Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Channeler sounds relatively unique, though it seems like a kitchen sink class of underutilized EQ2 ideas. They also seem to have stolen WoW's LFR loot system, which was probably wise. The idea of Frostfell not looking like smed's 9 year old daughter made it upsets me greatly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
So after reading things they appear to be charging $40 for a Siren's Grotto level content patch lumped with a new class and a few AA?

I have a stupid amount of SC but $40 seems a bit expensive for only a couple nostalgia zones (Highkeep, Temple of Veeshan).

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Not anymore, no.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Sarah posted:

There's more than two heroic zones. There are 9. 8 of them have a solo you can do as well.

Yeah but only one overland zone, right? I liked the overlands more than the solo instances in CoE. And probably a foolish question, but did they ever fix the LFG tool?

Sarah posted:

Oh, and you can buy rainbow bridges in frostfell now. Guild hall is going to have rainbow bridges everywhere.

Wow, I'll be on to get some of those at least.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is there $40 of content in this, ignoring the new class?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I've been trying for two nights now to buy a ToV key in chat (via SC gifts and/or Kronos). No luck yet. I imagine ToV will have to drop in price before people consider selling keys.

Kenny Rogers posted:

So...
* I am interested in learning about the world and the lore prior to the launch of EQ:N (even though they're going to change a fair amount of it somehow, from what I hear)
Lemme stop you there. EQ lore is basically the original release through Planes of Power. Most of Next will draw from that. EQ after Planes of Power was a complete mess of retconning, and EQ2 has always felt like a fanfic. The only important thing to take from EQ2 is that the god of healing before Rodcet Nife was Anashti Sul (who I hear will be mentioned in EQ Next?). That's it.

quote:

* I am willing to drop the SC on an 85 character.
If this is your first time playing EQ2, don't. You will be utterly overwhelmed and burn out within a day.

quote:

My questions would be:
* What sort of character (or duo of characters if I get the GF to give it a whack with me) provides the smoothest, most accessible experience?
* Can I set up the UI to sort of match my current set up (2x 4x3 bars just below my character, and two more 4x3 bars that appear only on mouseover below those. Pretty much everything else is hidden)
* Which zones are Must See?
* Do the characters ever stop being so horribly uncanny valley with their looks, textures, and animations, or does EQ2 just have some inbuilt limitation around animation, texture, and art direction that means that the latest greatest content still looks janky, awkward and stiff?

* Shadow Knight. If your girlfriend wants to play, let her pick whatever she likes because Shadow Knights are unstoppable engines of solo destruction for 95% of the content you'll see.
* Yeah, this should be possible. But note EQ2 has WAY more buttons than any other MMO out there. I think at least 3 always-visible bars is mandatory past 50 or so.
* All of Kingdom of Sky and Kunark, some Faydark. Use the 'Golden Path' breadcrumb quests as a general guide.
* No, but turning on the anime models helps.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Double experience this weekend...

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
If you're solo, just pop XP potions and do quests. You won't get to 95 in four hours unless you bought an 85 or there's a new exploit out.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Shader 3.0. It was such a train wreck that they ultimately removed even the experimental setting from the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Sarah come play Wildstar. Bring Obi. Leave Spadonna.

• Locked thread