Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Smornstein posted:

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but i'm looking to pre-order the CE will they bill me now or when the game comes out?

Would that not be dependent on where you're ordering it from?

Really glad we're getting it in Europe but I gotta say that is some sketchy voice work from Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ashtarath posted:

For all us EU and PAL goons looking for a collectors edition there has been some good news! A version of the collectors edition has been announced for us!

EDIT: Haha, it doesn't even come with a disk, never mind everyone!

I'm still going to get this. It's something physical at least and I kind of want the book and dlc packaged with it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It was, you got it from a free mission. Can't remember which one though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How self aware is this though? Like horrible Deadpool self aware where they directly reference bad game design or are the characters just complaining about having to do objectives while looking at the camera?

Forgall posted:

Yeah, Drakengard's insanity was played straight, as far as I remember. This winking at the camera stuff doesn't really work. And what jokes are left for The Dark Id to make when the game is already parodying itself?

Maybe just let the game show itself off then :shrug:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay then that's just a lousy joke if the level design is still terrible. It'd be nice if whenever they do these self aware jokes they just circumvent it somehow. I mean surely there's some sort of solution considering she has a massive dragon with her.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh Cavia, only you could get the idea that your game design is terrible and then think it would be wonderful to poke fun at yourself instead of fixing it. This is starting to sound like a whole new breed of Drakengard! :allears:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anatharon posted:

If it was only them, maybe it's be original and amusing!
Honestly I don't know many game series that go from "horrible game design with a straight played story" to "horrible game design with us making fun of how horrible we are at game design and a wacky story"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That's quite a exaggeration. They're saying that the main story is only 40 hours.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You know if the gameplay is as decent as Nier's was and it's being insane and self aware I think i'll be happy. I realize I don't give a poo poo if the story is trying to take itself seriously or not having played tons of Wonderful 101.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Forgall posted:

Mikhail is the goddamn best (when he's not being a giant racist)
:3: Dawww...wait what!? he's racist?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just read the Kotaku review here

Steve Bowling posted:

"A Badass Heroine. Zero is a woman on a mission, hell-bent on cutting down any and all obstacles in her path, whether it's a man, a monster, or one of her own sisters. For Fans of Strong Female Leads"

Didn't Taro in the launch interview mention how he didn't want players thinking that a character that mows down people was super cool?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I just didn't expect them to be this dumb about it.

I was just about to post that too.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Artix posted:

Well I got Ending A and welp, that sure looks like the one that leads into Drakengard 1. Now, off to Route B, where the true Drakengard begins. :unsmigghh:

Wait, you thought that leads into Drakengard? What about the doves and the fact that brother one just splits into Manna and Seere and the "We took a wrong turn" lady? I just got ending A last night and I swear it barely connects to Drakengard.

That boss too, whenever I attempted to do a slam with Mikhail he'd manage to miss, try and correct his path according to the lock on, miss again and start flying straight up into the roof.

Bonus Fun fact: if you kill a Golem while it's launching it's hands and a cutscene plays right after it'll glitch and loop the launching hands sound effect, over and over again.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Artix posted:

I dunno, Brother really looked like Manah after getting a bunch of Zero's blood on him and he wandered off saying something about starting a new religion and I figured that was the sanest things were gonna get. :shrug: If not, I guess I'll be proven wrong pretty quickly. I really don't care about the continuity or anything, I'm here for the crazy.

You're right but I still don't know when, how or if brother one splits into seere and manna or if he's like their parent or something. It's just weird because they just go "Heeeey doesn't brother one look kinda like Manna, yep that's how Drakengard gets started." :shepface:

But hey this is Drakengard! I shouldn't think too much into this.

Edit: Having just finished Ending A does anybody know a good place to grind for money?

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 29, 2014

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

You were supposed to shoot fireballs into his mouth.

That almost never worked for me. I ended up just finding out his simple pattern then running up and doing that fire breath attack. Always knocked him down for me. I don't know of any problems while fighting with Mikhail that can't be solved by fire breath.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I actually found the fire breath safer, because he's locked in a direction once he starts charging and i can run to hit left and right and fire breath him. Also the moment your breath attack begins he gets stunned and you get extra damage in with the fire breath and get to prep another. The only unsafe attack against him is doing a flying charge which always cause Mik to freak out and fly into the ceiling letting him.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It doesn't sound like she enjoys it. More like she'd rather not have to put in the effort of killing all those soldiers to get to her sisters. She'd prefer her sisters just line up so she could kill them and be done. Dito now obviously enjoys it. Dito is Caim.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

BioMe posted:

Seriously people? She might enjoy it in a more aggressive and cathartic sense, but how do you you miss that she still does?

I have no idea how you're getting so worked up over this.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Remember when Mikhail pissed himself and you get a full shot of it coming out. That's the best character building of the whole game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Man I love this game. So on Cent, is he more fleshed out in the other routes past the first? The moment you get him you're already close to the end and he doesn't get much time.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cool, for the short time I had Cent on my team the only thing I kept thinking was "This guys hiding something. What's wrong with him? Why doesn't he have any severe mental issues like the rest?"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

BioMe posted:

What is my point? Exactly what I said that you agreed with, the novelizations are bad.
The novels are as bad as the game. Let's not try to act like the game is that well thought out.

I feel like this game is actively trying to prevent me from liking it. gently caress the desert chest levels 00'00"50 left on the clock as I finished the second one and it gives me a silver material.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anatharon posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

Nobody knows what he's on about anymore don't mind him.

I did a bunch of grinding before starting branch B and jesus it feels like the soldiers have a lot more health.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay so I need to do grinding for branch D. Would One's DLC spoil anything for branch D?

VVV Thank you. Now I just have to grind forever. :shepicide:

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 4, 2014

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

On Spirits, I've found on more then one occasion that launching them into the air will remove the spirit and if it doesn't I can just air combo the poo poo outta them until they die or the spirt pops out.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Monomythian posted:

Also you goons are crazy, Three's dlc was the best one.

Aside from the dialogue what was actually good about that? The arena fights with a lovely moveset are not fun. Neither was the platforming.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Monomythian posted:

The game is ugly as sin and watching the same doors open and close again as loading times is really tedious. Why would you ever want to spend more time running through the levels then you absolutely have to? Three's arenas are great because its an variety of unique enemies/combinations just thrown in front of you to murder. While she explains what they are and why she made them, instead of mowing down a hundred ineffective soldiers like all the other sisters.
The enemies were not tailored to three's moveset. The super fast imps for example are just annoying and either you do that long rear end charge attack or you dash around trying to swing at them. Also the enemies are not unique. For instance the orges just have faster attack animations and they throw more then one of them at you. They weren't mixing enemy types there.

Dialogue's still good but this would have been a lot more fun if we could do this with any sister or different weapon movesets. Three's attack animations are kinda lazy also, it would have been nice to include maybe a swing with the scissors in her other hand or work those in properly instead of being another sword.

The gameplay in Three's DLC is terrible.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Now I haven't played Zero's DLC but having played the DLC for 1-5 I don't think it's really worth 30 bucks. It's handy for bucket loads of in game cash though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

^ Don't forget in Nier because he killed the Shadowlord it'll cause the rest of humanity(Replicants) to die out and all the shades will go mad. Also notice that he didn't really cure his daughter, just saved her from the shadowlord.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

She's perfect for the main character.

Saoshyant posted:

Goddamn, I hadn't seen all the DLC for this game. An additional $30 to get all the story? Beh, I'll pass on the whole thing.

It really doesn't add much. I think maybe zero's DLC would be the only real story DLC.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So at verse 8 of branch D. Haven't started it yet. Should I go ahead and play Zero's DLC now before what I assume is the end?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Welp Zero's DLC crashed just at the end of it so I skipped that part. Don't need the money at this point anyway.

Sooooo.....gently caress the final boss. gently caress it's stupid camera changes and gently caress the long rear end loading time for restarting it.

Still have to beat it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I know, I know. What's happening on screen doesn't need to be used. I'll wrap this up tonight.

If it weren't for the loading times I'd be absolutely fine with this.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Done. It was all worth it just to see the goofy Accord walk.
Just covered the screen up and stared at a wall to focus on the timing. I suppose I'll start playing a new game

LorneReams posted:

I love the awkward close-ups and camera angles for no reason.
I think it's actually just to go "Learn the beat, dumbass"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Don't you have to learn the beat or cheat for that fade to black part? That's pretty much the final FU there.

You have to learn the last bells of the song as they'll hit mikhail at exactly those points. I found just double hitting at each one worked.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Taro Yoko posted:

"But now we're working with Platinum games, and with Yoshida and Okabe, and we feel we have these great ingredients now. Is it going to be too perfect? We have all these great chefs, if you will, working together, and now, is it going to be missing that thing that made it so endearing to our fans? But after thinking about it, we think, we're just going to try it and see how it goes."

I like the whole "Lets just see how this goes" attitude from him.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Three Cookies posted:

Nier died with my save file, and thus should never be mentioned in any way.
Whenever characters attempt to say Niers name they can only say "la li lu le lo"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aurain posted:

I want to see Yoko Taro's version of Metal Gear's "Super Baby Method".

We got that already. It's the flower in Drakengard 3.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This time they'll let you read them in-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I got spoiled on the ending boss just from youtube related videos too. Just the thumbnail of the massive porcelain woman made me think. "gently caress. The rhythm boss is back."

• Locked thread