Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the apology was sincere and poo poo if it was me I'd just have posted 'yea maybe you should stop sending the one thing besides vipers we literally tell you not to send in near every video if you don't want us to say it sucks to get that thing', so pretty much any apology is, to me, above and beyond what's due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I thought the part they left unedited was just a joke poking fun at Liam being a lovely cameraman. :shobon:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

They didn't sound like they were being assholes about it. Just fatigued at getting another weapon in the mail.

Their apology about it sounds pretty sincere, at least.

That's actually really understandable if it's creating legal trouble for them. Every time they get a weapon it must be like opening a chore, and they were still super nice about it and cleared that up really honestly. Canadian to the core, I guess.

No laws about dragon dildos up there though.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I was surprised to find out that this was actually a controversy. Is this really so bad that it nearly warrants a -gate suffix?

'Swordgate' sounds sweet, though.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4MKRHz6y80
Properly edited version. Now you can all act like this never happened, at least until you accidentally look at the comments.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0dPe4vPdHs

:stare: I think they'll need to rent a warehouse to store all the stuff they get from fans.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0dPe4vPdHs

:stare: I think they'll need to rent a warehouse to store all the stuff they get from fans.

I hate to say this, but there is such a thing as too much love, every other mailbag vid, including giantbombs, would only occasionally get big packs of chips and some games and maybe a console at it's craziest, even game grumps at their most insane would recieve games and a few plushies here and there.

But TBFP have gotten an accumulated tens of thousands of dollars worth of real weapons (enough to arm an actual zaibatsu army), anime collections worth thousands, enough figures to fill a toys R us, and on top of that enough candy to make china's entire army lose their teeth, and there's no sign of it stopping and the gifts keep getting crazier and crazier, and these guys dont live in mansions so that they can keep piling this stuff, in fact it's gotten to the point that half of their video output is now mailbags.

it's amazing how deeply their audience loves them, and I love me a mailbag feature every month or so, but really if they shut down their mailbag tomorrow they'll be completely in the right until they move into an office or something that can sustain all that craziness, it's too much.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

It's even a bit of a double-edged sword, too. If they don't tell them to stop, then they will likely run out of room to even walk in their homes. But if they tell them to just stop, then they risk their fans thinking they don't like it at all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So everyone's favorite mail related youtube channel did something weird today and uploaded a video game thing. I had no idea Deception 4 was out, I gotta get me that after I get paid.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So everyone's favorite mail related youtube channel did something weird today and uploaded a video game thing. I had no idea Deception 4 was out, I gotta get me that after I get paid.

I had no idea Trapt was a franchise. In fact, I forgot Trapt existed.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

I had no idea Trapt was a franchise. In fact, I forgot Trapt existed.

It's one of the best series. If you like Home Alone and murder you should buy it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I only know about the Trapt series because Game Informer did a Super Replay on it (those guys are basically paid TBF hype guys, especially Dan Rykert. He makes the TBF guys sane).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'll shill for Trapt super hard. If you liked the "I'm gonna Set a Trap...for Kane" bit in Rustlemania and wish that you could set a trap that involves a boulder squishing him as he gets thrown into a bed of nails, you should get a Trapt game.

I'm not even joking one boss in one game is a big red fire dude who is named something like Kane.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U42ur2dEVsQ

They get ~my package~ at 28:32 but you should watch the whole thing. I mentioned in the email I sent them that it's made by https://ginsengandhoney.tumblr.com but they forgot to mention it.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 2, 2014

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Silentman0 posted:

They get ~my package~ at 28:32 but you should watch the whole thing. I mentioned in the email I sent them that it's made by https://ginsengandhoney.tumblr.com but they forgot to mention it.

Excellent find. Now there's a body pillow for the non-Liam demographic of the best friends!

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 2, 2014

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F094ZV7O50

Might be one of the most surreal things they have uploaded...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So I tried to listen to the podcast because the op sold it as "funnier than the bombcast" and they immediately did the two things I cannot loving stand in any podcast, which is talking over each other and yelling into the microphone without warning. do they ever stop doing that or does it continue to sound like four unmedicated ADHD sufferers discovering audio technology for the first time

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

drat the guys are so full of themselves when they talk about "character action" games, stating that the tight controls are the most important thing in them and then rolling out God Hand as one of the best examples of the subgenre. Sure, it is a great game, but it has submarine simulator controls.

And you can't claim that being hardcore and complex is a must when everyone's beloved Revengeance is an absolute button masher, save for dodge and parry mechanics (which are needed only on half of the bosses and those gorilla cyborgs). (Bayonetta and DMC3 whoop your scrub rear end good around their halftime, I'd give them that)

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Occupation posted:

So I tried to listen to the podcast because the op sold it as "funnier than the bombcast" and they immediately did the two things I cannot loving stand in any podcast, which is talking over each other and yelling into the microphone without warning. do they ever stop doing that or does it continue to sound like four unmedicated ADHD sufferers discovering audio technology for the first time

No, it's better.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Occupation posted:

I had a similar reaction the first time I tried listening. It wasn't until i was several podcasts in before things clicked and certain mannerisms stopped bothering me.

I wouldn't go in trying to compare it directly to the Bombcast. They are two wildly different beasts. The reason I like the Best Friendscast is because it's such a contrast to other video game podcasts.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Good job nerds you go the mailbag shut down

quote:

Hey everyone, so time to announce that we’re ending the mailbag. It’s exactly what you’re guessing – we simply don’t have the room to handle it. We’ll say it till we’re blue in the face, you guys are the best fans, and you’ve given us honestly the best and most humbling kind of problem, too much love. With that said, we’re announcing this now, knowing full well that some of you guys might have literally just sent something out, and we really don’t want you to feel bad about that. We’re going to do one more session after this announcement, to be fair to those folks.

As for what it was that set this off, no need for guessing, it’s straight up that this week probably has been the most stuff, in the heaviest packages with the most expensive shipping on them that we’ve seen. We know it takes some time from when we put the word out until when we see it happen, so we’re putting word out from now, in hopes of curbing things down early.

That being said, as we’ve mentioned in the most recent episodes of Friendcast Mailbag, we’re more than happy to read your letters, and even though we can’t write back you guys, your kind words really cheer us up. So we’ll continue to take mail envelopes, but we’re going to stop with the boxes and large parcels. This also means we’re going to stop recording us opening them as well (after the previously mentioned final session). We won’t leave you hanging for content though, we’ve got some cool new stuff for you guys coming.

Thanks for the overwhelming positive response to this whole thing. As a project, it was basically _too_ successful. You guys are the ones who asked us to start this up, and you guys are the ones responsible for some of hilariously hype moments. We just filmed it as the only semblance of a personal thank you we could offer. Here’s to you, you crazy shitlords!

- The Zaibatsu

I never got to send them WWE: Know Your Role :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That's what happens when you cross the wrestling, anime, games, comic book community, fighting game community.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
For rassle fans, Matt & Pat do a cameo on the new OSW Review about 45 minutes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDAmewecRXA

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

drat it, I've had a package I wanted to send but the cross-border postage was too expensive for my broke student rear end :smith:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 5, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

drat it, I've had a package I wanted to send but the cross-border postage was too expensive for my broke student rear end :smith:
Take a good step back and look at what you just posted.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quakster posted:

It wasn't anything crazy, just two books for Woolie and Pat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

quakster posted:

It's actually real easy to get hosed by international shipping these days. I send a book to one of my friends in Germany and the postage cost me an arm and a leg, it's entirely possible to get screwed over by shipping costs even without sending a box of swords in TimTams the size and weight of a human body.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Since this latest podcast was dated April 1st, did they put in the segment talking about this article as a joke, or did they not realize that p4rgaming is The Onion of videogames?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A good poster posted:

Since this latest podcast was dated April 1st, did they put in the segment talking about this article as a joke, or did they not realize that p4rgaming is The Onion of videogames?

They have known and have been in love with p4rgaming for awhile so yes that's a joke.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Official, video-type announcement. Turns out it's actually kind of a hassle to make these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiAUv2wU2UQ

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Where exactly did the Face Off jokes start at?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

Where exactly did the Face Off jokes start at?

Cabela's African Adventures is the first one I can remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNm93-Pgrw&t=600s

Spekhogger
Nov 13, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

That was pretty much my favorite part of that particular episode, great find indeed

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Mailbag complete.
What a note to end on.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
That isn't actually the end of the mailbag. They mentioned at least three more videos in the podcast.

Which is a shame, because that would have been the perfect note to end it on.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

AXE COP posted:

three more videos

:eyepop:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
And now, we've got a new segment!
I'm pretty hype for friday night fightgames. Looking forward to more of it.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 12, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So far a good episode. I really enjoy when they go all nerd out on fighting games.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

AXE COP posted:

That isn't actually the end of the mailbag. They mentioned at least three more videos in the podcast.

Which is a shame, because that would have been the perfect note to end it on.

Just got around to catching up on the Mailbag, and all I can say is I completely and utterly agree. I'm honestly surprised they didn't use time-warping editing to move it to the end anyway, just because that is the ULTIMATE send off to just how out of control the mailbag got. Zaibatsu just keeps it too real I guess. Also that's a $200 gag gift; in a way, that's more ridiculously baller than throwing down $500 on something they'll actually like and use. I know some people have dosh for days, but apparently the "hard times" they got Tyler through was the time his Ferrari was in the shop so he had to take his Audi on vacation instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I'm so excited about Friday Night Fisticuffs