Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

MrAptronym posted:

They put forward a lot more info than I expected, also I had to laugh at Yoko saying the game will have a happy ending and the prodcer saying no, he has read the script and thinks not. Also that Yoko thinks Nier has a happy ending.
Nier did have a happy ending. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

People asking about the final boss, the "Final Song," in a Drakengard prequel/sequel with implications of difficulty and/or dev trolling.

Even if I hadn't already played the game, my mind would have immediately leapt to the original Drakengard's final boss, to which Drakengard 3's final boss is a tribute.

Unfortunately, anyone even vaguely interested in the game would probably be spoiled already, because for some time YouTube's brilliant algorithm couldn't help but link Final Boss's video for every game you even glanced at, so the first video of DoD 3 I've seen (title and description in Japanese) was that of the Final Boss, and after looking at Revengeance trailer I was bombarded by "MGR Final Boss+Cutscenes" videos, recommended for me. Still, it is rather time-efficient, I suppose.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I got spoiled on the ending boss just from youtube related videos too. Just the thumbnail of the massive porcelain woman made me think. "gently caress. The rhythm boss is back."

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Szurumbur posted:

Unfortunately, anyone even vaguely interested in the game would probably be spoiled already, because for some time YouTube's brilliant algorithm couldn't help but link Final Boss's video for every game you even glanced at, so the first video of DoD 3 I've seen (title and description in Japanese) was that of the Final Boss, and after looking at Revengeance trailer I was bombarded by "MGR Final Boss+Cutscenes" videos, recommended for me. Still, it is rather time-efficient, I suppose.

lol, try doing it with just the game soundtrack. Maybe 2-4 songs and BOOM, "Drakengard 3: Final Song"

Thank you youtube for giving me recommendations, it's a big help.

Question:Has anyone translated 1.3 yet? I'm in the middle of Crimson Dragon and am wondering if anyone's already done it

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Postal Parcel posted:

lol, try doing it with just the game soundtrack. Maybe 2-4 songs and BOOM, "Drakengard 3: Final Song"

Thank you youtube for giving me recommendations, it's a big help.

Question:Has anyone translated 1.3 yet? I'm in the middle of Crimson Dragon and am wondering if anyone's already done it

I think the Drakengard-3.com lady translated Crimson dragon and nothing else.

And yeah, I sure love when some youtube bitchcow makes the custom thumbnail of their boss video a huge close up of the boss and puts in a title like '[GAME] FINAL CHAPTER LAST BOSS [BOSS NAME]" so I can get spoiled without even watching it. Thanks guys, real helpful.

MrAptronym fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 18, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MrAptronym posted:

I think the Drakengard-3.com lady translated Crimson dragon and nothing else.
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it ends halfway through the chapter, so I'll just pick up where she left off.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it ends halfway through the chapter, so I'll just pick up where she left off.

I would be very appreciative, it would be nice to see what our old friends are up to in alternate-alternate reality not-spain.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

Nier info supposedly from dengeki:

(No other images because I am laaazy.

Formatted, image-ified verion at: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/19/the-new-nier-game-will-have-a-happy-ending-says-creator/

Siliconera posted:

The story takes place in the future of the first title, so Gestalt and Replicant aren't in the game.

Nier, Yonah, Kainé are names that will likely have a chance of being mentioned in the upcoming game. Yoko says that Emil will appear. Accord from Drakengard 3 will also be mentioned by name. While they didn’t reveal the name, they say that ____ will be in the game as well, and Dengeki were really surprised to hear about this.

Yoko says that he believes the game will have a happy ending, this time around. PlatinumGame’s game designer Takahisa Taura for Nier 2 reacted with a “huh?!” and Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito reacted by saying “from what I’ve seen in the scenario, how the heck is it supposed to have a happy ending?! I can’t imagine how,” to which Yoko responded to the two with “I’m telling you, it’ll be a happy ending. You don’t need to look so worried.”

The “Robot Mountain” will also be in the second game, but it remains unknown whether it’ll be in the same spot.

The above concept art that depicts a ruined city is not Shinjuku.

This is a shopping mall area where Robots may linger. There will be other areas like desolated theme parks, and other ruins in the game.

The concept art of the forested area is called “Castle of the Forest” in its current development stage.

The above symbols read “Doll, Human, Machine,” but we still don’t know the significance behind the three words.

Even if you’re not great at videogames, you’ll be able to beat the game, and it’s being balanced to have enjoyable action. Taura says that this will be the basis of the project.

A lot of the staff from PlatniumGames actually really loved Nier, and they’re working on the new title with much respect to the previous one. They couldn’t share other details, except that it will be “very Nier”.

There will be multiple playable characters, and you’ll go through the game as you switch through them. (According to other interviews, there will be three playable characters.)

Instead of being able to switch through different characters whenever you want, they’re thinking about a style that will switch according to how you progress through the game, and for new games, and such.

Characters with the same weapons will have different actions. They’re working on something that will allow you to connect your combos.

There will be other things to ride besides boars.

Bravely Default designer Akihiko Yoshida has been busy with his work at CyDesignation, but after he was influenced by a certain enthusiastic female Nier fan from their staff, and even from the CEO who is a huge Nier fan, he decided to take the offer.

Taura says that he had ideas for smartphone and PlayStation Vita games, but he has strong feelings for Nier so he wanted to make a compromise for it. After gathering the best staff, he was determined to give it all he’s got for the new Nier game.

Yoko says that he believes Nier is something that is valued beyond being a game, and he still even the creators don’t know exactly what is it that attracts people to it. That said, he doesn’t feel like he’ll be able to reproduce that same exact feeling in the new game. For that reason, he believes that it will be a new Nier with a different taste to it.

As far as development goes, the new Nier game’s scenario and plot is practically done, and it’s more of a “Yoko’s world” than before.

MrAptronym fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 20, 2015

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This is like a combo of insanity coming together. I don't even know what to think.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

quote:

Yoko says that he believes the game will have a happy ending, this time around. PlatinumGame’s game designer Takahisa Taura for Nier 2 reacted with a “huh?!” and Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito reacted by saying “from what I’ve seen in the scenario, how the heck is it supposed to have a happy ending?! I can’t imagine how,” to which Yoko responded to the two with “I’m telling you, it’ll be a happy ending. You don’t need to look so worried.”
:allears:

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
http://drakengard-3.com/blog/2015/06/19/nier-new-project/

According to this Emi Evans is confirmed, also apparently the game follows ending D of Nier.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I wonder if we can finally Kill the Internet. Also, fight space aliens as/with Emil.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MrAptronym posted:

Nier info supposedly from dengeki:

(No other images because I am laaazy.

quote:

The above symbols read “Doll, Human, Machine,” but we still don’t know the significance behind the three words.
Formatted, image-ified verion at: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/19/the-new-nier-game-will-have-a-happy-ending-says-creator/

You know that sense of success when you read something that confirms you were right? This is that moment.

MrAptronym posted:

I would be very appreciative, it would be nice to see what our old friends are up to in alternate-alternate reality not-spain.

It's definitely interesting in the last chapter from what I've skimmed. I will give a spoiler for the 1st chapter though: a certain friend shows up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

InnercityGriot posted:

http://drakengard-3.com/blog/2015/06/19/nier-new-project/

According to this Emi Evans is confirmed, also apparently the game follows ending D of Nier.

It should have followed the never made Ending E.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

It should have followed the never made Ending E.

It probably does, the machine forest the Tree of Myths turns into sounds ,like it fits with the concept art. At the very least we may get its flavor of Emil.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I hope the ___ is Robo-Pope Beepy and the singularity of free thinking and being alive.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If Beepy comes back it will be the best thing ever :allears:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Okay, after a long while, I finished DOD 1.3 Chapter 1: "The Crimson Dragon"
The first part can be be found here:http://drakengard-3.com/blog/2014/05/24/dod1-3-the-crimson-dragon/

I pick up where she ends.
Disclaimer: Amateur translator, so mistakes may exist. Any and all grammar and word choice(especially) corrections are greatly appreciated

quote:

Turning to the direction of the light, I could see the entrance. However, it was quickly being buried under falling snow. If I don't hurry, it may end up being completely blocked off.

Even still, I kept my feet turned towards the depths of the cave. Within the dimly interior of the cavern, I could feel some sort of presence.

"...A human?"

I knew it. Even though I could understand the words, I knew it wasn't said by a human.

Placing a hand on the wall for support, I staggered to stand up. I then realized that though my hand should be touching the wall, I felt absolutely nothing. My feet felt as unreliable as a borrowed item. But even so, I moved.

"Leave"

Ignoring its words, I continued forward. I assumed that voice belongs to who I'm looking for. A supreme being that despises showing humans its form, but is still able to communicate in human tongue with elegance and intelligence. A being said to be an encounter with god.

"Dragon..."

In that dim darkness, I could make out a giant silhouette, with eyes staring me down intently. Those clear, vivid crimson eyes pierced the dimly lit area.

I was overcome immediately by dissapointment and relief. Dissapointed that this is not the dragon I was searching for, but relieved that I did not meet my parents' murderer while I'm this exhausted.

It wasn't even necessary to confirm the dragon's color as it was clear as day that this wasn't the same black dragon from 5 years ago. Five years ago, like a predator tormenting its prey, that black dragon killed my mother and father.

My father tried to protect the family, but in an instant, that dragon sliced of both of his arms and then bit of his head. My mother screamed out for my father and was snatched up by the dragon and took off. It flung her around and then, finally, crushed her with its palm.

I was frozen in shock as I witnessed my mother's arms, feet, innards, and finally, her head fall from the sky. Together with that cruel, warm rain of blood.

"What are you doing? Hurry up and get out of here!"

The mood was much gloomier than before, however, it didn't seem like the dragon would attack.

As there are many kinds of people, so too are there many kinds of dragons. The red dragon before me was clearly different than the black dragon from before. It had the same intimidating prescence, but there was no murderous intent behind it. Basically, it felt as if it wouldn't bear its fangs to even a fly.

"I've got something to say"

One foot in front of the other, I came closer to the crimson dragon. In front of this dragon that by all accounts should be avoided, I calmly and confidently approached it. I was so calm that it even surprised me.

I should be hating dragons regardless of their skin color. If I stated my true intent, I wondered if I'd still be able to have a conversation with the dragon. I thought about just trashing my promise with Verdelet.

Even if this wasn't the black dragon, a dragon's a dragon. I wasn't one bit hesitant about killing it.

But, I had a change of heart.

"Please Listen"
"I don't care. Leave"

As if to say that our conversation was over, the crimson dragon closed its eyes,

"I want you to lend me your power"

I didn't dare use the word "alliance". On this snowy mountain, everyone but me has died. "The chosen knight" is, of course, the knight among the strongest knights that survived the lengthy battlefield. The dragon in front of me made its home out of the battlefield of this snowy mountain. There was no clear answer to what kind of human had the survival instinct to make it this far.

Even if humans have an alliance with one another, I knew there was still the posiblity of rejection. That's why I want an ally, someone I could fight alongside of. I imagined a scene where using this amazing power, I would be able to trample those bastards in the empire. Just this thought was enough to make me shiver with joy.

I didn't give two shits about the task from verdelet. I was only drawn in to the overwhlming power before me. I wanted that power. Even if it was the same power that slaughtered my parents.

"Fight with me so that I can rip apart that Imperial Army"

But that dragon still had its eyes closed. Was it listening? Was it not? I couldn't be sure, so I said it again. I talked about the war that split the world in two, about how in a short time, the empire had amassed so much power as to slowly but surely route the Union Army...

When I said my piece, there was nothing but silence. That dragon still had its eyes closed shut. Did it fall aslep? I was so loving pissed. And just as I was about to open my mouth to complain

"You think I'd lend my power to a lowly human"

The dragon spat out that statement in a whisper and slightly raised its eyelid. But it was as if I wan't even reflected in its eyes.

"War? Even if humans don't kill each other, they'll die soon enough anyway"

There was a clear tone of mockery in its voice as it kept lecturing me.

"We dragons don't have a habit of working in packs, so fighting together is out of the question."

And once again, it closed its eyes. That dragon, putting everything in a neat little summary pissed me the gently caress off.

"Fighting is pointless? Dragons don't work in packs? So loving what!?"

I climbed this lovely mountain that has rejected every living thing. Compared to that, it didn't seem like having a conversation with a dragon would be so hard. Is it too much to ask for equal consideration in this conversation.

"So be it. DIE!"

This was what I planned on doing before. I only had a change of heart becasue I was bewitched by having that amazing power. But now that I can't have it, I'll just go back to my original plan.

As I raised my sword, a booming sound rang out, shaking the cave and me.

My world was turned upside down. I groaned trying to figure out what happened. I realized that I needed time to balance myself on the cave walls.

Suddenly, a white wind surged forth. Why was there something else thrown into the middle of this blizzard.

Then I heard the roar, but it wasn't from the crimson dragon. Because of the snow storm, I couldn't tell what color it was, but I was certain there was another dragon.

There's no way it could have thrown out from the cave, otherwise that would mean the cavern would have been destroyed. This unfamiliar dragon had just destroyed the entrance to the cave as it invaded the space.

The mysterious dragon spread its giant wings. Looking closely, I could see that it wasn't pure grey, nor pure brown, but a rather dingy color. This dingy dragon came to attack the cirmoson dragon. It brandished its needle like claws and in the next instant, a red snow fluttered about.

That dull-colored dragon was bathed in the blood and once again, let out a high pitched scream. And yet, the crimson dragon didn't stir one but. Instead, it only murmured "An insane dragon?"

I unexpectedly shouted out.

"What are you doing!?"

Why wasn't it fightning back? It was in a dangerous positon, but it didn't show one sign of a counter attack.

"Do you want to die!?"

Unconciously drawing my sword, it hit the ground with a clang. But my fingers were swollen black and blue. I couldn't move them, let alone grip with them.

It was appropriate to call this dragon insane. Its eyes, filled with insanity, turned their focus towards me. In my mind, I saw those gleaming eyes overlap with the eyes of that black dragon.

That's it. Those eyes. They're the same as that day. Eyes shining with pure malevolence. I pick up my fallen sword and, with with great effort, just barely managed to move the fingers on my left hand. With my still unfeeling right hand, I grab the hilt. I kick the earth with my wobbly feet and raise my sword overhead.

Five years since that day, all I've tought about is killing that dragon. I only thought about how the next time we meet, I will kill it.

No matter how far, I followed the trail of rumors of sighting any dragon. Things dragons are said to hate, the location of a dragon's weak points, I searched for everything related to them. Compiling all the folklore and fairy tales related to dragons, I continued to think about how I could kill one.

But when the flames of war spread far and wide, there was no longer any time to hunt that dragon. But even so, I never forgot my mission. I sliced apart the Imperial soldiers for a bit of amusement, but I still never lost my hatred for that dragon.

Slipping past the dull-colored dragon as it swung down its claws, I drove into its chest. Though its back is wrapped in iron-like scales, I might be able to pierec its stomach with my blade.

It stunk like hell, the rotten smell of blood and meet. I see now, that's why it's color is so muddy. When this dragon set its eyes on any living thing, it sloppily tore into them as it ate. Regardless of whether it was prey or another dragon.

Even in this dire situation, a smile rose upon my face. I wonder if I too look like this dragon when I mow down the Imperials.
Dragons kill dragons, humans kill humans. I realize that's probably a pointless action. But so what? What's bad about that? Isn't killing the same as surving?

Now, who will be the one to survive this?

I aim at its throat and prepare my sword to strike. But, I missed. The dragon bent its gigantic body away from my blade.

Right before my blade missed, in my peripheral sight, I could see a broken scale that was perhaps an old wound. I drove my blade straight into that spot. The dragon let out a scream and flame burned the snowy sky.

Once more, I bore straight into the same spot.

In that next moment, I was up in the air. The dragon is wildly flailing about. Immediately after I was sent flying, the shockwave came. I can't breath. Something between the pain and the heat was constricting my lungs.

I've got to hurry. I've got to raise my sword. If I'm even a moment late, I'll die. HURRY.

The insane dragon wildly swung about its claws, wings, and tail. I was blown away when I got close, thrown back and proceded to stand up once again and thrust my sword forward countless times.

Before I realized it, the sense of pain faded away and I became unable to tell if I was walking on the ground or floating in the air.

Then suddenly, the roars stopped. I could hear a thunderous tremor as the dragon's giant body disappeared from my sight.

I wasn't sure if I killed it, I could only smell the scent of blood scattered about as the dragon tumbled down the steep cliffs.

"I don't believe it. A mere human not only defeated a dragon, but an insane dragon at that."

The crimson dragon came surprisingly close and muttered "I see," to itself.

Right in the middle of my important conversation, I...

It think my legs had sunk into the ground. I lean heavily on my right shoulder and support my body with my sword. Then I turned pale in horror as I looked at my current state. My right hand, being held by my left, was covered in blood and had no more fingers to speak of. The fingers of my left hand had turned pitch black.

I now know what happened. My fingers were frostbitten by the cold and lost the ability to feel pain. My feet are probably in the same state.

I thought that I'd survive this...

My knees snapped, and as I tried to stand up, I broke out into a coughing fit. My spine let out a sickening shriek, and red flowers bloomed all around my feet.

"You think this is enough to kill me..."

I won't die. I WON'T loving DIE!

"Do you want to live?"

"Of...course..."

Wouldn't all living things do anything they can to survive? What purpose would there be to a life owned by one who does not wish to live?

"Dragon..."

I use my sword as a stick and stand up.

"Our little chat, isn't done yet"

I press my drooping hand into the hilt, and I take my immobile left foot and drag it along. If I fall here, it's the end. It's he end of everything.

"Even after all this, you still try to live, human?"

That voice was equally suspicious and surprised.

Perhaps this dragon that has lived these many years with no immediate purpose has forgotten the pure, absolute desire to live.

"Why?"

"Who cares? I just...I just want to live"

I thought I saw a mysterious color arise from the crimson dragon's eyes. Was it a hallucination? That's got to be it. My vision has has rapidly been getting darker for a while now.

"Even bearing those deep wounds, and even being unable to ever raise a sword again. You still yet wish to live?"

"Yeah. No matter what..."

My spine shook unusually. Maybe it's been this way for a while now.

"I...will LIVE!"

The crimson dragon gently lowered its head. Near its throat was a scratchmark given to it by that insane dragon.

The blood spray from that wound should have dyed the surronding snow red, but the blood had already stopped and the wound already sealed. What miraculous powers dragons have. But enough about that, I need to concern myself with my own situation right now.

"Well then, I will give you a way to live."

I wondered what that dragon was thinking of as it leaned its head down. It opened up the sealed wound, and once again, blood flowed forth.

"This blood shall extend your life and return your limbs to you.Furthermore, it shall give you the power to outlast any human many times over. However, your body shall also be eaten up by a deep curse. Will you still try to live?"

I nodded right away with no hesitation. Whether it be a curse or anything else, I happily accepted. As long as I would live, I'd be fine with anything.

Although I thought I might collapse, I pushed myself forward, step by step, to the chest dripping with blood. The blood droplets, just as crimson as the dragon itself.

Drinking that blood was like drinking flame. The blood turned into power as it entered my body, but I knew that powere was certainly the curse.

Something more shrill than a scream and more angry thatn a war cry welled up from the depths of my throat. In my field of vision, a scarlet snow fluttered in the air.

Nevertherless, I will live.

While my body was overcome with an intense burning pain, I could feel I was being filled with power. This power, brought to me by the blood of a dragon. With this power that no human should ever have, I once again raised my sword.

With this feeling, I shook all over with pleasure.

--------

A room surrounded by cold stone walls.

An unpleasant smell, something between mold and dust, wafted in this cold, damp room. There didn't seem to be any sounds coming from the outside, but the faint sound of something wriggling in the corner could be heard. Although the darkness made it hard to discern, it was probably some sort of burrowing or poisonous insect.

There were no windows, simply a single door where iron bars had been inserted. With just that, it was clear for what purpose this room was made. One needn't even look at the girl chained to the wall.

This was an exceptionally mysterious girl. The color of her hair and her eyes were not exceptionally rare, but an outsider would certainly agree that her clothing was certainly bizarre.

She didn't resist, nor did she seem to lament over her status as a captive. She merely stared at the man before her. With only the faint light from the candle, it was still impossible to discern her countenance and emotions.

"...so, following these circumstances, 'The Power of a Dragon' has been obtained. The power we have desired for all this time"

The voice of the man, who appeared to be a priest, echoed throughout the narrow room. The man was frequently toying with his golden hair with streaks of white, as if he was holding back his excitement.

Judging by his clothing, he seems to have resigned himself to a rather low social position considering his age. Nevertheless, his eyes shone with a dazzling light.

"Yes, that is so. But Verdelet"

The girl made a slight frown.

"Is there anything after this that is unsatisfactory?"

However, not a single one of her words reached that man. He was extravagantly raising his hands in the air, droning endlessly with words of joy.

"Now the Union's victory is all but guaranteed. Surely the High Priest will be overjoyed as well. And, with any luck, I too will..."

The girl let out a small sigh. She continued to murmur something in a hushed tone from those lips.

However, those words didn't reach a single soul.

A0010_E1000_KM: End Recording

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 22, 2015

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

Didn't expect that last bit. Thanks for going to all the considerable trouble of translating that! Its neat to see an alternate Caim, and I like the idea of a blood bond for a world where pacts don't exist. The different roles everyone's taken on are neat, though it reminds me we don't know much about angelus pre-pact, do we? Its been so many years since I played DoD1, I kind of want to read the LP now.

The insane dragon thing seems a bit too conveniently timed, but it was a fun story. A near immoral Caim sounds like a real issue for the world going forward, though this one seems at least slightly more stable... maybe. It would have been cool to have 1.3 DLC mssions in DoD3.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I was thinking about who that ________ could be that made Degenki so surprised. It's not any of the main Nier characters because they mentioned them and also Emil is coming back. The only other people important characters are Devola and Popola, Weiss, or the drift boar but I don't see people being surprised about them.

Maybe a Drakengard character shows up?

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
My guess is Accord.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They mentioned in another interview that Accord will be referenced, so probably not.

Yonah perhaps? Would be surprising if she lived that long.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

Overbite posted:

I was thinking about who that ________ could be that made Degenki so surprised. It's not any of the main Nier characters because they mentioned them and also Emil is coming back. The only other people important characters are Devola and Popola, Weiss, or the drift boar but I don't see people being surprised about them.

Its hard to think about who would be a reasonable choice for something that would shock everyone. Popola would be the safest bet, she fits the machine idea, we didn't quiiite see her die. We know accord is brought up at least, so a drakengard 3 character could happen, but I am not sure who would. From Drakengard 1 Caim or Angelus seem most likely but really who knows at this point.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

As someone fond of the Dark Id's theory that Caim was resurrected as Red Eyes, that's always a possibility.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Red Eyes is supposed to be dead though, so I wouldn't assume it's him.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Hoping for more text adventures.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Brainamp posted:

Red Eyes is supposed to be dead though, so I wouldn't assume it's him.
The big backstory document for Nier actually mentions he gets brought back for a bit, so another resurrection wouldn't be impossible.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

As someone fond of the Dark Id's theory that Caim was resurrected as Red Eyes, that's always a possibility.

Caim being brought back as Red Eyes would be the biggest insult ever considering that it came from the Manah blood line.

It could be bringing back Zero considering Accord's final words in Ending D.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Overbite posted:

I'm not sure if "it's Caim" would be the best bullshit asspull ever or the worst bullshit asspull ever.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
It'll be the main dude from Drakengard 2

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

So Grismore then? Can't say anyone would expect that.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Overbite posted:

It'll be the main dude from Drakengard 2

Right, Caim.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Watch it be Tyrann :getin:

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
So... how does one play the DLC prologues anyway?

I googled a bit and learned that they should unlock after completing branch A, which I have, but it's not anywhere in chapter select that I can see. I'm trying to avoid major spoilers so I haven't read through the whole thread, just CTRL-F'd the first page. If it matters, I bought and installed the DLC after having completed branch C.

Am I really that dense or is the procedure more convoluted than it needed to be? Am I being trolled by the :ghost: of cavia?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Serenade posted:

Right, Caim.

The best scene in DG2 was Caim's reintroductiion (and Manah's look of absolute horror).

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Storm One posted:

So... how does one play the DLC prologues anyway?

I googled a bit and learned that they should unlock after completing branch A, which I have, but it's not anywhere in chapter select that I can see. I'm trying to avoid major spoilers so I haven't read through the whole thread, just CTRL-F'd the first page. If it matters, I bought and installed the DLC after having completed branch C.

Am I really that dense or is the procedure more convoluted than it needed to be? Am I being trolled by the :ghost: of cavia?
Keep going right.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Just a quick question to those who read my translation. The actual text mentions Caim by name, as if it were to be in third person, but I used "I" and a first person perspective for the first story because I branched off from the the other translation. Would you rather it be in third person or first?

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Keep going right.

If you mean in chapter select, there's nothing there, it goes branch D > Accord's requests > wrap around to chapter 0, etc; in story flow, going right at the end of any branch is impossible.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Weird. That's where it should show up.

Try downloading and installing it again. The prologues popped up for me with minimal fuss so I'm not sure what you might'v done wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Bad Seafood posted:

Weird. That's where it should show up.

Try downloading and installing it again. The prologues popped up for me with minimal fuss so I'm not sure what you might'v done wrong.
Yeah, they popped up for me before I could even play them (Limited Edition and all that). Probably just a broken install.

• Locked thread