Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
http://rologeass.tumblr.com/post/69747638607/some-dod3-related-pages-from-dengeki-556-the

Some bits translated from a Dengeki review. It sounds really promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

This looks really, really good. I never played Nier, but might be interested in the LP of that and the other Drakengard games. What order should I read them in?

Drakengard 1 and then Nier, I'd say. Nier is even worth playing for yourself if you can get your hands on a copy, but The Dark Id's LP is excellent too.

Drakengard 2 I would say is an optional read. It's a lot more mediocre as opposed to balls-out crazy like Drakengard 1.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Policenaut posted:

$100 for me because I live in Canada and Square demands $20 for shipping. Still kind of faffing about trying to really decide if I want to pay $40 more for a bunch of bonuses and a better box art.

I'm in the same position :( Spring's already going to be rough on my wallet with Dark Souls 2 coming out.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Hey, I don't mean to go too :japan: and :sperg: with this, but if anyone is interested and if no one has already done so, I'd be willing to translate* the UTAHIME 5 comic. At least for what is available now.
And contrary to what it looks like(and ch0), it is NOT a ~moe☆kyunkyun~ series.
The first(real) chapter looks like it's what inspired Three to become...Three.

*This of course means that everything else(typesetting, etc.) is left to someone else

I have a friend who'd be willing to provide raw scans of whatever's not on the website (there's 9 chapters in all so far) if you do start working on this! It'd be super appreciated, I'm keeping myself unspoiled as possible for the game and this might help survive the wait.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Just to show that this wasn't going to be another "Goons say they'll do something but don't"
Here's the first script of Utahime 5, Ch.0 http://www.jp.square-enix.com/magazine/biggangan/introduction/dragondragoon/

There's probably some translation mistakes and grammar/wording issues, so feel free to correct me on those if you find any.
Also, feel free to use it for whatever if you find it useful or good enough.
Wherever you see Drakengard and Intoner, you can(mentally) replace it with Drag-on Dragoon and Utahime respectively.
Finally, I left in honorifics, as some people like them. Ignore them if you want.
http://pastebin.com/v5dj2TvD

E:
Just as an aside, Ch.0 is completely different from the rest of the story.

Thanks for the work! My friend with more chapters is asking if you have a tumblr she can contact you at; otherwise I'll just pass off the email.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

With Ni no Kuni, I think you could have sent them a picture of your receipt, and they gave you whatever you were missing. Either way, I guess all I can do is pray and hope for the best.

So, I don't actually know anything about Drakengard, but I'm pretty interested in it. Are the first two worth playing? I recall hearing that the games themselves were balls. I'm probably going to pick up NieR when I have the chance either way, because that game sounds insane, and I love the opening monologue.

Drakengard 1 sounds like it was full of horrible bullshit in terms of gameplay, and Drakengard 2 sounds like it was better in those terms but also had a very dull storyline with only a few interesting points. The Dark Id has an LP of both that would probably be more worth your time than actually playing them yourself.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

I guess it also makes her unique as far as the sisters go in that the rest of them are assuredly non-virgins, when the apostles are specifically meant for banging.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/01/drakengard-3-will-get-even-dlc-scenarios/

Apparently, we're going to get even more DLC in the future! Pretty sweet, if you ask me. I watched Five's DLC videos (not the others out of fear of spoilers) and they seem pretty well-done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Is the only way to buy it digitally through Square-Enix's store?

• Locked thread