Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

LordPants posted:

I actually watched some, and then was so intregued I downloaded some NHRA and IHRA games and they were worse than hitler teribad. I was hoping it would be like Sprint Cars / Dirt Track Racing in general where it is a niche audience but with really great games. (RIP Ratbag :smith:)

Bethesda made a pretty fun sportsman-class drag racing game for the PC in the late '90s, but most drag racing games are gutter trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Everyone bail?

I'm on right now.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

There is some IMSA, CART, and NHRA queued up for tonight. :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fauxhawk Express posted:

There is some IMSA, CART, and NHRA queued up for tonight. :getin:

When are you coming in? Fuzzy and I are there now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Retro (1996) ARCAdega going down shortly if anybody else wants in.

...though we might make it the Busch race at Rockingham in 1983 that's in the playlist, because it's Justified night.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Come watch old school Busch racing at the Rock and let's discuss the best looking Skoal cars ever all of them

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Come watch old school Busch racing at the Rock and let's discuss the best looking Skoal cars ever all of them

Thank me later. :toot:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The '96, '99, and 2000 ARCA races at Talladega will not upload to the playlist because they're not embeddable. :ohdear:

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

I found the 1992 ASA Jennerstown 400 last night and was considering watching that around 7pm tonight, anyone else want to get in on that action?

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

Tyler posted:

I found the 1992 ASA Jennerstown 400 last night and was considering watching that around 7pm tonight, anyone else want to get in on that action?

I'm in here watching it now, Johnny Benson, Jr. and Mike Eddy for the championship!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

For those not watching the Chili Bowl because you don't get MavTV, let's fire up Winter Heat for a re-air of the ASA race that's in there.

Then, :siren: ARCATONA '93 :siren:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

For those not watching the Chili Bowl because you don't get MavTV, let's fire up Winter Heat for a re-air of the ASA race that's in there.

Then, :siren: ARCATONA '93 :siren:

:ssh: IRC has the Chili Bowl.

don't tell anyone.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

90s Pocono and 90s ARCA owns a considerable portion of the bones.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ok, I found something that might own, it's a documentary on a famous and popular NASCAR driver I won't name. I'm going to screen it tomorrow night, January 22nd @ 8pm EST. pnut, you might like this one a lot. Let's just say it's set in the early 1980's.

e- yup, just watched the opening few minutes and it's really cool

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 22, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Bump for a reminder that tonight we're watching a behind the scenes look at a NASCAR legend in his prime

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

Ok, I found something that might own, it's a documentary on a famous and popular NASCAR driver I won't name. I'm going to screen it tomorrow night, January 22nd @ 8pm EST. pnut, you might like this one a lot. Let's just say it's set in the early 1980's.

e- yup, just watched the opening few minutes and it's really cool

Is it gonna be..awesome? :v:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Peanut President posted:

Is it gonna be..awesome? :v:

Everything shown on our channel is awesome. It's the law. :colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm not telling :ssh:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

CBJSprague24 posted:

Everything shown on our channel is awesome. It's the law. :colbert:

The very first result for the driver I think it is, is a picture of Early Cuyler.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you were wrong but the driver in question does have the brain activity of a cephalopod

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mrn-classic-races/id440569219

I came here to post this.

Classic USAC Gold Crown (AKA Indycar) and NASCAR races are being posted by MRN on ITunes!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

going to attempt to run this tonight.

feel free to suggest whatever the hell you guys want in terms of racing stuff.

e: 1991 Indy 500 Highlight Film (Gee what a shock!)

and a special on Lauda and Hunt.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 29, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ok, I know I've promised this a couple times, but here it comes. ARCA Daytona, 1993, starting at 8:40pm Eastern.

e- Video died. :(

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 30, 2014

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
7:00 PM Central I'll be airing 80's Monster Truck propaganda video Blood Sweat & Gears. It's 80's as gently caress, and highlights include WWF's Sgt. Slaughter taking on Bigfoot in a tug of war, a man in a white tux crashing a motorcycle, endless music montages & more. I haven't seen this in full since I was a kid, should be fun. A teaser screencap:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Outlaw Mailman posted:

7:00 PM Central I'll be airing 80's Monster Truck propaganda video Blood Sweat & Gears. It's 80's as gently caress, and highlights include WWF's Sgt. Slaughter taking on Bigfoot in a tug of war, a man in a white tux crashing a motorcycle, endless music montages & more. I haven't seen this in full since I was a kid, should be fun. A teaser screencap:

This looks amazing and we'll have to re-air it since I missed it and it sounds amazing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jackets don't start until 10. Plus, this Capstone needs some work to finish it off.

I'll hang out in the channel in case anybody wants to watch stuff for a bit. Here's the link so you don't have to go back to Page 1: http://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Some guy posted "Super Speedway" up on a video hosting website.

It's not illegal, but I don't want to link it (Due to fear of it getting taken down). But it's on a legitimate one.

Anyways, it's on the playlist now. I have no idea if now would be a good time to watch it due to it being DAYYYYYYTONNNNNNA-time, but this is something we should watch soon.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

FuzzySkinner posted:

Some guy posted "Super Speedway" up on a video hosting website.

It's not illegal, but I don't want to link it (Due to fear of it getting taken down). But it's on a legitimate one.

Anyways, it's on the playlist now. I have no idea if now would be a good time to watch it due to it being DAYYYYYYTONNNNNNA-time, but this is something we should watch soon.

Funny enough I bought that for my father on xmas. I know it's a pretty good watch of just things with Mario and Michael Andretti and Newman-Haas shaking a car down at Homestead in '96.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

Funny enough I bought that for my father on xmas. I know it's a pretty good watch of just things with Mario and Michael Andretti and Newman-Haas shaking a car down at Homestead in '96.

There's three other movies I want to hit up sometime.

Le Mans
The Last American Hero
Grand Prix

Some of the cinematography in those is flat out incredible. Plus you got Steve McQueen, Jeff Bridges and James Garner in each of them.

I know the first two are on youtube. The last? drat impossible to find unless it's airing on AMC or you have the DVD.

Also, we still need to do Six Pack!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
We need to do Two-Lane Blacktop, too. Great footage of 60's drag racing all over that movie.

iRacing kinda killed my Winter Heat drive, but I think maybe tomorrow night we oughta give it its off season send off. We can still use it during the season, I'm thinking.

Oh and podcast guys? I dunno if y'all are ever gonna get together again, but if you do hit me up, I have a mic now, We should Rifftrax a race or two maybe.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 8, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm binging on the 2010 Canadian Tire Series season, and it's been quite good so far.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm going to bump this in case anybody wants to play Make Your Own Rain Delay Theater during the seemingly interminable delay of the 500. I might be in in a bit.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

On September 3rd, 1995, a NASCAR Winston Cup race and a PPG IndyCar World Series race were held on the same day.

On the same network.(ESPN2)

For some reason this makes me want to watch them back to back.

The races were the "Southern 500" and the "Vancouver Indy" respectively.

Anyone else game to watch those?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm watching some old ASA at the moment if anyone wants in, from Lanier!

http://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

In watching the '93 New Hampshire race with CART.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bumped because we're going to need stuff to watch in the lulls around/between Trucks, Le Mans, and Cup. Post your ideas.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Coke Zero 400 Rain Delay Theater starting shortly.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Post-Race fun, watch children with toy cars smash into each other repeatedly!

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Post-Race fun, watch children with toy cars smash into each other repeatedly!

When I was a kid I used this for more racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgH5awbbzLQ

I still have this and used this for a college video art project a year ago. Ahh the memories came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We're watching stuff while they fix the Armco Michael McDowell knocked down. Come on in.

• Locked thread