Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I was ready to be disappointed that you decided to use a normal starter this time around. Then this update happened :allears:

Let's hope Mawile doesn't end up like that Totodile...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It's too bad the obedience level caps are always so lenient, I'd love for every gym battle to be like this :allears:

And you all are giving Alder too little credit. He has to get material for the second edition of his book somehow. :colbert:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Poor Rosa, too excited by her rising stardom to realize the studio is taking all of her royalties.

SirPhoebos posted:

I love imagining that the rental Pokemon are all movie regulars that have gossip columns written about them. :kimchi:

POKESTAR STUDIOS ABUZZ FROM SHOCKER: Female Mandibuzz discovered flying out of Sigilyph's roost. P.3 for this Hot Exclusive.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is why nobody likes Hugh.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chorocojo posted:

Invest the effort you want to in the game.

Pokémon is a great example of lenticular designm where the deeper depths of the game are invisible to those that are either new or don't care. Just make a team of punch dudes, it's great. Or you can breed up a team of specialized punchers. Either way.

It's interesting to think about, because there's obvious merit to just making all these hidden values and modifiers completely transparent in-game to all players. Yet there's something to be said for just keeping all the immediate available information as simple as possible and not making things any more difficult for your 10-year old audience than it needs to be.

Thinking about it now though I'm surprised the type chart doesn't cause more problems for casual players. Heck I forget certain matchups still and I've been playing this game for almost two decades.

• Locked thread