Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
So...
* I am interested in learning about the world and the lore prior to the launch of EQ:N (even though they're going to change a fair amount of it somehow, from what I hear), AND
* I recently restarted my WoW subscription (after 5 years away) with a brand new Priest (no gold, no bags, no anything), and am having a pretty good time with how smooth the gameplay is, AND
* I occasionally dick around on my 80 Death Knight for the giggles of just blowing through stuff like it was butter. AND
* I am willing to drop the SC on an 85 character.
* My current MMO setup uses bars that are 4x3, to match the Belkin/Razer Nostromo I use with my left hand.

My questions would be:
* What sort of character (or duo of characters if I get the GF to give it a whack with me) provides the smoothest, most accessible experience?
* Can I set up the UI to sort of match my current set up (2x 4x3 bars just below my character, and two more 4x3 bars that appear only on mouseover below those. Pretty much everything else is hidden)
* Which zones are Must See?
* Do the characters ever stop being so horribly uncanny valley with their looks, textures, and animations, or does EQ2 just have some inbuilt limitation around animation, texture, and art direction that means that the latest greatest content still looks janky, awkward and stiff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread