Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

A new thing to buy!!

Coil/Nine Inch Nails: Recoiled

Dat files of some tracks from Broken and TDS were sent to Coil members. Coil members remixed, Trent approved of them and then nothing happened with them I guess. I haven't delved into the history of it but I think these have been sitting around somewhere for at least a decade. These were available to download last month but were not finished. They have now been remastered and officially released.

Tracks:
Gave Up(Open My Eyes)
Closer(Unrecalled)
The Downward Spiral(A Gilded Sickness)
Eraser(Reduction)
Eraser(Baby Alarm Remix)

Cold Spring Records has a couple vinyl versions and a CD for sale. I believe the vinyl will be going fast if it's not already gone by the time you read this.

http://coldspring.co.uk/

The digital version is available on iTunes and Amazon. I paid five bucks on Amazon :) So worth it right?

I haven't listened yet but I did listen to some previews and from what I can tell I've not heard any of these before.

edit: Wow, that Closer remix really takes a turn for the better at 5:15

EdwardSwifferhands fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

That was the same stuff but not remastered. It was called Uncoiled.

I need to learn how to find these bootlegs. I didn't know any of stuff existed until today.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Saw a NIN cover band last night. That was fun.

What's the name of the band?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

It doesn't see it's beauty.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

Fixed was somehow the first album I owned. I think it took until 2000 before I bought Broken.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

There are no shows any where near me but I'd be willing to fly out for a show but to fly out to maybe buy tickets if they're not sold out and then fly out again to see the actual show? gently caress that. I'll try and snag just about any ticket when they're available online but I'm not holding my breath.

If Trent actually comes out and says he'd be willing to do that sort of horse poo poo then OK, I'll let it slide. But really, does anyone think Trez is going to stand in some loving line in this day and age? How's about instead of standing in line to buy tickets before the event he just sells tickets at the door the day of? If the venues are big enough they probably won't sell out.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

Also how does this new release match up with the other two? I thought this was some sort of thematic trilogy. Am I missing something?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

The Becoming (still) and Black Bomb with Josh Wink.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

What saves TWIG is that it's great to scream along with live or in the car. Starfuckers I can't stand but not sure why.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

Starfuckers is only good if I haven't heard it in a while.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

March of the Pigs holding up.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

This is just further proving my theory that Trent is a closeted car guy.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

Could this finally be the year of tapeworm?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

Everything must be labeled and pigeonholed. Even artists that go out of their way to avoid it.

I'm okay with rock, industrial, alternative, goth, electronica, really anything but dance. Don't call NIN dance music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

loving Awesome Man
loving Awesome Man
loving Awesome Man
loving Awesome Man