Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

boho posted:

If this is your first time playing EQ2, don't. You will be utterly overwhelmed and burn out within a day.

Yeah, you can always play the characters the normal way for a bit and then boost them up to 85 later if you want. You don't need to make the decision when you first make the character.

If you want to group a lot with other people then your best bet is to get to 95 as soon as possible, because most EQ2 players now are vets who are either playing their level 95 characters or power levelling alts to 95 as quickly as possible (I imagine WoW is no different but I don't play so who knows). However, if you convince your girlfriend to play with you then I guess you might not be quite so worried about that.

I'm not big in to the lore and I certainly couldn't explain the history of any of the deities, but I am looking forward to seeing some of the zones and races in the new game. EQ Next is a reimagining rather than a sequel or remake so they can pick and choose what they like from the existing games, but you know they're going to have Nektulos Forest there in some form, for example, or it just wouldn't be Everquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread