Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really like the song used for the Drakengard 3 trailers: This Silence Is Mine. I eagerly await the full version.

Man, I love Drakengard 1's soundtrack. What other games have contemporary music for their soundtrack? None of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The music is not dissonant and insanity-inducing enough. They should have gotten Philip Glass. :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

alcharagia posted:

You listened to that remix of Growing Wings, right?

Yes, and it's great. I wasn't being serious.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dazat posted:

An official site for the Drakengard 3 OST has been put up: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/dod3/
There's only one sample song to listen to at present, but it's a beautiful one performed by none other than... Emi Evans, lead vocalist of the Nier soundtrack! :swoon:

EDIT:
Also of note is that Nobuyoshi Sano, who is responsible for many of the tracks on the first and second Drakengard soundtracks, is also listed as a composer/arranger.

Dammit, it's not This Silence Is Mine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Doesn't make much sense that Taro Karo'd need to convince Square to do a female main character when FF6 and 12 both already did so years ago.

Hahahahahaha. Oh man, that's funny, I was rolling around on the floor laughing my rear end off. And then coughing for a good minute, because of a loving winter cold.

Never underestimate how stupid a Corporation can be. Especially Square Enix, where you fail upwards.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The new trailer is amazing. It seems like it follows the previous ones, it's got a bit more footage but nothing really dramatic... and then it just goes batshit.

This is my most anticipated game right now. I don't know what that says about me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

This is everything I wanted it to be. :allears: I must now listen to it more times.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

dazat posted:

Hey, it's my translation! ...except with Mikhail's lines changed for some reason.
I'll accept potty as an acceptable substitute for pee pee, but my cute little baby dragon Mikhail would never call someone something as mean as idiot! It's dummy gosh darn it! :argh:
/no one cares

To give this post some content, I mentioned in the last thread there was a Favorite Character poll on the Dengeki website a few months ago (Angelus and Caim were the top two, naturally). Well, it turns out there was also a Most Hated Character poll! Can you guess the winner?

That poll is amazing. Nowe, the clichéest and blandest of JRPG protagonists, as third most hated in japan vindicates... something, somehow.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

jonjonaug posted:

From what I remember he wrote her to be the "heroine" but also to be unlikable.

The specific term used was "The Heroine who fails at being an Heroine". She was apparently hated by most, if not all, of the Dev team.

Then again I also remember reading somewhere that the relationship between Caim and Angelus was inspired by love between a young man and an older woman, so what does my memory know, really?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I read the spoilers. I couldn't resist.

There's no way I'm reading the other endings. I have to experience this for myself.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Pesky Splinter posted:

Everytime I think Cavia has reached the limits of trolling...they manage to push it further still. :allears:

I can't do anything about the SFX, or the audio warbles, but it'll do until the OST comes out.

Spoilers:
:siren:End Boss Theme:siren:

It's an odd feeling, isn't it? One I thought I'd never be feeling.

Holy poo poo, it sounds like something out of the AKIRA soundtrack.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Whoa, what? Square-Enix charges you immediately for pre-orders on their webstore? Then I think I'm gonna pass on the collector's edition. I don't have the cash for it in the immediate future. If they just waited until around time of release like NISA (who just charged me a few minutes ago for Danganronpa's special edition) or Bamco (ordered the limited print disc copy of JoJo ASB) then I might have been able to save up :(

Yeah, that was a bad surprise and an unexpected drain on my tiny budget. I might have to cancel my kickstarter pledge to Unsung Story.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

There's something to be said about getting the full Drakengard experience. THat level of hatred of your players can never be fully understood unless you've lived through it yourself.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

All I want is for the gameplay to be slightly less poo poo than Drakengard 1 and the story to be almost as insane.

Drakengard 3 already gave us it'S soundtrack, so it's at least got that going.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

I got my code for pre-ordering, but still no notice about the game shipping yet. :ohdear:

Same. I hope it just means they,re sending them in sequence.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The only reason I didn't get my collector's edition today is because Digital River made a mistake and forgot my Apartment Number somehow. I contacted fedex and should get it soon enough.

I'm so excited for this crappy game! :allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got my copy! I just finished Chapter 1. The censorship was amazing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

This game is saved by it's soundtrack. Holy poo poo is it amazing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Trust TheDarkId's words. He is wise and terrible.

I like Drakengard 3, but that's only because I have terrible taste.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

Just read the Kotaku review here

Didn't Taro in the launch interview mention how he didn't want players thinking that a character that mows down people was super cool?

This is the same problem as Caim, who slaughtered his way into our hearts. :allears:

Speaking of which, the Caim costume looks pretty great. It's my favourite of the outfits so far..

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

I kinda want to try the original Drakengard after this, depending. I have a close friend who quite enjoyed it, despite its tedium.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Hahaha.

Do it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My PS3 died after six-and-a-half long years of service while playing Drakengard 3.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Canonically all replicants and gestalts are on the verge of extinction following the events of Nier, so it might be interesting if a big part of the plot is androids inheriting the Earth.

Personally though, I hope Nier himself is only ever alluded to and never directly mentioned. That would fit into every possible ending without bringing up explicitly whether it was Brother Nier or Father Nier.

Or it could be an entirely new story starring Sister Nier.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

You know what we're gonne get? More weapon stories. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

InnercityGriot posted:

http://drakengard-3.com/blog/2015/06/19/nier-new-project/

According to this Emi Evans is confirmed, also apparently the game follows ending D of Nier.

It should have followed the never made Ending E.

• Locked thread