Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
Let's be a female Gangrel

named Lady GanGan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

Rockopolis posted:

It's the timing that bugs me, that the brute squad kicks down the door before you even have time to get up.

I guess some vampires just get their kicks by following other vampires around and listening to them having sex with randos. :stare:

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
Homeless people's blood isn't as satisfying as other people's? What the actual christ

:psyboom:

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

Pretty sure it's been said but Ventrue are just snooty. Other clans don't have this problem.

gatz posted:

Well, when it comes to feeding, it's quality blood you're looking for, not the quantity. Bums and lowlife don't pack the same punch that a healthy, well-bred human will. Juicebags with a pedigree: that's the good stuff. But you gotta take what you can get. You ever had a Ph.D., kid? Oh, that's good stuff.

Jack isn't a Ventrue though, right?

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
Haha wow that is super horrible!

I guess it puts this universe in line with the classical alignment of vampires with aristocrats and the upper-crust though.

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
If this is set in 2004, why does our computer look like something Strong Bad would use?

I think that we should just be nice to the poor dumb thin-blooded vampire. That is a useful vote to make, right? :unsmith:

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I've never played the game and I haven't read the other LP. If I didn't have a copy of the V:tM 2nd edition player's guidebook, I'd be confused by everything.

I've never played the game and know nothing about the setting. And honestly I don't even like vampire fiction. But I'm still enjoying the LP--Gatz is giving enough information that it's not too confusing so far, but I admit I'm not following 90% of the thread because I have no idea what anyone is talking about and also it looks like a CIA document. I'm just enjoying seeing a somewhat open-world game that seems to reward a subtle playstyle as much as shooting all the mans.

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
Well, I hate to be a negative nellie but the hotel sequence did not impress me. Pop scares are the absolute laziest form of building tension and this was nothing but. All the elements of the chandelier falling, GET OUT on the wall, etc. are haunted house cliches to the point of making me giggle. And that diary, as has already been pointed out, is ridiculous.

I guess it kind of makes me a jerk to say this when everyone else is talking about how atmospheric and great it is but I honestly don't understand. I realize that it's different when you're the one playing and I'm sure that I would have been startled playing through it, but that's all--startled. Same as if someone came up behind me right now and went BOO in my ear, which isn't terribly atmospheric. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013
We bothered to unlock the special dialog, therefore we must use it. Make peace

• Locked thread