Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

very happy for trent getting the opportunity to create the lead single for spacejam 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A doc about the work Trent did before Flood sounds pretty cool to me even if it was cheese. I'm sure there's a lot we don't know

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/784429707605389312

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In terms of lyrical quality I can't tell the difference between anything from the past 12 years. And before that it wasn't so much the lyrics themselves but their arrangement that was better

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're not supposed to say over and out. Just "out", if you're leaving. Nothing can stop me now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

She probably did know what you meant but still didn't want to be sexually harassed even as a powerful joke or shared reference

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was hoping that gary numan video would be a peter gabriel cover

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 17, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Beside You in Time is a rad song

that one's good and another good one is Home and The Line Begins to Blur. and All the Love in the World. It's just easy to like that album a hell load!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the song is "big man with a gun", in case you thought it would be "no, you don't" like me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He's going to play the beauty of the drug which turns out to be an unknowing ripoff of “Buzz The Fuzz” by Bowie

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am ok with the collector, lyrically. it has a theme and is trying to get across some ideas. it's about not being able to let go of all the memories and ideas that you feel are too important and that shaped you and that you can't possibly lose and being frustrated and overwhelmed by it. I made that up. But the important thing is a lot of tracks on all the albums have even worse lyrics but are so cool it doesn't matter. broken bruised forgotten sore! too hosed up to care anymore! imagine that with just a regular guitar shredding normally behind it. Love Nine Inch Nails

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sunspots is kind of weird to fit in anywhere but if you turn that vacuum cleaner noise into some powerful guitar work it would be killer. or just play it normal. the end is worth the journey. the drums get strong. trent gets strong

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

idk since Al has always said whatever he feels like saying but here's the story. and i don't think reznor went on the road with ministry as anything other than a performer either way. But it might be true about RevCo

Al posted:

That’s actually how I met Trent Reznor. I accidentally spilled beer on my four-track machine during a Revolting Cocks tour in Cleveland and broke it, and we couldn’t get fixed in time for the show. The people at the club said they knew this local kid who had the exact same four-track. We brought him over and rented the gear from him, and then we said, “We’re taking this.” Trent said, “No, you’re not taking this. You already destroyed one and you’re not going to destroy mine.” So, he came on the road with us. Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails was Revolting Cocks’ roadie.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"Closer" without the groove and desperation accentuates how easily it could be some kid being embarrassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NIN|JA