Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Pharohman777 posted:

Man, I got the Gamecube Zelda compilation that included Majora's Mask.
I loved the whole thing to the end.
The whole thing is a sort of horror that is more psychological, and relies on being unsettling rather than jump scares.
I want to like Majora's Mask but that Gamecube disc is the only version of the game I've had and it is a loving terrible port. The version of Majora's Mask on the compilation disc has a high chance of freezing, and because of the save system being quick saves that are deleted when you load the game (aside from song of time saves) if you get unlucky when the game decides to freeze you can lose hours of progress. I've never finished Majora's Mask because this happened to me and I couldn't be bothered to do all that stuff again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Epee Em posted:

It also brings up an interesting point of debate, which I will happily describe my views of to "chum the waters" a bit and get this poor thread some more conversational activity.

3 out of 4 of Majora's Mask's dungeons are brutal compared to the Zelda norm.

Woodfall is easy and straightforward. The last room before the boss is relatively complex for a first "real" dungeon. Considering the Deku Tree is 5 minutes (or less, especially if not counting cutscenes) into OoT, I wouldn't call it a fair parallel, so compare it to Dodongo's Cavern instead. I'd say they're about equal in complexity and difficulty, though Woodfall is significantly less sprawling.
Conversely though, I think Odolwa is way too hard for a first Zelda boss. I don't know if Thorn cheesed the boss or that was just the way you are meant to fight him that I never worked out, but that boss caused me no end of trouble and I could never work out how to dodge the bug attack that he didn't get a chance to use in the LP.

• Locked thread