Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The vinyl is never coming. I've accepted this.

the black powder that everyone got as the physical component a few months ago was all the vinyl copies ground to a fine dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Update on the vinyl pre-orders, though everyone who placed an order should have received this email.

However, some important info for everyone in the very last paragraph.

quote:

DEAR NIN.COM VINYL CUSTOMER,

TWO APOLOGIES, A STATEMENT, AND A QUESTION.

APOLOGY 1:
FIRST, AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW WE ARE CHANGING OUR FULFILLMENT PARTNER. I HAVE NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH FIREBRAND FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS AND WE ARE NOW PARTNERING WITH SANDBAG. I’M SORRY IT’S TAKEN AS LONG AS IT HAS TO MAKE THIS CHANGE, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY AGGRAVATION YOU MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED ON THIS FRONT. YOUR SUPPORT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND I ASSURE YOU THERE’S BEEN AN EXTRAORDINARY AMOUNT OF SCREAMING DONE ON MY END. YOU DESERVE BETTER.

APOLOGY 2:
THE VINYL RELEASES FOR DEVIATIONS, NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS AND THE REISSUES HAVE BEEN DELAYED AS MANY OF YOU ARE AWARE. THE BLAME FOR THIS LIES WITH ME AND MY TEAM. WE RAN INTO A VARIETY OF QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES WITH THE AUDIO AND VARIOUS ASPECTS OF THE ARTWORK, THEN WE GOT OBSESSIVE ABOUT GETTING IT RIGHT. AT SOME POINT THESE FUCKUPS STARTED TO ADD UP TO A SUBSTANTIAL DELAY THAT I WASN’T FULLY AWARE OF UNTIL RECENTLY.

AGAIN, I’M SORRY FOR THE DELAY HERE BUT THE INTENTION HAS BEEN TO GET THIS UNCOMPROMISINGLY RIGHT.

HERE’S THE UPDATED, ACCURATE (BARRING AN ACT OF GOD) TIMELINE FOR SHIPPING:

* DEVIATIONS WILL SHIP AT THE END OF JUNE
* ALL OTHER TITLES WILL SHIP AT THE BEGINNING OF AUGUST

IF YOU HAVE ORDERED ANY OF THESE TITLES, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COMPLETE REFUND (KEEPING THE DIGITAL FILES), WE GET IT - CLICK HERE

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ORDER, OR WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT SANDBAG CUSTOMER SERVICE – CLICK HERE

ADDITIONALLY, EVERYONE WITH AN OUTSTANDING VINYL ORDER WILL RECEIVE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR 20% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE. THIS CODE IS GOOD FOR ONE USE AND UNIQUE TO YOU. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CODE VIA EMAIL IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

STATEMENT:
WE ARE TAKING ALL MEASURES AVAILABLE TO MAKE SURE ANY PREORDERS FROM NIN.COM ARRIVE IN YOUR HANDS BEFORE THEY ARE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE. I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS WHEN THIS ISN’T THE CASE (LIKE WHAT JUST HAPPENED WITH BEFORE THE FLOOD). I ASSUMED WE ALREADY HAD THIS PRACTICE IN PLACE, I WAS INCORRECT.

QUESTION:
FINALLY, DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A NEW TOP-SECRET NINE INCH NAILS EP THAT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE FIRST SHOWS WE DO THIS SUMMER? DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART? NOW YOU DO.
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU.
TRENT

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Earwicker posted:

I had a miniDisc recorder during the minute they were a Thing

I know they weren't the most popular format for a long time, but the mini disc came out in 1992 and Sony finally stopped shipping MD hardware in 2013. 21 years is a hell of a run for any music format - not to mention there were 30 something different companies manufacturing over 800 different MD devices total. Hardly a blip in history if you ask me.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

It specifically says "NEW MUSIC, REISSUES, MERCHANDISE AND MORE WILL BE APPEARING IN THE COMING MONTHS" so that's pretty cool actually

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

lol at the fragile sticker

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I didn't get a shipping notice but my deviations arrived yesterday

and to those who were wondering earlier if the halo numbers had stopped, the sticker on the shrink wrap says halo 30

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 11, 2017

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

despite the lackluster packaging for deviations 1, the vinyl is so clean sounding. very good quality pressing and materials.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

from the thumbnail of the album art I thought the little button said "Amplify Chads"

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

ghosts will be 10 years old next year

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Overbite posted:

This sounds so much like modern NIN it's almost a parody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xg-Wk2DEXs

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The noise outro is actually cool and good.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

you dont even need to read the interview, just listen to this - it's literally the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoaAb5MnKtY

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

That was such an exciting time to be a NIN fan. Year Zero, the whole ARG playing out, then just a year later we got Ghosts and The Slip. It seemed like every few months NIN was the top trending topic on Digg (remember Digg? Remember his interview with Kevin Rose?).

I've been wondering too - has Trent parted ways with Rob Sheridan? He was such an integral part of NIN's presence (heh) for such a long time but I don't think he's been involved at all since before Hesitation Marks.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

interesting they're going back to the analog tape strung all over everything look from their early days

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

it was a 30 second clip and 28 seconds of it was an ambient humming noise

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't know how many of you check the MM thread but Jeordie White has been outed as a rapist by his ex-girlfriend.

And while even less NIN related, but still kind of, today Alice Glass outed her ex crystal castles bandmate Ethan as a rapist who physically and mentally abused her for years.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

You can order the Add Violence LP at store.nin.com now

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

I know I'm being incredibly pedantic, but being on vinyl doesn't make it an LP

Actually, it kind of does. An LP is an analog format that is by definition a 10" or 12" vinyl record that plays at 33.3 RPM. It has nothing to do with the length of material recorded onto it.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Yep but the tweet said the new LP is available to purchase, and it's literally an LP. So it's not wrong. The fact that people use LP to mean something else is irrelevant, it was used correctly here.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I imagine its probably cheaper to press a 12" these days.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

My Add Violence LP came today and I dunno if they were just being nice or made a mistake but they threw in a free turntable slip mat.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

hella heresy is actually very good and cool

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Along with your incredible work, hbxli, I was recently shown this:

http://www.boototom.info/withboots/

Which is also incredible. 'Beside You Heroes' is incredible.

i have been pushing totom's mashups for years. he also did 3 mashup albums of year zero and another of the slip.

http://www.boototom.info/bootlegisresistance/ (close to vessel is an all time favorite of mine)

https://totom.bandcamp.com/album/the-shup

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 6, 2018

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Caseman posted:

I don't understand what the problem was with the way they did it during the Lights in the Sky tour. Print your name on the ticket, you show an ID and the names have to match. Tickets can't be scalped, because you can't get into the show unless you're the one that bought the tickets.

Nobody actually checked your ID

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

There is a much more enjoyable way to get outside and be in contact with other people who share similar interests, and its possible to experience with every band that still tours... it's called going to the show. There is nothing exciting about standing in line for several hours, knowing there is a strong possibility you will go home empty handed because somebody with nothing better to do got there earlier. At least when you stand in line for the actual show, you have peace of mind that you already have your ticket in hand, and in just a short while you're guaranteed to get in.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm probably too forgiving -- and speaking from a stage of life where I don't really expect to go to concerts for a few years anyway so I have no skin in the game -- but I do think he's trying to do something good for the fans, yet is also very out of touch. As cool as he generally is, the dude's rich. Ticketmaster, LiveNation, etc. are all absolute garbage and should be nuked from orbit. But if he really wants to fix the situation he would probably be better off investing in some kind of new electronic ticketing system. Which of course sounds boring as hell, but this is probably a case where you either put in that effort or don't bother rocking the status quo at all.

I am pretty sure the problem is that the venues decide which ticket company to go with, and they get the most money out of the Ticketmaster. So there is absolutely no incentive for arenas to switch to a little startup. Unless every major band decides to boycott arenas and only play small indie venues, then nothing will change.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

You guys are only disappointed because of the publicist stating it was an album. Trent himself said it was part 3 of the EP trio in a very recent interview, so for all intents and purposes it's an EP.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Since these EPs are being released on 12" records, it would have been nice for them to be pressed at 45 rpm, split onto both sides.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

this is a better jesus and mary chain song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZV8P75v3VE

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

actually, it's good.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

All three EPs come to a running total of 78 minutes so I wonder if there'll ever be a single CD release one day. Probably not, but it'll fit.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

It sounds like an outtake from The Slip

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I got an email notification that my LP has shipped but the download link still only shows the God Break Down The Door single. Thank goodness for :filez: I guess.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Not that his kids are any of our business but a few pages back somebody pointed out how they've been given the most insufferable names ever:

quote:

They have four children: Lazarus Echo Reznor (born October 10, 2010)[138] and Balthazar Venn Reznor (born December 31, 2011),[139][140] a third son whose name has not been revealed (born November 1, 2015),[141] and daughter Nova Lux Reznor (born December 2016)

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Stinky_Pete posted:

Yeah it seems more like a concept album that you listen to in whole once or twice (and then a couple years later when you remember it and are in the mood) than Add Violence where a couple of standalone songs are still in my big shuffle rotation.

I paid for it anyway and didn't realize I'd be receiving the vinyl, so since I know almost nothing about vinyls and don't have a record player I came in here to ask about the texture I'm seeing on the B-side label, which resembles a track:

Is this possible, or is it just an aesthetic choice? I assume paper is not playable but I thought I would ask if anyone has tried it

This is entirely normal and is how a bunch of labels look.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

you are allowed to like NIN and dislike his side projects

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

my favorite part is this little guy dootin' to poo poo mirror

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

absolute madman

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

axelblaze posted:

I'm sorry to say I don't think Trent has smashed his stuff since like the TDS era. Also, even though he hasn't played it much this tour, I hope you get Terrible Lie because it is life changing live.

He smashed his guitar when I saw him on the With Teeth tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Anonymous John posted:

Ain't nobody got time to deal with shithead crowds when you've invested a ton of time, money, and anticipation in seeing one of your favorite bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4