Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

precision posted:

How has attendance on this tour been anyway?

Very hit and miss. Pretty full in Brooklyn but in Newark it was drat near empty. If you look at the venues they are playing sometimes its the smaller room in the city. In Pittsburgh I think the show played the college room instead of the new arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

Platypus Farm posted:

I'm sure all the musicians and singers are expensive, but yeah, like Charlie said... that light set up must be breaking the bank. I mean, power needs, the expense of lugging that poo poo around, having to pay qualified people to put it all together, probably having to pay for electric inspections and poo poo?

Here is a preview of the part two of Vevo Tour Exposed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1q8apNr3g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCC1q8apNr3g&app=desktop

I would imagine the production costs for this show to be about average. The lights and video rental might have been a more than normal but that would have been offset by no gags or daily costs for pyro or confetti. The local labor calls were mid sized between 40-60 for the in and 80-100 on the out. Far less than a big pop show like Gaga or JT.

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

sleepwalkers posted:

I saw them on a tour stop near the start of the tour, and I feel like some of the visual setups are different than when I saw (Came Back Haunted specifically). I guess it'd make sense after watching the second part of that tour special, but I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or if perhaps some of it just wasn't finished by the time they started (or changed during the tour).

Edit: Also holy poo poo, the Sunspots blender makes an appearance at the end of Sanctified! That's awesome!
Double edit: IN TWO IS BITCHIN' LIVE.

The show changed alot in the layout of the rig and programming of the lights the first couple weeks. After Cleveland they added a side truss of lights and took some off the floor. There are a few songs that if you watch clips of the show they change dramatically. Satellite started the tour with red lights but by the end it was green. Other songs got more polished, In To is one that comes to mind.