like 10-11 times yesterday.