Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Drakengard 3 to have the common courtesy to outright tell you about its bullshit side quest requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

I uh... I translated Octa's story... yeah... so um... here you guys go... ha ha...
http://kho-dazat.tumblr.com/post/68052212592/all-you-need-is-joy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

dazat posted:

I uh... I translated Octa's story... yeah... so um... here you guys go... ha ha...

Wow, uh.. That's.. a thing. This certainly is a Drakengard game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

And to think we doubted.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

That went from creepy to hilarious in record time.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Drakengard 3- "I just assumed he shoved the faerie up his rear end in a top hat."

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
I think the Drakengard devs are being haunted by elder-things-that-should-not-be and the games are just cries for help.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

PunkBoy posted:

Drakengard 3- "I just assumed he shoved the faerie up his rear end in a top hat."
Drakengard 3- A character wants to bang a black hole.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
I have no idea why, but this is starting to feel like Old Testament: The Anime

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

PRetty sure God told Abraham to kill Isaac, not... well, you can fill in the blanks yourself.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

I'm just hoping we've hit peak weird with Octa's story and Cent's will be a little more sane (or at least less graphic). I'm starting to feel a little dirty translating these things... like, I honestly never thought I'd ever type out the words "I assumed he shoved the faerie up his rear end in a top hat", but here I am. Thanks, Drakengard!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Don't worry about it - that was hilarious! Thanks for translating these.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

It says a lot about Drakengard that Octa seems like he'll be one of the nicer characters

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, thanks for this. The game seems to actually be pretty tongue in cheek with all this, I mean Octa is essentially the old tired anime/JPRG cliche of the creepy old pervert but they just go all the way with it into utter absurdity to the point where he lusts for collapsed stars.

Genocyber posted:

It says a lot about Drakengard that Octa seems like he'll be one of the nicer characters
And the only actually heroic character in the series, 2, is probably going to die a violent and miserable death at the hands of the player. DRAKENGARD!

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 25, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

I think you're being overly optimistic here.
Honestly I think it would be more effective 2 wasn't secretly a psychopath or anything. She's genuinely nice, but in the world of Drakengard that's like painting a big red bulls-eye on your forehead.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 25, 2013

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Accordion Man posted:

And the only actually heroic character in the series, 2, is probably going to die a violent and miserable death at the hands of the player. DRAKENGARD!

I think you're being overly optimistic here.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Yep. Nier flashbacks. It's gonna be fun grinding for bullshit drop rates of things. :suicide:

dazat posted:

"I want to become a pleasure athlete." I cracked up at that line, and lost it at him wanting to gently caress a black hole. I can't wait for what horrors are lurking round the corner. :allears:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Pesky Splinter posted:

"I want to become a pleasure athlete." I cracked up at that line, and lost it at him wanting to gently caress a black hole. I can't wait for what horrors are lurking round the corner. :allears:

It's going to be fun if the Mother Grotesquerie shows up at some point.

On a related note, do we know if there's going to be much connection to D2 at some point yet? It seems like the black sheep of the family, so I'm genuinely wondering if they're going to legitimize it at some point, past 'yes, this was part of the series'.

dazat posted:

I'm just hoping we've hit peak weird with Octa's story and Cent's will be a little more sane (or at least less graphic). I'm starting to feel a little dirty translating these things... like, I honestly never thought I'd ever type out the words "I assumed he shoved the faerie up his rear end in a top hat", but here I am. Thanks, Drakengard!

Twice, no less! Wanna go for a hat trick?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

On a related note, do we know if there's going to be much connection to D2 at some point yet? It seems like the black sheep of the family, so I'm genuinely wondering if they're going to legitimize it at some point, past 'yes, this was part of the series'.
I think its just going to get relegated to an Alternative Universe deal. After all 2 takes place after Drakengard's Ending A while Nier treats E as the canon ending.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Wait a minute! Drakengard 3 takes place before Drakengard 1, right? And Nier takes place on Earth thousands of years after it was exposed to the world of Drakengard through interdimensional trickery, right? And Octa is still reading ancient documents written by authors from Earth!? Which means the world of Drakengard is actually an alternative post-apocalyptic Earth. It's some kind of endless, hopeless cycle of death and despair :psyboom:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

It seems like the black sheep of the family

Isn't that only true in the West? I believe in Japan it's more well-liked; at least enough for Nowe to appear on promotional materials for Drakengard stuff.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Renoistic posted:

Wait a minute! Drakengard 3 takes place before Drakengard 1, right? And Nier takes place on Earth thousands of years after it was exposed to the world of Drakengard through interdimensional trickery, right? And Octa is still reading ancient documents written by authors from Earth!? Which means the world of Drakengard is actually an alternative post-apocalyptic Earth. It's some kind of endless, hopeless cycle of death and despair :psyboom:
Its an endless recursion of grimdark and elder space babies.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Renoistic posted:

I actually think it's completely plausible that the point of Drakengard 3 will be to establish that there's some kind of eternal cycle and the end of Nier became the beginning of Drakengard 3.

I've been wondering how this could possibly relate to Nier despite being such a massive prequel ever since I saw the first pics of Zero/One (who I still think could pass for Kaine/Yonah) and the white flower growing out of Zero's eye because in no way were white flowers a gargantuan important part of Nier both thematically and in the plot or anything.

I think a bridge is obvious, and this series is absolutely deranged enough to close an infinite mobious strip of apocalypses or something.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

There was another live broadcast on NicoNico today but it was pretty boring with no new information or videos.
The only thing of interest was Aoi Eir's live performance of Kuroi Uta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu_1NFGw8uQ

Well, that and they took a vote on which Apostle was the most popular with the women there and Decad won out, believe it or not. Dito was the runner-up with one vote, Cent and Octa got zero.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I actually think it's completely plausible that the point of Drakengard 3 will be to establish that there's some kind of eternal cycle and the end of Nier became the beginning of Drakengard 3.

I've been wondering how this could possibly relate to Nier despite being such a massive prequel ever since I saw the first pics of Zero/One (who I still think could pass for Kaine/Yonah) and the white flower growing out of Zero's eye because in no way were white flowers a gargantuan important part of Nier both thematically and in the plot or anything.

I think a bridge is obvious, and this series is absolutely deranged enough to close an infinite mobious strip of apocalypses or something.

Zero is going to end up being the Mother Grotesquerie. This is the origin story of The Watchers. Lalalala.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Dark Id posted:

Zero is going to end up being the Mother Grotesquerie. This is the origin story of The Watchers. Lalalala.

She's also Manah's real mother, of course.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!
Gravy Boat 2k

The Dark Id posted:

Pretty much where I think it's going, too. If this ends up happening, I think we're in for a wild ride.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

I think that all the sisters are at risk and that's why Zero is hunting them. That would also explain why she teamed up with Mikhail; wasn't there some talk in Drakengard 2 about dragons being the natural enemy of the Grotesqueries? Zero's short story implies that all the Intoners were once human who were reincarnated with the powers they have now, perhaps via some Faustian pact with the Watchers. Also, one thing that was mentioned in the manga was that the symbol of the Cult of Watchers (which you can see in the beginning of the original Drakengard opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS2vp0n17BE) is called 'The Three-eyed Gemini' and is actually based not on the Watchers themselves but the founders of the cult. Zero's missing an eye, so...?

Only three more weeks until the game is released (although it'll probably take another week for my commemorative box to get sent to me). I'm super excited! Between Drakengard 3, Sengoku Basara 4 and Persona 5, I'm really glad I finally picked up a PS3. :D

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

The Dark Id posted:

I think that if this turns out to be true the whole thread has to buy you a keg of beer.

Edi: Or three kegs, I don'tfuckingknow

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 26, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Happy Landfill posted:

I think that if this turns out to be true the whole thread has to buy you a keg of beer.

Edi: Or three kegs, I don'tfuckingknow

He may need at least one to survive the LP.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Hard to tell which is more in your face: loving a black hole or shoving a faerie up your butt.

Don't feel dirty about translating this, and thanks for the continued translations giving us all hope for the unsettling wonders of Drakengard 3 :allears:

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

An official site for the Drakengard 3 OST has been put up: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/dod3/
There's only one sample song to listen to at present, but it's a beautiful one performed by none other than... Emi Evans, lead vocalist of the Nier soundtrack! :swoon:

EDIT:
Also of note is that Nobuyoshi Sano, who is responsible for many of the tracks on the first and second Drakengard soundtracks, is also listed as a composer/arranger.

dazat fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 27, 2013

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

dazat posted:

An official site for the Drakengard 3 OST has been put up: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/dod3/
There's only one sample song to listen to at present, but it's a beautiful one performed by none other than... Emi Evans, lead vocalist of the Nier soundtrack! :swoon:

EDIT:
Also of note is that Nobuyoshi Sano, who is responsible for many of the tracks on the first and second Drakengard soundtracks, is also listed as a composer/arranger.

Here it is on Youtube:

:toot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Itc4-Gk9IU

Rude Semprini
Jun 4, 2013

Ow. Right in the self esteem.
Oh wow. Of all the series to be resurrected, this one comes storming back.
I saw TheDarkId's letsplay of Drakengard 1. I have never been more creeped out by a video game, especially one I didn't even play.
I am hoping to be left creeped out all over again with this one. I want my shudder muscles to be given a workout. Octa seems to give a good impression that its going to happen.

dazat posted:

EDIT:

Very nice, very nice indeed. Nier had some fantastic music, so this is great to hear.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

dazat posted:

EDIT:

Dammit, it's not This Silence Is Mine.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's a really pretty song. If nothing else the music will be great!

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

So excited for this.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Some reporters on the Famitsu website have posted their first impressions, which amount to the following:

quote:

The game is basically have more action feels in it, the speed, combat, and bloodsplats. The battle strategy is about how you change and use the 4 types of weapons wisely to maximize the damage. The normal game stage could be completed for about 20-30 minutes if you’re ignoring some useless combat and focus only on the missions. Utautai mode is also an effective weapon. Zero’s strength increased significantly. The story so far is really enjoyable too. It seems DOD3 is more user-friendly than its predecessors.
Source 1
Source 2

Plus, new screenshots!

Zero and her man-brigade.

Decad: "Having your body forcibly experimented on... ohh, that sound wonder- I mean, awful..."

Zero: "Go suck on your mother's teat!"

Mikhail: "Wyverns are a lesser race compared to Dragons, after all~!" (I'm glad to see the classic Dragon racism lives on in Mikhail in spite of him being cute!)

Also, a second musical track has been added to sample on the official soundtrack page!
Sounds like a boss theme maybe. Wait till the end to hear some (Intoner?) vocals.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Glad to see the casual Drakengard racism started by Verdelet lives on.

Zero posted:

"Go suck on your mother's teat!"

This game's protagonist everybody.

I'm glad you are here to translate this stuff :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
How can she fly a dragon with one eye? They don't even let people fly planes with one eye, even if they have a co-pilot. And dragons are just giant retarded dogs to begin with that can kill you.

Also that dude with the fauxhawk looks like he's eager to do your tech support at geek Squad.

• Locked thread