Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.antiquiet.com/music/2014/01/qotsa-nin-dave-grohl-and-lindsey-buckingham-to-close-out-grammy-awards/

A reason to watch the Grammys? (Or the last few minutes of it at least.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, the site that broke it to me also pointed out that Trent deleted that message on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/antiquiet/status/425680703301238784

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

Was that before or after both he and Mariqueen shut down their accounts and stayed out of social media for a bit?

I don't know or care much. When I saw that news posted I just flipped because Foo, Queens, and Nine are like in my top 5 favorite bands. I'm just hoping against hope now for some kind of more industrial Them Crooked Vultures follow up.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I took it more that there was voice over a Ghost track. :shrug:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ballgameover.mp3 posted:

Yeah, the way I choose to see it is that Trent is aware of how horrible the movies are. They are, in fact, so boring and devoid of effort that it is way more worthwhile to see the trailers than the actual films themselves. So, these trailers use Trent's music, for he gets paid, and the songs don't make it into the lovely films themselves.

I think that's all there is to it really.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He doesn't have to work with him on those remixes. He would just have to give him the multitracks. And doesn't Trent just put that poo poo out on the internet anyways? All deadmau5 would have to do is pay for the rights to sell it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

john.smith@gmail.com? :v:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

EightBit posted:

There might be hope, my cousin just told me that he won't actually be 100% until 9am. :suicide: I'll post again.

The seats are for section 106, not general admission, I'm too old to be getting kicked around in the mosh pit all night, though I might try to go down there for a bit.

People like this I just assume that the answer is a no. I wouldn't waste money on someone who thinks you're not worth setting time aside for. Who is this unstable that they can't give a definitive answer? It's like 12 hours from now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thank you for addressing that post of a joke. It almost went three days without being told if it was funny or not.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sure, but on the other hand, the guy they put the spotlight on doesn't exist (in a manner of speaking).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

To be fair, he's named that way as a red herring. I'd say more, but it ruins the best episode of the show. (He's only in one episode full of joke characters, and at the very end of the season finale.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw them open for Alice In Chains about 2 years ago, and they're still dogshit. They think they're the biggest American band around, and I frankly didn't think they were still around.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sweet, I was just looking up to see if he put out another album the other week.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They have free shipping on whatever that physical thing is, so I said "why the hell not". I have all the other CDs, but got Hesitation Marks in FLAC. Since this comes with the FLAC too, I figured I might as well take a risk on whatever the physical thing is. NIN is worth $12 for the music, most likely.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'll let everyone know.

EDIT: It'll be my punishment for still buying physical media.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Minidust posted:

• At 3000x3000 pixels, the included album art is too large to work on iPhones. I reduced mine to 1000x1000 and re-added in iTunes, after which it appeared to work fine.

Ah, that explains why it never showed up!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

No, WTF is another Saul Williams track.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

Spotify recently pointed me in the direction of 'The Black Queen' which is some dudes from current-ish NIN, Telefon Tel Aviv and DEP.

It's synth poppy and very early NIN/Depeche Mode so of course you will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8t_9SxvSV8

Bringing this back up, as this album was very, very good. I ended up giving the guys $5 at BandCamp because I liked this album (and they were only asking $3.69 for it). If anyone passed on this, give it a try.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It better not be toner powder, that stuff may not be good for you.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just got mine in the mail today. There's a bubble envelope around a clear plastic envelope. In that there's a paper envelope with a warning sticker over the flap, so you pretty much have to see the warning before you even open it. Here's the text, underlined stuff is in red.

quote:

To be read IN ITS ENTIRETY before opening. Actions have
consequences!
N.T.A.E. may contain subversive elements that
produce feelings of euphoria and may be harmful and unsettling
to the consumer. Likewise, this physical package may lead to
unrealized expectations or unexpected results upon opening.
Caution should be exercised with both. AND THIS IS IMPORTANT...
This will make a mess.
By opening this envelope in any way, you
assume all risks to your person and/or property, and waive any
claim against The Null Corporation, any of its subsidiaries or
affiliated entities from any and all damages or harm you may
incur.

I've not yet opened it yet, since I'm working. But I'm sure there's an Imgur album somewhere that shows what's in it.

EDIT: Here's one.
http://imgur.com/gallery/WCkDO

IUG fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 3, 2017

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Metallica lyrics:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1KccfZCojTY

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

e: holy poo poo people are buying the physical component for NTAE for like $60+, maybe I should get 2 of this one

Really? I have something I have to put on eBay then. I just couldn't be bothered to open it after seeing it would get you dirty as hell.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I wish the end of The Background World just looped for several minutes with no pause in between each loop. Then I’d probably dig that repetition more than I do.

Get thee the wav files and open up Audacity.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

fallenturtle posted:

Knowing Reznor its not a plugin but actually some contrived string of modular effects.

The silence is him unplugging a module to plug another device in to add more distortion.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there any word on when the third EP in this set comes out?

I just looked it up, and I guess they were released further apart than I thought:
12/22/16 - Not The Actual Events
07/19/17 - Add Violence

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Given that blurb about physical tickets only, think there won't be a digital release like the last two EPs?

I really only want vinyl if it's one of my favorite albums of all time.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

I missed Tom Morello's band when they opened for NIN/JA, and I've never been too into JA but they were solid live I guess?

I saw them with Alice In Chains about 5 years ago. The lead singer of Jane's Addition thinks that they're the fame level of Led Zeppelin or something. It was annoying/embarrassing. Even back in the 90s they weren't that popular.

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

He should do kinda what Weird Al did and announce a small tour in intimate venues and say publicly and specifically he won't be playing any hits.

(Granted it's different, Weird Al did a tour where he said he won't be playing any of his parodies, just his original work. Basically a tour for the hardcore Al fan.)

I was telling my wife a few weeks ago that I wonder what Weird Al music would sound like if he made his own stuff instead of parody music. I would like to hear an album of his that isn't comedy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't know people hate that album. But then again, I got it when I was in middle school, so :shrug:

If I was home, I'm sure my iTunes would tell me I have over 70 listens of every track on that album since the first iPod.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My most important question for this album:

How is poo poo Mirror? Is it as cringey as the name implies?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Not the worst, but I can't stand Besides You In Time. The first half of the song has the guitar riff played backwards and it just fucks with my ears. It's sometimes painful for me to listen to.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Since this got bumped, I just wanted to post that my boss got tired of our lovely hold music and made me change it. Now it's Ghosts 13 and 36.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm dropping this album in here for a few reasons. First being someone posted that "The Black Queen"'s first album was very similar to Pretty Hate Machine. Second is they put out a new album today (I have yet to listen to it however). Third, Bandcamp is donating all their profits to their site to a voting rights fundraiser instead.

https://theblackqueen.bandcamp.com/album/infinite-games
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2018/09/25/bandcamp-voting-rights-fundraiser/

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If Star Wars taught me anything, it was that you had the high ground. You should have sliced off both his legs.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The lack of drums or any kind of precision in Volume 2 really turned me off for that album, and I have several others by Aphex Twin (including Caustic Window).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I would love to buy it from NIN.com in some kind of 24bit release. I don't want to go through Amazon for it, so hopefully it gets posted soon.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

IUG posted:

hooray! I've always liked this album. Except Besides You In Time!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

what the gently caress

The backwards guitar loop is nearly physically painful to my ears. And it's like half (or more) of the song. Once it flips back to normal the song's alright.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fors Yard posted:

It does kind of sound like when the car window is open and it is throbbing/beating rapidly until you close it. There must be a actual term for that but it's a little unpleasant.

You made me look it up, and it's a "Helmholtz resonance".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc58aeUEWi0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dave Grohl did drums for seven tracks, according to Wikipedia. I don't know if that had anything to do with that.