Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm in Austin for F1 until Monday without my book, so my posts will be limited.

Sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Mustache Ride posted:

I'm in Austin for F1 until Monday without my book, so my posts will be limited.

Sorry

Well I'm jealous.

I'm going to be on the road for the next two days but I've got pdfs and a jetpack so I can post if ya'll really need me for something.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I got through my extra work today, so posting frequency should be back up.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Oh look the smelly unawakened Matrix folks are holding our game hostage :colbert:

See if they were Magic-Users we wouldn't have this problem with their dumb old computers now would we.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So how do I get my Sprite to sit in the background and chew on this encrypted file for half an hour?

I don't really want to roll and wait for hours.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

So how do I get my Sprite to sit in the background and chew on this encrypted file for half an hour?

I don't really want to roll and wait for hours.

Just an extended test. Given another half hour, he'll probably get it. You'll either need to come back though to get him, since the node isn't on the Matrix, or communicate over a Resonance channel, if you have that Form.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Classtoise posted:

Oh look the smelly unawakened Matrix folks are holding our game hostage :colbert:

See if they were Magic-Users we wouldn't have this problem with their dumb old computers now would we.

Sorry I built a combat/sneak monster with only two dice for the task at hand. :shobon:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Doc Dee posted:

Sorry I built a combat/sneak monster with only two dice for the task at hand. :shobon:

You should be :colbert:

(nah it's cool bro I think we just ran through it faster than Bible anticipated)

The Bible
May 8, 2010

For both games, I'd like to ask that when you post, please link your character sheet.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, I was trying to but Awful has been crashy as poo poo lately so the less tabbing between apps I do the better. I should be back on a real computer tomorrow night.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Well, ok, just do it as often as you can, then. It won't kill me to look up the sheet every now and then.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Well, ok, just do it as often as you can, then. It won't kill me to look up the sheet every now and then.

I thought was was being clever in sending the bbc code to myself in an email but trying to c/p from that is killing me. When I go out of town next weekend I am going to bring an actual computer.

I can't remember if you went over this before, but how do you handle Edge regeneration? Do we get it back daily, after every clear "scene change" or when you tell us it comes back?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

The Bible posted:

For both games, I'd like to ask that when you post, please link your character sheet.

Best DM declaration ever made

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

I thought was was being clever in sending the bbc code to myself in an email but trying to c/p from that is killing me. When I go out of town next weekend I am going to bring an actual computer.

I can't remember if you went over this before, but how do you handle Edge regeneration? Do we get it back daily, after every clear "scene change" or when you tell us it comes back?

Critical successes and feats of outrageous badassery only.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

The Bible posted:

Of course, I'm sure you have noticed by now you are the only member of your group who is not awakened, and I suspect this is the reason.

Okay, so, I don't know that this really matters, but it's been confusing me and I feel like I should know. Do Adepts count as Awakened or not? If they do, is the doctor here just mistaken? I don't mean to pick on it if it's a mistake, I'm just not sure whether or not the doctor is supposed to not realize that Elena is an Adept or what.

Also, either way, isn't Kasumi clearly not Awakened?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Viscardus posted:

Okay, so, I don't know that this really matters, but it's been confusing me and I feel like I should know. Do Adepts count as Awakened or not? If they do, is the doctor here just mistaken? I don't mean to pick on it if it's a mistake, I'm just not sure whether or not the doctor is supposed to not realize that Elena is an Adept or what.

Also, either way, isn't Kasumi clearly not Awakened?

Failed Assensing check (In-Character, you don't know this, though). Adepts are indeed Awakened.

And yeah, Kasumi is clearly not awakened, but is also not Chinese, so the doctor feels less inclined to voice his concerns with her.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 21, 2013

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

The Bible posted:

Failed Assensing check (In-Character, you don't know this, though). Adepts are indeed Awakened.

And yeah, Kasumi is clearly not awakened, but is also not Chinese, so the doctor feels less inclined to voice his concerns with her.

Fair enough, I just wasn't sure how to interpret it. Makes sense now, though.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Bible, I want to rent an office building FLOOR not just some love hotel, whats that gonna cost me. Here i'm gonna give you a hint why.

I want to shove autoturrets and wireguided antitank missles into a floor to deal with S-K SRT and otherwise cause havoc/make it seem like theres more than one team running

The Bible
May 8, 2010

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

The Bible, I want to rent an office building FLOOR not just some love hotel, whats that gonna cost me. Here i'm gonna give you a hint why.

I want to shove autoturrets and wireguided antitank missles into a floor to deal with S-K SRT and otherwise cause havoc/make it seem like theres more than one team running

Oh, I see. If you're wanting a floor of the S-K building, that might be a bit cost prohibitive. If you want just a nearby office-tel floor for a day or two, you could swing it for 2500 nuyen, less on a good negotiation roll .

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Bible posted:

Oh, I see. If you're wanting a floor of the S-K building, that might be a bit cost prohibitive. If you want just a nearby office-tel floor for a day or two, you could swing it for 2500 nuyen, less on a good negotiation roll .

The nearby is what i was going for and thanks, that works.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Would you be recruiting additional people later on in the campaign? The one I was in with Mandozer stalled and crashed so I am currently looking for a game.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

AmyL posted:

Would you be recruiting additional people later on in the campaign? The one I was in with Mandozer stalled and crashed so I am currently looking for a game.

I do plan on running these as a series of adventures between which characters can leave and arrive should they wish to. I'll hit the recruitment thread when it happens.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Can you put AmyL into seoul team please, she was pro in pierre's game and my char would have known her so it'd be a interesting crossgame tie.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Can you put AmyL into seoul team please, she was pro in pierre's game and my char would have known her so it'd be a interesting crossgame tie.

6 characters is a bit much, but if your guy brings her in on his story, I wouldn't be in a place to say no. Player narrative and all :wink:.

Alright, AmyL. Post a character and work out your entrance with Cis.

Also, Seoul game is updated, sorry for the delay, had to draw something up before replying to Rigged Deck.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 22, 2013

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
While it can be risky since it means I can't react suddenly to gently caress ups or sudden changes, I will say that making multiple Matrix rolls in one post does help speed things along. Sadly Matrix poo poo as it stands now is still pretty time consuming, though at least in SR5 it's actually do-able in a PBP. I imagine combat-hacking would be much faster, as what you tend to be doing is more...direct.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, so lets go over some stuff about how the matrix works before I keep going. I'm basing most of this off of known computer networking and how it will apply in the cyberpunk future, so feel free to smack me if I'm wrong.

Now in your statement, you're saying that because the Sprite is still on the node, I will need to use Complex Form "Resonance Channel" to talk to it. A Form I didn't take. However when I read the rules on the "Sprite-Technomancer Link" on page 256, I see the following:

You have a mental link to your sprites as long as you're connected to the Matrix. You can communicate through this link with text, images, words and so on. If you lose your connection with the Matrix, you also lose your mental link with your sprite(s). They'll keep working on whatever it is they were doing, but when they're done they'll either vanish, or if they're regered they'll hang around waitign for you. Occe you're back online, you can link up with your sprite(s) again. Sprites are personals, but not devices. They can be a part of a PAN or WAN.

So:

There are two scenarios on what happened that I can see here:

#1: Although I was connected to the Renraku Matrix while at the crime scene to access the node, which was either isolated or offline, I was able to call my sprite into the Renraku matrix and it then proceeded to work on the file while in full communication with myself as I travelled outside of the matrix. Or it is required that I be connected to the specific matrix it was left in, in this case Renraku. Therefore, my Transcendent Grid should have allowed me to make a connection to the sprite still sitting in the Renraku Matrix and my rolls for the extended test were valid.

#2: If the sprite was left on the Node, then the node will need to be rebooted before I can talk to it again. The Matrix team that was left at the site should have been able to reboot the node on their own without my help. Yes, things moved a little fast, and I wasn't posting as prolifically as I normally do so you moved the scene along without me (which is fine), but the leftover matrix work is something that Renraku IT goons can probably do with their eyes closed, unless their extremely incompetent. Therefore, if my sprite was somehow called to the Excluded node and we won't be able to access it until its been rebooted, the IT goons should have already had that happen in the time since we left the crime scene.

So can we work out a way to work together on these things?

Now, as an aside from all of that poo poo up there about me loving up your game, I am not having fun on this compared to other PbP games I participate in.

Maybe is the total separation of a Matrix user in a team of Ascended or something, but the most fun I've had since the game has started has been puzzling out this post right here, and not anything that's been in the game thread.

Maybe its me, I'm used to a more fluid playstyle where you fit the rules to match your story and throw the rules out when they don't make sense, and you seem to be heading in a more "fit the story to the rules" type of situation, and our gaming personalities might just not match too well.

Maybe its the fact that you're trying to shoehorn matrix rules that are clearly based on matrix combat into an investigative type of scenario, and my character's skills just aren't working to match that at all. Granted I did build a matrix combat type of character, but that was because I leapt at a chance when you said "Matrix stuff will be in the game"

Whatever it is, I can tell that my own posts are getting less and less frequent, and with less and less exposition, and I'm not even reading the actions of my other teammates. And that can lead to bad things in a PbP game, especially for you, the GM, and it leads to a not fun time on my part.

So I'm open to suggestions. If you'd like I can bow out and AmyL or whoever can replace me in team buttbutts, or you can re-open recruitment to get another matrix guy in here. Or something else. Just let me know what you want me to do.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I dunno what happened in your specific situation, but I'll explain Shadowru matrix best I can. I feel the need to point out first that there aren't multiple Matrixes. There's just The Matrix. There are multiple grids (which are somewhat analogous to service providers and servers combined) and Hosts (which are more individual Grids based solely on a specific building). Grid wise there's three levels: Public Grid can be used roughly anywhere but you take penalties for using it, as it's the lovely cheapo grid stuffed to the gills with spam. Beyond that there're Local Grids, which you get for free at...Medium? Or Low? Life Quality. This would be your LA Metropolitan Area Grid - the main grid network for everyone in the area. Still public, but not free. Lastly there are global grids connected to the AAA's - you get these at High. These can be used anywhere in the world where that AAA has a foothold, which is more or less almost everywhere in the world. Most corp sites will use their subsequent corp global grid rather then the local one, so unless you want to take -2 to all your actions, you'd want to hop onto that grid before diving into the corpshit. If you're not on corp territory, the local grid is what you'd want to be using.

A host is a "building" inside the Matrix - it's on "The Matrix" rather then a specific grid, so you usually don't need to worry about grid hopping. Lots of hosts are public - your hotel's host, for example, is not going to be exactly state of the art, it'll likely have a small corner for important files and a large viewing area to set appointments, look at the rooms, make requests, etc, etc. In real world terms, a host is mostly analogous to a website mixed with a server (note: everything in Shadowrun is basically also a server).

So from what I understand in your example, so long as you never left The Matrix on the whole (by using Reboot) you should still have your connection to the Sprite.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Okay, I don't understand the Matrix rules at all, but it seemed to me like it was just a matter of the node not actually be connected to the Matrix, like a computer not being connected to the Internet. Why doesn't this make sense?

In related news, I am really glad I decided not to make a Matrix-using character.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I didn't really mean to cause a poo poo storm here. Most of what Cirno said matches what I meant if you replace 'Matrix' with 'Grid' in my explanation and I'd agree with what he said (by the way, I'm horrible with names of things).

The big thing is that I'm not really having much fun right now, and I'm smart enough to get out so someone else can jump in who might stick around longer than I would of I try to keep going.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ok, went to the thread and read it - the node is completely disconnected from the Matrix. YOu are trying to access a computer that is turned off. You must either turn it on or use ~*~spooky Resonance~*~ to connect to it.

Matrix stuff is less complicated then it is wordy

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

I'm just confused because The Bible said that the node wasn't on the Matrix, which seems really intuitive to me (but which I admit could be completely wrong because I do not really understand how the Matrix in general or Technomancers in particular work). I've read your big explanation post a couple times but I don't really see that addressed.

Obviously whether you're having fun or you want to quit is between you and The Bible, unless there's something I (or anyone else) can do to make the game more fun for you. I'm just trying to figure out the problem here.

Edit: Well there you go, I guess.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
If Mustache drops and AmyL still goes to Seoul, I'd be more than happy to jump in and cover matrix stuff with another sheet. This is all assuming someone else doesn't jump in.

e: cis post with explosives shopping list so I can get a supply buying contingency plan going on t i a

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Gods, Mom, and Apple Pie. Words that Barbara Wilson played and lived by in one Ares's enclaves growing up. She was tagged by Ares's Tailored Human Resources Operation for her mixture of test scores, sociability with with peers and non-peers, and getting ahead no matter who she sacrificed for the greater good, Ares. She was selected and given advanced training in the arts of infiltration, acting, and leadership. These skills allowed her to infiltrate terrorists groups, ground-roots organizations, and any other groups deemed adversarial to Ares's bottom line.

Her first job was to break up the former remnants of the UAE, determined to make one last stand against Ares by instigating a protest march. Spending time around the area as the forlorn child of a downtrodden parent that used to be with the UAW, she quickly became known as a fixture within the UAE. She served drinks and provided services, helped the elderly members with their groceries and problems, and made herself known as a voice, invoking impassioned imagery for one last hurrah against the corporate masters while disposing of the cooler heads that advised patience. All the while she was collecting information, getting the cooler heads of leadership arrested by planting evidence, and engaging in the occasional bout of wet-work.

When the day came to spread 'terror' and 'destruction' on Ares's property, the remnants were met with full force by Ares's law division, Knight Errant. They simply did not stand a chance as they were cut down from all sides and the survivors arrested, charged with multiple violations of corporate law to ensure life imprisonment.

That was Barbara's first success and not her last. Efficient, ruthless, and uncaring to anyone that preferred not to follow Ares's bottom line, she was the downfall to many such groups trying to make a better life for themselves, centralized or decentralized.

However, due to an exotic case of food poisoning that left her weak and inactive, she was downsized in favor of someone else and unceremoniously given a 'severance package'. For the past year, she has moped around suburbia feeling sorry for herself, spending time drinking. One night when Barb was wasted on the couch, a vision appeared in her mind: a wolf prowling and tracking down individuals marked with various corporate logos from around the world and slaughtering them mercilessly.

She woke in the middle of the night, inspired that instead of preying on the insignificant, she would prey upon the strong and devour them one bite at a time. She called in the last of her favors and markers to find enough cash for a one-way ticket to Seattle, determined to bide her time until it was right to begin her comeback.

However, that comeback fell flat, through no fault of her own, with a failed run against an EVO corp that literally never made it into the building due to reasons. Lots of reasons. Reinventing herself again along with asking an understanding friend several favors from those remembering the days of a unified America, she ditched Seattle bumming around the world till she made it to Korean. Another country, another chance, and another headache.
[pre]
Name: Barbra Wilson
Alias: 'Twirling Meg' 'Melody Natler'
Concept: Face/Infiltrator

Human D (Edge)
Attributes C 16
Adept B Magic 6 , One Rating 4 Active skill [Perception]
Skills A 46/10
Nyugen E 6k

Attributes
B 2
A 3
R 2/4
S 2
W 3
L 3
I 3
C 6
Magic 6
ESS 6.0
EDG (5) 1 +1 Human +3 Human D

Initiative (I3 + R4 + Improved Reflexes 2) +1d6 + (+2D6 Improved Reflexes)

Inherent Limits
Mental [( Logic 3 X 2) + I 3 + W 3] / 3 = 4
Physical [( S 2 X 2 ) + B 2 + R 4] / 3 = 3
Social [(C 6 X 2) + W 3 + ESS 6]/3 = 7
Condition Monitor Boxes
Physical [B 2 /2]+8 = 9
Stun [W 3/2]+8 = 10
Overflow Body 2
Positive Qualities
Bilingual (-5)
First Impression (-11)
Mentor Spirit [Wolf] (-5)
Negative Quality
Corporate Born (Ares) SIN (25)

Skills Group 10
Acting: Con, Impersonation, and Performance (group) 4
Influence: Etiquette, Leadership, and Negotiation (group) 3
Stealth Skill Group 3

Skills 46

Thrown 3
Pistols 4
Perception [4] + 2= 6
Unarmed Combat 5
Freefall 2 (2/1/14)
Forgery 6
Intimidation 4
Locksmith 4
Pilot Ground Craft 2
Computer 3
Swimming 2
Gymnastics 3
Running 2
First Aid 4
Climbing 2

Knowledge Skills 16
English N
Korean N
Japanese 4
Forensics 4
Business 4
High Fashion 4

Contacts
Emerson Waldorf Randolph Researcher 3/3
“McCoy” Smuggler 3/3
Amanda March Socialite 3/3
"Steph" Yamada Fixer/former KCIA 3/2

Lifestyle
3 months Low style 3x2000 = 6k

Gear
Auctioneer Business Clothing 1,500=1.5k
Armor clothing 2x450=900
Urban Explorer Jumpsuits 1x650=650
Biomonitor 300
Disposable Syringe 10X10 = 100
Medkit Rating 3 (hand-held)750
Medkit Rating 4 1k
Defiance Ex Shocker 250
Taser Darts 100 10x50 = 500
Colt America L36 320
Regular Ammo 100shots 10X20=200 (99 shots)
Gel Rounds 100shots 10X25 = 250
Imaging Scope 300
Image-Link 25
Silencer 500
Concealable Holster X2 = 300
Glasses Cap 2 X 100= 200 X 2 each = 400
Flare-Comp 2 x 250 = 500
Image-Link 2x250 = 500
Com-Link Rating 3 Renraku Sensei 1,000
Fake SIN Rating 3 7,500
Fake License Rating 3 600
Colt America L36
Total Spent: 26,000 and some change.

Vehicle:
None

Adept Powers
Killing Hands .5 PP
Combat Sense 1PP 2+ to defend against range and melee attacks
Danger Sense .5PP 2+ on Surprise attacks
Improved Reflexes 2.5pp +2 Reaction +2D6 Initiative Die
Kinesics .5pp +2 to resist Social Tests
Voice Control .5pp +1 to Social Limits
Improved Senses .5pp
Low-light
Flare-Comp

Mentor Spirit
Wolf
Advantages
All: 2+ dice to Tracking Tests
Adept: 2 free levels of Attribute Boost (Agility)
Starting cash 540 Nyugen
Karma left: 4 (2/1/14)

AmyL fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 1, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Atlatl posted:

If Mustache drops and AmyL still goes to Seoul, I'd be more than happy to jump in and cover matrix stuff with another sheet. This is all assuming someone else doesn't jump in.

e: cis post with explosives shopping list so I can get a supply buying contingency plan going on t i a

Buy all the explosives, buy me an aztech striker launcher with external launcher and suitable AV rounds, possibly in Missile form so they can fire and forget.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

The lack of clarity on this is on me. I'll try to clarify and work with you on this, mustache.

Basically, as you left it, the node is like a computer that is on, but has had its network card disabled. It can be accessed directly, but not remotely. The network guys can power it on once the Sprite has finished, bit have not done so just yet.

I'm going somewhere with that, but it is a minor detail, and I don't want to sacrifice fun for minor details, so I'll drop that.

I also sense you're interested in more flexible Matrix rules in an investigative capacity. Ok, I understand that, and a technomancer is kind of a cyber wizard, so maybe he should be able to bend rules that way. I'll be sure to flex on that in the future.

I appreciate the honest feedback. I think I've dragged the intro a bit. You guys are close to the meat of the run, where there is going to be a blend of combat, magic and Matrix stuff to be done. I'll do my best to speed things up to that in my next post, if you're willing to give me the chance to salvage your interest in the game.

Well, I'll speed it along even if you aren't willing to stick around, but I like your character, so I do hope you stick around.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 22, 2013

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sure, I don't mind giving it another shot.

A little more flexibility in the matrix rules should help certainly and hopefully I can find something interesting in the story to draw my attention back in.

The rant above is mostly due to me being aware of what happens when an uninterested PC decides to jump ship on the game from a GMs perspective and I'm trying to be more open about that rather than just disappearing. So don't take it to harshly.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Its just a game, no bad blood on my end. And I'm well aware that I'm still new to GMing, so my style is rough.

If later you still want to go, we'll find a way to write you out and bring another in.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

AmyL posted:

Gods, Mom, and Apple Pie. Words that Barbara Wilson played and lived by in one Ares's enclaves growing up. She was tagged by Ares's Tailored Human Resources Operation for her mixture of test scores, sociability with with peers and non-peers, and getting ahead no matter who she sacrificed for the greater good, Ares. She was selected and given advanced training in the arts of infiltration, acting, and leadership. These skills allowed her to infiltrate terrorists groups, ground-roots organizations, and any other groups deemed adversarial to Ares's bottom line.

Her first job was to break up the former remnants of the UAE, determined to make one last stand against Ares by instigating a protest march. Spending time around the area as the forlorn child of a downtrodden parent that used to be with the UAW, she quickly became known as a fixture within the UAE. She served drinks and provided services, helped the elderly members with their groceries and problems, and made herself known as a voice, invoking impassioned imagery for one last hurrah against the corporate masters while disposing of the cooler heads that advised patience. All the while she was collecting information, getting the cooler heads of leadership arrested by planting evidence, and engaging in the occasional bout of wet-work.

When the day came to spread 'terror' and 'destruction' on Ares's property, the remnants were met with full force by Ares's law division, Knight Errant. They simply did not stand a chance as they were cut down from all sides and the survivors arrested, charged with multiple violations of corporate law to ensure life imprisonment.

That was Barbara's first success and not her last. Efficient, ruthless, and uncaring to anyone that preferred not to follow Ares's bottom line, she was the downfall to many such groups trying to make a better life for themselves, centralized or decentralized.

However, due to an exotic case of food poisoning that left her weak and inactive, she was downsized in favor of someone else and unceremoniously given a 'severance package'. For the past year, she has moped around suburbia feeling sorry for herself, spending time drinking. One night when Barb was wasted on the couch, a vision appeared in her mind: a wolf prowling and tracking down individuals marked with various corporate logos from around the world and slaughtering them mercilessly.

She woke in the middle of the night, inspired that instead of preying on the insignificant, she would prey upon the strong and devour them one bite at a time. She called in the last of her favors and markers to find enough cash for a one-way ticket to Seattle, determined to bide her time until it was right to begin her comeback.

However, that comeback fell flat, through no fault of her own, with a failed run against an EVO corp that literally never made it into the building due to reasons. Lots of reasons. Reinventing herself again along with asking an understanding friend several favors from those remembering the days of a unified America, she ditched Seattle bumming around the world till she made it to Korean. Another country, another chance, and another headache.

Name: Barbra Wilson
Alias: 'Twirling Meg' 'Melody Natler'
Concept: Face/Infiltrator

Human D (Edge)
Attributes C 16
Adept B Magic 6 , One Rating 4 Active skill [Perception]
Skills A 46/10
Nyugen E 6k

Attributes
B 2
A 3
R 2/4
S 2
W 3
L 3
I 3
C 6
Magic 6
ESS 6.0
EDG (5) 1 +1 Human +3 Human D

Initiative (I3 + R4 + Improved Reflexes 2) +1d6 + (+2D6 Improved Reflexes)

Inherent Limits
Mental [( Logic 3 X 2) + I 3 + W 3] / 3 = 4
Physical [( S 2 X 2 ) + B 2 + R 4] / 3 = 3
Social [(C 6 X 2) + W 3 + ESS 6]/3 = 7
Condition Monitor Boxes
Physical [B 2 /2]+8 = 9
Stun [W 3/2]+8 = 10
Overflow Body 2
Positive Qualities
Bilingual (-5)
First Impression (-11)
Mentor Spirit [Wolf] (-5)
Negative Quality
Corporate Born (Ares) SIN (25)

Skills Group 10
Acting: Con, Impersonation, and Performance (group) 4
Influence: Etiquette, Leadership, and Negotiation (group) 3
Stealth Skill Group 3

Skills 46

Thrown 3
Pistols 4
Perception [4] + 2= 6
Unarmed Combat 5
Forgery 6
Intimidation 4
Locksmith 4
Pilot Ground Craft 2
Computer 3
Swimming 2
Gymnastics 3
Running 2
First Aid 4
Climbing 2

Knowledge Skills 16
English N
Korean N
Japanese 4
Forensics 4
Business 4
High Fashion 4

Contacts
Emerson Waldorf Randolph Researcher 3/3
“McCoy” Smuggler 3/3
Amanda March Socialite 3/3
"Steph" Yamada Fixer/former KCIA 3/2

Lifestyle
3 months Low style 3x2000 = 6k

Gear
Auctioneer Business Clothing 1,500=1.5k
Armor clothing 2x450=900
Urban Explorer Jumpsuits 1x650=650
Biomonitor 300
Disposable Syringe 10X10 = 100
Medkit Rating 3 (hand-held)750
Medkit Rating 4 1k
Defiance Ex Shocker 250
Taser Darts 100 10x50 = 500
Colt America L36 320
Regular Ammo 100shots 10X20=200
Gel Rounds 100shots 10X25 = 250
Imaging Scope 300
Image-Link 25
Silencer 500
Concealable Holster X2 = 300
Glasses Cap 2 X 100= 200 X 2 each = 400
Flare-Comp 2 x 250 = 500
Image-Link 2x250 = 500
Com-Link Rating 3 Renraku Sensei 1,000
Fake SIN Rating 3 7,500
Fake License Rating 3 600
Colt America L36
Total Spent: 26,000 and some change.

Vehicle:
None

Adept Powers
Killing Hands .5 PP
Combat Sense 1PP 2+ to defend against range and melee attacks
Danger Sense .5PP 2+ on Surprise attacks
Improved Reflexes 2.5pp +2 Reaction +2D6 Initiative Die
Kinesics .5pp +2 to resist Social Tests
Voice Control .5pp +1 to Social Limits
Improved Senses .5pp
Low-light
Flare-Comp

Mentor Spirit
Wolf
Advantages
All: 2+ dice to Tracking Tests
Adept: 2 free levels of Attribute Boost (Agility)
Starting cash 540 Nyugen
Karma left: 2

Looks good. Since the meeting with Kim is done, I'd like to have Cis bring you in as a contact of his. Up to you two how and when you show up.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

So, I would be posting in the thread but I kind of feel like I'm not sure what I can have Elena do at the moment.

At the risk of sort of making the opposite complaint Mustache Ride just did, I feel like speeding it up like that just left me confused about how Elena got that information and what she's supposed to do with it (until everyone is done here and we can visit the address, I guess). I suppose I was enjoying the relatively slow pace. :shobon:

It's not a big deal, though. If someone else just posts something that Elena can react to, that would be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Tough crowd.

I figured you guys would have done some Matrix searching, and a bit of data like that would have been easy to find.

I'm still trying to find a good pace here, sorry I'm leaving some people behind. I'm thankful for the criticism, though.

• Locked thread