Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
What? No votes for Tremere? It's almost like you don't want to boil people's blood inside their bodies.

Voting for a Male Tremere named Sebastian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

The previous full LP of this game had a male tremere, so I'm voting for a Female Ventrue. Highest voted name is fine with me.

Oh it did? In that case, I change my vote to Male Ventrue, name whatever people want.

insanityv2 posted:

Even though my playthroughs of this game number in the double digits, I feel compelled to follow this. I love this game so drat much.

The dialogue in this game is so great you almost owe it to yourself to play as a talky character. So I guess I'm voting for Female Ventrue as well.

It's an amazing game, definitely in my top 5 of all time. It's a shame about the bugginess, I wish it had been more recieved. I feel like the WoD is kind of untapped as far as games go and so many awesome games could come out of it.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Curse you Gatz! I'm really enjoying this LP and now you've made me go and install Bloodlines again! I've beaten the game with Brujah and Malkavian, and I'm not sure what clan I'm going to go with this time, possibly Nosferatu for something very different, although I'll likely play the game again straight away when I re-complete it, so I could save it 'til then and try out Gangrel; Aren't they unarmed fighters though? Because those animations will get boring quickly.

Could go Toreador, Celerity's always a hoot.

Also, Kill Boris, he sucks. While visiting Venus to get our money can be a hassle, eventually we'll be so rich it won't matter, and Venus is a pretty nice lady who runs a fine and classy establishment. Plus, she's a friend of Larry's, Larry recommended us, it'd be very rude to go and kill her now.

To all the Bloodline vets in here, are there any mods I should pick up apart from the ClanQuest one? I'm assuming that has the most recent iteration of Wesp's plus patch in it as well.

I wonder, will there ever be any good clan mods out there that aren't just a complete reskin all round; same character model, same NPC reactions and dialogue, similar powers with different names.

I honestly wouldn't mind an occasional NPC having a silent line amidst the voice acted ones when they were addressing the fact that you're, say, a Lasombra or something. If people really find it too jarring, why not just have NPCs who are already in the game and giving you unique quests / dialogue contact you via e-mail and notes? Added in NPCs specifically for the mod wouldn't be a problem.

I know it's probably way more effort than I even realize, but considering the cult following, the fact that it's been out for years, and the horrible fact that as far as Vampire: The Masquerade RPGs, this is about all we've got. (Hey, I liked Redemption, but it's really more like 'Sort of V:TM with the rules bent meets Diablo.', and that was awesome, but Bloodlines is better.)

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Tithin Melias posted:

I'm not sure that the permanent erect nipples on heather isn't just a plus patch / wesp thing. I dont remember being able to cut glass with heathers nipples in my original runthrough the game.

Eh, to be fair, drinking or having your blood drunk is meant to be kind of orgasmic or whatever, better than that. So I don't find Heather's nips out of place or anything, especially considering some characters in this game.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Yeah, Masquerade violation + Humanity gain.

Or if Melissa had a bit more in Dominate she could have just brain wiped him for a Redemption and a Humanity gain.

e: Unless the plus patch removed this. :wesp:

Oh man I want a :wesp: emote now, haha.

Enjoying the LP man, keep up the good work. I started playing again with a Toreador but now I'm going to have to restart since someone posted that clothes picture and I forgot just how badass Ventrue looked last-tier. drat you! :v:

• Locked thread