Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

precision posted:

How has attendance on this tour been anyway?

Boston was 90% full. Trent spoke to the audience about his appreciation for the high turnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Unfortunately, I think the relatively low turnout in Europe is due to NIN not attracting many younger fans anymore.

Photex posted:

this wouldn't have happened if everyone would just sit down :smug:

Might as well hand in your balls. :frogout:

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Now let's hope there won't be a replacement opener and NIN can get longer set times!

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Wish they'd skip an opening act and just have both Soundgarden and NIN play longer sets.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Happiness in Slavery could easily be played in the same vein as Gave Up; have the screams be on tape, or performed by the other guys in the band.

I think Trent is genuinely sick of the song, or doesn't think that playing it live without destroying his instruments will do it justice.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

And that's probably the best we're gonna get considering we all know he's not releasing the loving Blu-Ray :haw:

gently caress did we ever get a response on this? No commercial prospects or something?

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Bump, T-Rez and Atticus are scoring the movie Patriot's Day about the Boston Marathon bombing.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Mr. Unlucky posted:

he should just make another few ghosts albums every time he opens his mouth its just embarrassing now

Except that he's right, given that this day and age a new band like NIN would never reach arena status.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Sir Lemming posted:

Looks like they're announcing concert dates again -- not that it's been terribly long, the last one was in December, right?

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/968829529861992448

I have to wonder if they'll have a new EP to promote by then, at the latest -- it'd be overdue. In fact, if we hold him to the "8 months" thing (see thread title, lol) March (starting tomorrow!) is the "deadline" month for the last EP in the trilogy.

The EP's didn't really have that big an impact. I wonder if Trent went back to the drawing board and will just release a full LP before announcing the inevitable North American tour (which he better do soon, the anticipation is killing me).

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Bought online tickets to both shows in DC, which I believe are not yet sold out at this time.

The venue is predominantly GA, which makes it even better that I did not line up for physical tickets since it's not like I missed out on better tickets this way.

Cannot wait till October!

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
DC tickets are also going for less than face value on Stubhub.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Went to both DC shows as well as night 1 of Radio City in NYC. I never saw NIN prior to 2007, but feel like it's safe to say that NIN is peaking as a live unit right now. This tour is better than all the others I've seen (Performance 2007, LITS, Wave Goodbye, Tension, Summer 2014).

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

axelblaze posted:

Also I think karma came back to me. Everyone did stand including a guy in front of me who had two seat spaces to himself and the way the theater is designed is so the chairs alternate so your view is between those your behind. This guy just sort of stood between the two chairs blocking about 90% of my view. Early on I ask if he could just move over a tiny bit and he does but quickly settles back until it reaches a head where he's swaying back and forth between the two chairs making it so every time I change my view he blocks it again. I put my hand out and slightly nudge him back to the side and he gets all "don't loving touch me bro" and I try to explain the situation and he states he doesn't loving care. It's his spot and he'll do what he wants and I can just deal with it.

And I swear to god if that was one of you I am loving done.

Next time go to the ushers/management and claim someone is being belligerent and aggressive to you. You'll either get moved to a different seat, or the other dude will get ejected.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
I got Perfect Drug twice (in DC and NYC), but all I really wanted was Happiness in Slavery which didn't happen on my nights. :(

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

axelblaze posted:

:lol: and of course I got Happiness in Slavery.

Really, part of it is grass is greener BS and if I'm being rational I got three of my favorite songs that I've never seen live (HiS, I'm Afraid of Americans and All the Love in the World) to tonight's one (The Perfect Drug) and on top of that some songs I'd frown tired of were given new life and some of the stuff I hadn't seen that I didn't really care if I saw live also ended up being amazing, but still, I'm gonna whine and feel bad anyways because I'm dumb.

Yeah I really shouldn't complain either, since I got to hear a couple other favorites for the first time (Big Come Down, The Becoming), and all three shows were amazing in their own way. Still hoping that Trent tours again next summer and we get another shot.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Barry posted:

Imagine being so lame that you'd tell security and try to get a guy kicked out for this

Ain't nobody got time to deal with shithead crowds when you've invested a ton of time, money, and anticipation in seeing one of your favorite bands.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Barry posted:

Yeah, shithead crowds, a guy standing by his seats.

This matter isn't about how one chooses to engage or enjoy the show, but about dealing with disruption. Including but not limited to, say, having an iPad on the brightest screenmode in front of you, or having to overhear others shout-talking during songs so that you cannot concentrate on the music. If more people actually confronted inconsiderate concertgoers, as well as reached out to the venue staff when appropriate, we'd all have better concert experiences.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Barry posted:

I still don't get how a guy just standing in his seat(s) is in any way inconsiderate or warranting alerting venue staff (hey this guy is standing up, throw him out!), but hey, you go ahead and do what you need to. Especially after you put a hand on the guy.

quote:

I never said you were an rear end in a top hat and obviously this explains things a lot more, but other homeboy was seriously advocating getting some dude kicked out for doing, what seemed at the time, a whole lot of absolutely nothing.

As the original poster has clarified by now, being a belligerent rear end in a top hat to someone (as the guy in front of him was doing) is a massive difference from simply standing up.

Also, I think it's worth talking about on a case by case basis what's considered "absolutely nothing" versus actually being a nuisance that's worthy of calling staff/security, such as what people in this recent thread are venting about : https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/9qwrsu/would_hope_i_wouldnt_have_to_say_this_but_if/

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

Live show goons: I haven't seen them since '09, are they still doing Ghosts Piggy, or have they reverted back to TDS Piggy?

TDS Piggy.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just realized that last show had nothing from fragile onward on it, and they played nearly all of TDS and broken. i felt like i was in high school again.

gently caress that setlist is madness.

I saw NIN three times in October, yet I still feel like I'm missing out...

Please Trent gently caress he better keep touring in 2019.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

They didn't. They are literally selling the shirt she wears in stores. I bought one.

Hot Topic : Nine Inch Nails Inside Out Logo T-Shirt https://www.hottopic.com/product/nine-inch-nails-inside-out-logo-t-shirt/11872253.html

That exact shirt was for sale as well on the fall tour.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

The physical world presale in my city had massive rain all day, so I'm super glad I could just buy them online later. :D

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

I was actually speaking to some older dude the other day at a music event who used to roam the New Orleans gay scene, and he told me that Trent is really, really gay (more so than straight). Not that it matters, but think there is any truth to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Willeh posted:

My first NIN gig. I remember being absolutely blown away by The Great Destroyer, which honestly still is my highlight of that album.

Also a shoutout to the guy next to me when I saw them on the last tour who just stood there silently listening, except he just really wanted to shout 'SHEEE HAS THE BLOOD OF REPTIIIILE' I guess. You do you man :cool:

Late to the party, but this was my first NIN show as well! I wish I knew more songs at the time, because I unfortunately don't remember much other than being surprised that Closer, Head Like a Hole, and Hurt weren't played. Seen them an additional seven times since, what a privilege and a blessing.