Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Robin went and made a video game soundtrack.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/01/nine-inch-nails-guitarist-robin-finck-soundtrack-noct/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

One of the sites I saw this posted on stated Trent and Atticus were working on the followup to Hesitation Marks, but that could just be a filler line.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Atticus did a new soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nNJDomqHOk

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

I remember Trent saying we'd have new NIN and other things in 2016 but we've gotten neither and the year's almost over.

let me tell you about the late 90s

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

yeah i'm a sucker for the glock samples

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

he just posted a lil instagram note '2016 isn't over yet'

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Anyone give the soundtrack a listen yet?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

It was all downhill when that rear end in a top hat started using the MiniDisc format

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Spotify recently pointed me in the direction of 'The Black Queen' which is some dudes from current-ish NIN, Telefon Tel Aviv and DEP.

It's synth poppy and very early NIN/Depeche Mode so of course you will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8t_9SxvSV8

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

he sure is getting a lot of play out of a record that apparently nobody liked

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

What record are you referring to here?

The Fragile

which is my personal fav

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Who doesn't like Fragile?

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Pitchfork are idiots, though.

Agreed.

Anyways, I sure do hope the direction on the new one follows Atticus' Error release. I could use a quick EP of pissed off after 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDn8HvoloxM

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

wouldnt it be nice if trent stuck around nyc for a week playing all the old records at small shows again

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/12/arts/music/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-ken-burns-vietnam.html

quote:

Yet when the long-form filmmaker Ken Burns (“The Civil War,” “Baseball”) approached Mr. Reznor’s manager more than three years ago about an even more ambitious project — scoring his 10-part, 18-hour documentary about the Vietnam War — the musicians gamely added it to their pile of disparate responsibilities.

“I don’t think he finished the sentence before I said, ‘Yeah, we’re in,’” Mr. Reznor recalled in an interview. “That’s a no-brainer.”

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.yahoo.com/music/trent-r...-222940245.html

quote:

I don’t see any Princes emerging on the scene today. I see a lot of people making formulaic, made to please, vegan restaurant patron-type s***. And I think it creates an environment where people are too f***in’ worried about what other people have to say. And people who have never made anything think it’s OK to talk s*** about stuff they have no right to talk about. You got a Facebook account? Nobody gives a f***. You haven’t achieved anything.

quote:

Will you follow up with a full-length Nine Inch Nails record this year?

REZNOR: We’re working on new stuff now, so we’re planning to release more stuff as soon as it’s ready, and I don’t think that’s this year.

Nine Inch Nails is scheduled to play the Panorama Festival on July 30 in New York. Will you be touring in 2017?

REZNOR: No, nothing is planned right now.

Are you still making music for How to Destroy Angels?

REZNOR: You will see more How to Destroy Angels. It’s in the works.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Oh and Patriots Day is streaming if you are into disappointment.

http://pitchfork.com/news/70713-listen-to-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-new-patriots-day-soundtrack/

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Not cornstarch? Lame.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

it was a miniDisc you format-confusing pigs

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

What a dumb EP name.

What a good tune.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

i wonder if this gets released early again because trezzy gets so excited

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

no its not

magiccarpet fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 21, 2017

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

the thing is that he used to take whatever was popular and do it really well while still in his sound. phm was better ministry, broken won best metal song of the year, tds is 90s sampling with a concept record, perfect drug is honestly one of the best electronica songs ever, fragile did late smashing pumpkins way better, year zero is in rainbows/radiohead marketing ideas and all this new stuff is just the drive soundtrack. the problem is cliff martinez is way better at this stuff.

this ep is better than the last one. the plugin overdose at the end is dumb as poo poo.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

david_a posted:

Not sure I agree about your central premise. I mean, most musicians are going to be influenced by what's happening at the time, but I don't know that Trent built on it like that. PHM was way more inspired by things like Depeche Mode than Ministry (I would say Broken is closer to Ministry, especially their live sound of that period). And you're saying The Fragile was inspired by Adore?

you're right, phm is more depeche mode.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

dang did anybody get any

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Panorama production really was great for 'just a stream.' Even the sound was good.

When does this tour start? Probably with the third EP in the spring right? I hate all this outdoor festival stuff give me LITS again.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

this is so much better than a bunch of dirt in a mailer

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

First listen pretty good.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

pretty good dudes

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

NINE INCH NAILS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND GOOD TIMES.**

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

kidna surprised to see people so upset over getting a fair shot at tickets

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

quote:

Before and on the day your tickets go on sale (check the source link for more details) the tickets won't be sold online. Everything will be first come, first served -- hopefully handled by a lottery system -- and you won't be allowed to line up before 8AM the day of in most cases.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

well now i really want to know what poo poo mirror sounds like

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

if you follow nin on spotify you just got an email to buy a white version of the new lp

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Photex posted:

Can't wait for when this tour starts and there is no visuals or anything, it's just going to be the band on stage just like it was in the 90s!

That's the thing really. Lights in the Sky is worth the extra cash but who knows what this will be.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Looks like tix didnt sell enough and they have announced another round

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

boy those robots were fast this morning

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

my lady said 'all your favorite rock stars are dying' last night so stubhub got their :10bux: afterall

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

StubHub has orchestra seating at Radiocity for $140 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Its a good day for new music