Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
Looks like Hesitation Marks is up for a Grammy for best alternative album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
So it seems.

"My Grammy was broken in two pieces and always a fixture on my toilet, simply because I was self-defeating and thought it would never happen in this lifetime again. Now that I have an additional three, I've invested in some Krazy Glue and a relocation to the living room."

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The Grammies are pretty much bullshit, but this will always be my favorite Grammy-related thing Trent did (which I'm taking from Wikipedia because I don't remember the original article):

Definitely bullshit, but one can hope for more hilarity like this if it does win.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005

AFewBricksShy posted:

Did anyone frame their add violence physical component? I just finished my basement and have all of the vinyls (minus yz and the slip) framed next to the ntae physical component. I haven’t seen anything that really jumps at me as a way of displaying it.

https://imgur.com/a/mGALMG6

This looks extremely cool. All of it!

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005

The Walrus posted:

hate to say it but looks like Trent attended the Trump School of Standing in all but one of those shots

Ha, you’re right. Especially the wide-stanced one.

Mariqueen looks stunning.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
Copy of A live is incredible and definitely better than the album version.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
gently caress yeah. This one might be worth trying to go to since we could reasonably road trip there and my husband loves megadeth. I just wish I were less of an old, the last festival-style NIN show in Berlin left me exhausted.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
Everything is my favorite song to run to. Start out at a nice pace, then the chorus hits and it’s SPRINT TIME.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
Randomly inserting “rain rain, go away” is pretty corny, but “taught me how to kiss…you” remains number one in my heart

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
Another one that gets me every time is the beginning of All Time Low. “This-par-tic-u-lar-scen-ar-i-oooooo.”

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005

Macrame_God posted:

I remember seeing a rehearsal of All Time Low a few years back with a horn section and backup singers. poo poo was funky.

Yessss, this song was amazing with the backup singers, also Copy of A is better live than the album version imo. I love watching the video of the first time it was played at Fuji fest, because you can pinpoint the exact second in the chorus that the crowd realizes that it’s loving amazing and starts to roar.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005

(synthesizer playing) kicked off Copy of A in my head automatically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
Various Methods of Escape really does it for me.