Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Really now, the long-awaited Fragile rerelease is a limited $80 vinyl? gently caress off with that bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

This isn't a re-release. I mean, that's also happening, but that's not what this one is.

I'll believe it when I have it in my hands because it's been talked about for a decade at this point.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No it's 45 dollars but the crazy never before seen deluxe set of rare poo poo is 80 dollars.

The Fragile Deviations is basically what I wanted out of the re-release: the 60min worth of unreleased material. But it's $80.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 17, 2016

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

If people aren't buying CDs or even digital downloads anymore they're sure as poo poo not buying vinyl in any large numbers. 90% of your potential audience is hipsters who would never be caught dead listening to Nine Inch Nails anyway.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Megazver posted:

Apparently vinyl sales were at decades' long high this year and earned more money than streaming.

http://fortune.com/2016/04/16/vinyl-sales-record-store-day/

More money than ad-supported free streaming which isn't a high bar to clear. Last time I listened to an album on Spotify free I made it through the whole thing without hearing a single ad.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That track is extremely my poo poo. I like it better than anything on Hesitation Marks.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wait, is there another Fragile project coming out next year? The 'Definitive Edition' sounds different than Deviations which doesn't have 37 tracks.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

That's just the remastered album.

That DEFINITELY doesn't have 37 tracks. Maybe the interviewer is just conflating Deviations+the regular reissue though. That's probably what it is actually.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 23, 2016

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Fragile Deviations files are up, 4.9GB(!)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I hope there's eventually a version of the Fragile that has vocal versions of the new tracks if any exist. The March in particular seems like it may have had vocals.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Yeah I know but I want to hear Trent's version which presumably had different lyrics. Not that there's anything wrong with Saul's version, it's a great track.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The problem with the Fragile Deviations is that it's so long its absurd to try to listen to in one sitting. Normally albums are like an hour long but this is over 2 and a half hours long.

I'm glad it was released though, there's some great stuff in there.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That ninwiki page says all the tracks tagged 'Instrumental' had vocals in some form whether it was just basic scratch vocals or completely finished.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

Was It Worth It is amazing, and I wish we got more tracks like that instead of poo poo like White Mask.

I think you expected too much if you thought all the extra material was going to be fully-formed songs. I'm just happy we got some kind of Deluxe version of the Fragile at all since it's been sitting in limbo for half a decade.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe we'll get lucky and get YZ2 but I kinda doubt it because Trent has probably lost interest.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if Trent's kids will think he's lame when they're teenagers and start listening to coldplay or something

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

One is named Lazarus Echo, I don't know about any of the others.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's some whitehouse lyric that sounds like 'Ruthless babysitting is my favorite google search'

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe they're doing a whole-album performance of Year Zero for the 10th anniversary and well, current events.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Weird, the Nine Inch Nails twitter just tweeted a picture of Trent and Manson together because they're playing the same festival later this year.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Minidust posted:

Am I the only loser here who opted for a refund? I mean, I never really wanted a vinyl in the first place, but it was the only way to get Deviations.
Anyway, mine just processed, so heads up for anyone else who went that route!

No, that's exactly what I did, I was just planning on reselling the vinyl anyway since all I was interested in was the digital copy.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm excited for the new EP which we'll hopefully get before the end of July. I wouldn't mind more of the same but for some reason I think they'll go for something different than the last one.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

repeating posted:

Can we discuss the political content here? Less than is obviously a call-out.

I think it's ambiguous enough that it could be a Trump callout, or not.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Skails posted:

I think (hope) Charlie's point isn't right or left. The Obama administration was just better at hiding the face of the ugly beast while the same kinds of terrible policies were enacted. The problem is that democrats and republicans both serve the same masters. Greed and power rule. That's why people roll their eyes when the political message comes across as partisan.

That said I find the point of year zero and other such politically inclined NIN work to be pointed more at the system than at the particular politicians (even if Trent can't help but take a swing at that piņata).

This false equivalency crap is why we have President Trump.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Whether a piece of art overstays its welcome is something you can judge it by.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I haven't heard any of their albums all the way through but I always thought Tears For Fears was surprisingly good for an 80s pop band.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I mean, the album came out like a month ago? If there's an ARG where is it?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd be happy if they worked together again. I'd also be happy if we got a deluxe remastered version of ACS after all these years.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't know how many of you check the MM thread but Jeordie White has been outed as a rapist by his ex-girlfriend.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

That's really poo poo. They're well aware of the demand and yet kept the supply really low.

They're probably gunshy given that the 'limited edition' Fragile Deviations LP is still in stock after all this time.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

polyester concept posted:

Actually, it kind of does. An LP is an analog format that is by definition a 10" or 12" vinyl record that plays at 33.3 RPM. It has nothing to do with the length of material recorded onto it.

:ssh: People call CDs and digital releases EPs or LPs based on the length of material on them.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Yeah I don't think Trent's really the autobiography type, probably not even the authorized biography type. He's always been really a really private person.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Platypus Farm posted:

Assuming its the house in new orleans, he lives in the garden district which ranges from "sorta-kinda normalish" to "ten million dollars" pretty quickly. Could be someone from down the street where the whackjobs (people who make less than the GDP of small countries per year) live.

Pretty sure Trent has lived in Los Angeles for like 15-20 years now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They're just by-the-numbers NIN songs, if the EPs were supposed to be different or special I guess they failed. Personally I would have liked to hear more like Burning Bright.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd honestly be surprised if the third EP had a different sound than the last x number of releases they've done, whether it took extra time to make or not.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Not only is the Slip 10 years old the last proper NIN album is 5 years old.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I miss mid-00s Trent. He was cranking out material and the experiments weren't all half-baked like they are now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wasn't that thrilled with the 2 EPs for the most part and that's the only real NIN we've gotten in the past five years. We'll see what this release is like I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I was hoping we'd get versions of Maybe Just Once and Purest Feeling on the remastered PHM but I guess Trent is too embarassed.