Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
http://reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2014/20140126.html

Rehearsal footage from the Grammy performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I'm saying this as of right now, after seeing NIN more than a dozen times...I'd be cool with NIN being a studio only thing, I think. And for a live performance, I'd love to see a Trent and Atticus + Friends live tour where they perform stuff from their scores and maybe some original stuff in that vein. Or include some Ghosts in there.

Of course, if he does go away live, at least as NIN for multiple years again, I know I'd be right there day 1 for tickets again.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

"One Way To Get There" is "Burn" and it's great.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Deviations 1 has finally arrived. Here in Connecticut.

jtr fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 29, 2017

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I'm out at dinner fuuuuuuuuck me like an animal.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

The "ending" of THE BACKGROUND WORLD :aaaaa:

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Just got my deluxe physical version (no email about shipping that I saw). I want it to be cold now to wear my ANXIETY beanie.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

wait, shirt? Was that a different bundle from just buying digital + physical component?

Yeah. Comes with an Add Violence shirt, Anxiety beanie, 3 patches, a NIN 6.3mm jack keychain, and the Physical Component.

jtr fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 19, 2017

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

The Vietnam War score is out, at least on Spotify.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CT3RKS

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

david_a posted:

I can’t find anything about a collector’s edition, what was this if it doesn’t have the album?

Cargo In The Blood, which was an art book:

http://www.nin.wiki/Hesitation_Marks#Cargo_In_The_Blood

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

If you want to hear Trent sound like Bowie, this song is for you.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I couldn't get one for either Boston show myself. My wife not only got one, accidentally backed out and lost it, and then got another one. So i'll at least be at the Friday show.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

...Driver Down Driver Down Driver Down Driver Down Driver Down...

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I've had a ticket to Night 1 in Boston for a while, and based on these setlists knew I had to get one for Night 2. Done!

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Hey fellow Boston show person. I’m waving, do you see me?

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

axelblaze posted:

Nope!

To bring the topic full circle: god I hope people stands for NIN

Oh they will. I wanted to stand for J&MC but didn’t want to block anyone behind me. But as soon as NIN even sniff the stage, I’m standing.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I can’t wait to see Atticus emerge from the world’s biggest vape cloud.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Pretty Hate Machine came out 29 years ago today. KINDA I WANT TO incoming tonight!

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

FUUUUUUUU am I happy I went to both nights.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Also, Trent mentioned how he was told that today was the 29th anniversary of PHM's release but that he didn't realize it himself because he doesn't keep track of that type of thing. And that it meant he was in Boston 29.5 years ago then at Synchro Sound for part of the album's production.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

The rig rundown isn't that what you wanted??

:perfect:

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

The first volume of the Watchmen score is up, at least on Spotify.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

david_a posted:

Whoa, I totally forgot I own that and probably haven’t listened to it in 10+ years. Time to fix that...

Anybody have feelings one way or the other on Prick? In the 90s I was aware they were one of the Nothing label bands and thought they were special because of that. I found the album a few years ago and... I dunno. His voice is, uh, an acquired taste. Some of the instruments/textures sound like they could have come directly off The Downward Spiral (and they probably did, since Trent produced some of it).

I love Prick. And yes, the first Prick absolutely samples TDS.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Just here to say as a reminder (I’ve added some songs so I can listen to them through Spotify instead of opening the the Apple music poo poo on my phone) and “Theme For Tetsuo The Bullet Man” loving rips. Also the La Mer (Version) remix should have been on TFA, goddamnit.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

axelblaze posted:

This was my first NIN stylist

This was my first NIN as well. Also my first “real” concert ever.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I came in right when Danny popped up. Great entrance.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Watching CLOSURE now, and when Bowie shows up and someone calls Danny “Brad Pitt” and someone says “If he could read well enough to read a script...” and the room cracks up, just an A+ moment.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Maybe Trent has a really poo poo Mirror and can’t see well enough to shave.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

New song is up streaming.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I’ve only seen HEALTH live once (opening for NIN, obvs) but I was at the front of the stage (I believe it was in Boston and seated with no actual floor) and it was great.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Madkal posted:

I just noticed that Hesitation Marks isn't on Spotify anymore which is kind of strange. I remember listening to it....last year for the first time in a long time and I thought Trent was trying some different sounds and styles, most of which didn't work, but props for that I guess. Also Everything is such a weird freaking song.

Slip has some bangers and is definitely good for the price it came with. Did feel like some leftovers though (which isn't a bad thing but wasn't really anything new).

The Deluxe Edition is HM is on Spotify for me?

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Madkal posted:

Weird. I am checking now and it goes from The Slip to Bad Witch. Wonder if it's a Canadian thing.

Yeah sorry, meant to say I’m in the US and wondered if it was a country thing.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Wasn’t going to drive 9 hours or fly to Cleveland myself. Anyone here get tickets and going to either show?

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

hatelull posted:

Re: "The Hand that Feeds" Weren't they slated to play an award thing and he skipped out because they were not allowed to hang a picture of W behind them while it played?

MTV springs to memory.

Edit: yeah, MTV

T-Rez posted:

"Nine Inch Nails will not be performing at the MTV Movie Awards as previously announced. We were set to perform 'The Hand That Feeds' with an unmolested, straightforward image of George W. Bush as the backdrop. Apparently, the image of our president is as offensive to MTV as it is to me. See you on tour this fall when we return to play in America."

jtr fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 11, 2022

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

:same:

I'm assuming the live band lineup is staying the same?

From all the posts on Instagram, yes, it should be the same as 2018.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress yeah, cover of Fashion. Wonder how close it is to the cover for that Bowie tribute thing.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

ISN’T EVERYONE live debut tonight at Hellfest, with health.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

On a NIN-related note I recently heard the version of The New flesh from one of the Fragile re-releases which Trent added vocals to and you can tell they're new and not found since he sounds a lot older and it's so weird hearing that as a non-instrumental now but it totally works and really fits. Not so fond of the way he changed 10 Miles High, though. Makes me wonder how some of those tracks from Deviations would have turned out if he had added vocals to them as well. 'Was It Worth It?" is my favorite out of that material and I'd have loved to hear that with vocals.

The New Flesh was released initially with vocals back when The Fragile came out. Things Falling Apart’s version of 10 Miles High did differ from The Fragile and the WITT single, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

The track list for TMNT is amazing.

PUKE GIRL