Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yeah, just a week to go until I see them in Brum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Is it just me and you then M1TCH3LL?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yes. About 4-5 rows from the front. Been waiting ages, but they've kicked in the smoke machines and done the emergency procedure announcement, so hopefully soon

Over to the left with a blue check shirt and NIN tee underneath

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
loving finally!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well that was good - actually my first NIN show. The light show was better than I expected - was a bit worried when it wasn't there after the curtain dropped, but it did come down after the first few songs. Not sure if it was just how I saw it, but it seemed the crowd didn't get into it as much until Head Like A Hole - they really got into that song.

Nice to meet you grunthaas - sorry I didn't stop to chat, but I wanted to get back to my spot three rows back I'd stood and waited ages for!

(Stayed around at the end, and got handed a pick by one of the stage technicians!)

Carpet fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 19, 2014

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I didn't see you, but it sounds like we were all pretty close by.

Cold Cave were good, but probably doesn't help if people don't know any of their songs. Think I will buy one of his CDs.

Anyone know what the pre-show music was, or how to find out? It was pretty good, wouldn't mind listening to more of that as well.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Haha I was - only found out about that forum the other night actually, while looking for merch prices

Carpet fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 19, 2014

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

M1TCH3LL posted:

If you turned around after Cold Cave and asked a confused-looking guy to hold your spot whilst you went for a drink

Shiiiit, that was me! I don't think that woman ever managed to get her friend's attention - and her head was about elbow height for me (see below)

quote:

One other thing - clapping during Hurt. How do we feel about that? It could have been decent had anyone in Birmingham known how to clap in time...

I was guilty of this, but I was just too drat excited to be there.

Carpet fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 19, 2014

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

M1TCH3LL posted:

Had I have known, I wouldn't have been so stand-offish. Sorry dude. I was trying desperately to pull my feet from off the Coke-covered sticky floor. I did hold your spot, by the way, but you ended up on the other side of me

Haha, that's OK. It was cheeky of me anyway to ask! I did think I wasn't quite in the same spot, but was happy enough where I ended up. Were you the guy with white earbuds? Surprised you didn't see me browsing the forums.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Is he wearing lipstick?

(And I mean Trent, not Marilyn)

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Hell yeah, got myself an 'Arena Standing' ticket for the Royal Albert Hall show. I was only 900th something in line when I logged onto the ticket site yesterday morning at 0830, which then gradually dropped as it got closer to 0900? Was able to purchase the tix from 0910ish, though I almost bought a stalls ticket (sitting).

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
So is anyone else going to tonight's gig at the Royal Albert Hall? Not sure what time to get there - it says doors open at 1830, but I assume I can go earlier to eat at one of the food places, then just head on down from there.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Cheers, hadn't seen that schedule. Assuming I can just turn up at 1730 then for a bite to eat.

So drat hot in London today I'm tempted to wear shorts to the gig.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Hah, just been past and there's already 20 people queuing outside. Wouldn't have thought there's any need but I'm wondering if I need to queue this early too.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
who's just spent another £80 on a ticket for the Manchester gig, after just spending hundreds on the accomodation and travel to what I thought would be the only UK dates this year?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
goddamn that's a kick rear end set, June can't come soon enough

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Is anybody else going to the Cornwall or Manchester shows?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
For any UK gonns - there's some standing tickets available for both nights at the Eden project (got myself a matching Saturday night ticket), and resale tickets available for Manchester

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
how the heck did you get on the guest list? and did they play Everything?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
should be a warm one tonight. actually met up with some people off the discord last night, and have seen quite a few people wearing NIN gear around town

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
second row :cool:. sax has been spotted during the sound check

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
gently caress me that kicked arse. bangers from the go, body and feet are knackered now

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
it's a wet one tonight

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yep, with Robin on (electronic?) xylophone, and Ilan on cello for AATCHB. What a night, I'm still feeling soaked and sore.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Time for round 3

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
yeah it loving great again. crowd got very quiet during that one which was nice. we all had a little sing along during Every Day Is Exactly The Same as well - Instagram link below.

I'm incredibly sweaty and incredibly happy.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfC4bYyqi3w/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I'm thinking at least two Bowie covers are due tonight in Brixton. Now I've got the bug for seeing this band multiple times I feel like I'm missing out not getting down there, but that's probably just as well with these travel complications.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
reminds me of the knock-off merch outside one of the gigs this summer, where the tees read 'Nine Inch Nai'

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Great listen so far - also around 29 minutes in did Trent announce they're scoring David Fincher's new film? Three Trent and Atticus scores in the space of 12 months? :popeye:

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Pretty sure that was the first NIN album I listened to, saw a thread on the forums about it being free, and then started listening to the rest of their repertoire

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Pretty sure the first Nine Inch Nails album I listened to was The Slip, after seeing a thread on here about it (and because it was free).

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well speaking of The Slip, I guess Head Down was already taken

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
So Robin Finck and Ilan Rubin are part of Danny Elfman's live band for two dates in South California. Hoping they do a proper tour of it as I wouldn't mind seeing that lot playing together. Where's Trent living these days, think he might come out to do vocals on True or Native Intelligence?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Tony Hawk covered Wish for his birthday. His birthday wish, if you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPvYbzmDM8k

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The film's not out in the UK until Monday so despite all these positive reviews of the soundtrack I'm exercising extreme restraint until I can listen to it in context first.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Nope, they can be called Ninja Turtles now, and can even feature nunchucks in a PG-rated film!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Just got back from watching the film and it, along with the score, kicked rear end. Listening to it again has cemented what I thought while watching it - it sounds like a Nine Inch Nails score, not a Reznor/Finch one.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Wish I hadn't prevaricated about buying that one, it sold out really quickly. The tote bag actually looks quite good, but I've just bought another one recently so can't justify having two on the go. Anyway when's the Year Zero remaster due

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Got a ticket to see them in London in December at a launch show for their new album. Capacity: 250, so it should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The Killer is out on Netflix and the soundtrack is available for streaming or purchase on Bandcamp.