Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So is there any particular reason he's called this an LP rather than an EP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nail Rat posted:

God Break Down the Door is the best song and it's completely a Blackstar ripoff.

I got massive Sue vibes from it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drat I wish I was.

Approximate schedule:
5:30pm Restaurants and bars open
6:45pm Auditorium doors open
7:30pm Black Moth Super Rainbow
8:15pm Interval
9:00pm Nine Inch Nails
10:30pm ends

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why Kanye and the Weekend specifically? Hasn't everyone done exactly all of this for the last decade?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

If you actually clicked the article you would have seen that they have shared tour production designers

Jeesh. I did click it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Asnorban posted:

Bad Witch is the most interesting thing Reznor has done since Year Zero / Ghosts. More of this please.

If poo poo Mirror and The Background World swapped EPs then this would be a perfect EP. I'm coming around on poo poo Mirror, but it's the only track I'm not in love with.

As much as I love The Background World the 10 minute tail kind of kills listening to the trilogy as a single album.

stev fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 27, 2018

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The only thing I don't like in poo poo Mirror is the clapping. Otherwise it's great.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Christ alive that's some pathetic clickbait.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

spookygonk posted:

Don't tell him about Trump.

Or... Anything else really.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's scary jazz.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Show's good. Music's great. One minute of dialogue on a soundtrack is fine.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sorry Trent, I bought your free tracks like a filthy criminal.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Donovan Trip posted:

Where is he finding the time to make all this music good lord

It's all just an algorithm set to run until 2030.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

loving, what? Excellent news!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

V definitely veers into soundtrack territory until the last few tracks (which is fine but we already have like 5 albums of that at this point). VI is really good though, proper sinister.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've already seen a few headlines on Twitter along the lines of "Reznor denies sexual assault claims by Manson". Real loving misleading stuff and as others have said I really hope he didn't ever do anything like that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

sticklefifer posted:

He's one of several 90s/00s artists where I liked their first 1 or 2 albums, but once they leaned into the cornier aspects of their aesthetic instead of the music, the novelty wore off really quickly.

Killing Strangers was pretty good, but mostly because it's used really well in John Wick.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Samopsa posted:

the three EP's were an album release imo, just split into three parts. Trent specifically said they form a story arc with three acts, like the Downward Spiral.

Yeah I usually just listen to them back to back now. The only problem is The Background World.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

e: forum broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Couldn't he have just bought them from the charity shop?