Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm still up for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
Glad to hear it! Writing now, so the strangeness shall continue in just a moment!

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Oh hey guess who's back. Some of you rad dudes have expressed interest in continuing Vortex, and with my internet stable I'm totally up for it. If I can get at least three of the original players by Friday It'll be enough— I'll reopen recruitment for the empty spots and introduce them once the party returns to Jutte.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Hell yes. I might rejigger Bardakos' focus, if that's ok though - I think Stands Like a Bastion might fit better, but I gotta compare it to Masters Defense some more.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

My body is ready.

I'm up for it is what i'm saying, let's hope some of the others jump in as well.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Let's do this thing. Nothing stops the Vortex train.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
I can continue too, I think. Depends on whether Vance's character sheet is still up somewhere.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

I'm so loving excited. Vortex owns, because of all the science!

wulf, you still have that backstory/Custo mail thing? Would like to keep that plotline somewhat going.

VAAANCE!, now we just need Nara and the team is back together.

these should be all the sheets.

thread is here for those who no longer have it bookmarked.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 26, 2014

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Oh, good. The IC thread hasn't fallen into archives yet, which is good since the character sheet that I actually kept updated with gear and xp was in that thread.

E: I bumped the IC thread just in case, since I don't know the archival cutoff date for the game room.

Oo Koo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 26, 2014

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Glad to see a good response! I'll still hold off until Friday to start things up again— It'll give Elfface a chance to join again if they want, and give me the time to go back through and organize everything. Plus I missed some XP along the way and need to tally it all up.

AzMiLion posted:

wulf, you still have that backstory/Custo mail thing? Would like to keep that plotline somewhat going.

I checked and it seems I must've deleted it. If you still have the notes though, feel free to send them again.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

So I've finished going through the thread, and this is what I've found.

XP

Everyone can add an extra 4 XP to their characters to account for the discovery of Minaret Six beneath Dog Lake, and clearing + accessing the controls of the transversal hallway on the shore of Songhe's Rest.

Bardakos gains a point of XP for removing the A/C power unit. Chattur may be interested in the power source when you return to Jutte.

From what I can see, only Vance and Custo were publicly tracking their XP, which means I don't fully know how much XP the rest of you have. What would really help take out some hassle would be if everyone used that stat format next to their names each post. For example,

Oo Koo posted:

Vance, Mgt:10/10/E:0, Spd:12/12/E:0, Int:3/14/E:1, XP:3

Once XP is all sorted, I'll reward some complimentary points to characters if they're lagging behind.

Other

Oo Koo, Vance's sheet wasn't marked with him carrying that crazy 12-fingered hand from the crab despite that he picked it up. You can count it as an oddity.

Friar John, Bardakos' sheet seems to indicate he's packing three shields at once. Guessing that's a typo?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

With the 3 XP I have, that bumps me up to 8. I'll buy some advances when we start up again. And woops, you're right, I should only have 2, from Masters Defense and from the Glaive's starting gear. Although, I've got all this gear I thought I'd use but haven't, any chance I might trade them in for some shins soon enough? I was expecting a few more "gently caress you, your shield's destroyed"-like events by now :v:

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Okay, everyone seems to be coming who wants to come, so the game shall resume shortly. I've got a good chunk of a post written up but it'll sadly have to wait until the afternoon— I have to wake up in less than four hours and I need every ounce of sleep I can get. Expect datascapes, hallucinatory memories and most likely some fancy new loot when I get the post out. Trust me, it's going to be a weird welcome back.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

saberwulf posted:

Okay, everyone seems to be coming who wants to come, so the game shall resume shortly. I've got a good chunk of a post written up but it'll sadly have to wait until the afternoon— I have to wake up in less than four hours and I need every ounce of sleep I can get. Expect datascapes, hallucinatory memories and most likely some fancy new loot when I get the post out. Trust me, it's going to be a weird welcome back.

If it ain't weird it ain't Vortex. :science:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Excellent. Just a word of warning. I move into a new house on Monday, I'm not entirely certain what our internet situation will be, so I might be a bit intermittent with my posting if that's an issue. I'll keep you informed though.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

And post is up! Let's all toast some marshmallows on Vance's frying brain.

Friar John posted:

With the 3 XP I have, that bumps me up to 8. I'll buy some advances when we start up again. And woops, you're right, I should only have 2, from Masters Defense and from the Glaive's starting gear. Although, I've got all this gear I thought I'd use but haven't, any chance I might trade them in for some shins soon enough? I was expecting a few more "gently caress you, your shield's destroyed"-like events by now :v:

There will actually be a small event between now and the Narthex (a much short period than you think) that will include some diverse trading options, so yes.

CottonWolf posted:

Excellent. Just a word of warning. I move into a new house on Monday, I'm not entirely certain what our internet situation will be, so I might be a bit intermittent with my posting if that's an issue. I'll keep you informed though.

Got it. I don't expect the game to immediately jump to full speed anyway, so take your time.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

saberwulf posted:

And post is up! Let's all toast some marshmallows on Vance's frying brain.
There will actually be a small event between now and the Narthex (a much short period than you think) that will include some diverse trading options, so yes.
Man, I hope there are smores in the Ninth World.

And awesome. I'm thinking I should probably swing for some kind of ranged weapon, just so I'm not useless beyond melee.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you guys are interested (I know Saberwulf saw it), I made an IRC channel for Numenera discussion. Feel free to drop in!

Friar John fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 31, 2014

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
I just updated my character sheet in the game thread. Apparently I'm now collecting crystal monster parts? I hadn't even realized that I've looted body parts from both crystal monsters we've encountered.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Oo Koo posted:

I just updated my character sheet in the game thread. Apparently I'm now collecting crystal monster parts? I hadn't even realized that I've looted body parts from both crystal monsters we've encountered.

Use them to pimp the Metron.
Then again i'm collecting robot bits. I think i loaded the dead terminator bot onto the Metron? If not that was my intention at one point

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I have internet, but my laptop decided to commit seppuku, so I'll be phone postinh until it's fixed (around the 9th).

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
I caught a cold this weekend, so I might be too tired to post for a couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Excuse my sudden absence, the person who pays my internet mysteriously disappeared* Monday night after the service was shut off. I'll be fixing this very soon since I'm none too happy that it's hosed up my games among other things. Until then, please pardon my billion year old dust.

(*Is in some crack house somewhere.)

• Locked thread