Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've only played Yakuza 3 and ended up setting it aside due to being busy. Does Yakuza 4 still have those weird photo op things where you get new moves which are invariably totally loving insane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

I've only played Yakuza 3 and ended up setting it aside due to being busy. Does Yakuza 4 still have those weird photo op things where you get new moves which are invariably totally loving insane?

Yes and they're even more insane.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
SKULLGIRLS CREW AINT NUTHIN TO gently caress WIT'

Also we learn something amazing about Matt's Cap.

The yakuza 4 playthrough is coming along nicely, what I'm seeing from the game looks pretty amazing and very much something I'd like to play.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

SKULLGIRLS CREW AINT NUTHIN TO gently caress WIT'

Also we learn something amazing about Matt's Cap.

The yakuza 4 playthrough is coming along nicely, what I'm seeing from the game looks pretty amazing and very much something I'd like to play.

The Yakuza games are no joke one of my favorite series out there. Everything's over the top and great, and 4's especially good. Plus it has Super Chunk in it and you can do karaoke with her.

Don't buy Dead Souls though, gently caress that game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Ab2xw7hVE

Uh, tis the season I guess!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Speaking of, what a great christmas podcast. I love how they couldn't at all keep the holiday cheer together by the end.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Speaking of, what a great christmas podcast. I love how they couldn't at all keep the holiday cheer together by the end.

Even in Christmas, There's no such thing as 'cheer' when video games are involved.

Case in point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

Even in Christmas, There's no such thing as 'cheer' when video games are involved.

Case in point.

I legit lost my poo poo when Woolie only just realized that his best Christmas memory stemmed from his mother's divorce/major move. Hearing it dawn on him was hilarious.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Woolie with no (visible) dreadlocks is freaking me out something fierce.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020
The hoverhands and Zach kill me every time I see that picture.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
The friendcast is pretty much the only podcast I actually bother with getting as soon as it comes out. It's pretty great.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

I really like this podcast for the most part, but I really hate Liam.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gorefiend posted:

Why?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Gorefiend posted:

I totally and utterly disagree, liam adds alot to the conversation and is an awesome complement to the guys, he has this moe kawaii tendencies and wide eyed naivete while the others are black holes of cynicism who hate everything liam likes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Liam being adorably optimistic to the point of dumbassery is hilarious because it always starts off fair like 'hey you know give the game a shot we don't know how it'll shape up' and ends in poo poo like 'well maybe they'll totally remake the game at the last minute because some people on youtube say it's lame???'.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

He's pretty different from the other guys (which is both a good thing and a bad thing), but I remember a few episodes where he defended some lovely business practices for reasons I couldn't really understand and it was pretty obnoxious. Otherwise he's an alright guy I guess.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

I can't quite put my finger on it, but he just irritates the poo poo out of me whenever he speaks for any length of time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie's deep seated rage against Gundamn Seed Destiny is truly great and terrible to behold.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Woolie needs to dedicate time to talking about exactly how horrible Seed and Seed Destiny are, because he's 100% right and it's wonderful.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

So, have I missed something or there hasn't been a Retsutalk with Woolie yet? I was really looking forward to it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WYZVmdw9gw

This is some lovingly rendered nonsense.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You know why I love the Super Best Friends? They had a conversation on the 'censorship' in bravely default and even though two of them were saying they disagreed with it I didn't think any of them were assholes.

Like, Woolie an Liam both thought the changes weren't great and instead of just going "FREE SPEECH MEANS I GET FIFTEEN YEAR OLD TITTIES" they told actual stories about their experiences with art changing and made it clear that their main issue was the core concept rather than this specific case, and when Pat said he thought the changes actually improved the art and all they didn't act like dicks. It was, ya know, a conversation and was decent.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Indigo Prophecy is loving retarded, holy poo poo they make me actually watch what happens in the game unlike most LPers.

Also their Watch MK9 is incredible because they know their poo poo.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You know why I love the Super Best Friends? They had a conversation on the 'censorship' in bravely default and even though two of them were saying they disagreed with it I didn't think any of them were assholes.

Like, Woolie an Liam both thought the changes weren't great and instead of just going "FREE SPEECH MEANS I GET FIFTEEN YEAR OLD TITTIES" they told actual stories about their experiences with art changing and made it clear that their main issue was the core concept rather than this specific case, and when Pat said he thought the changes actually improved the art and all they didn't act like dicks. It was, ya know, a conversation and was decent.

Yeah, just the fact that everyone is listening to everyone else is excellent in a way few arguments/debates are.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh61MHZj_u8

THE HYPEST MAILBAG ON YOUTUBE

They get some pretty amazing poo poo in the mail!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh61MHZj_u8

THE HYPEST MAILBAG ON YOUTUBE

They get some pretty amazing poo poo in the mail!

Liam gently trying to overcome the sparkles was so great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Once, I thought watching people open boxes on the internet was stupid.

I curse Giant Bomb for changing my mind on this.

That Joseph figure :allears:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

is it even legal to mail A huge rusty axe and butane through straight mail?!

Also, the Retsutalk with woolie is online

http://retsupurae.libsyn.com/48-two-new-friends-chat

What's nice is that it seems to be woolie who's almost the guy doing the interview and not slowbeef.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It's weird hearing Woolie with Slowbeef, considering SBF were retsupurae'd by Chip Cheezum & Ironicus not too long ago.

Edit: Oh they discuss it in the interview. Weird.

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 17, 2014

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
The Slowbeef and Woolie podcast was great.

I really hope the person who sent the glitter did it with good intentions rather than actually trying to glitterbomb Matt since that's a common way to harass someone via mail.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope it was on purpose because glitter bombing is hilarious and doing it to some dude who isn't even anti-gay makes it even funnier.

THERE'S A ROGUE GLITTER BOMBER ON THE LOOSE!

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Mailing glitter to people you hate has existed before the more famous practice of doing it to homophobes. If you mail somebody actual glitter it's almost impossible to remove from your carpet, furniture or even from your skin, it's horrible.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I found the HYPEST thread in SA!

I recently discovered them months ago watching the Scrublords series of videos and the Super Best Friends Brawl videos which I thought were hilarious. Rustlemania was pretty good too. I'm now halfway through Episode 22 of the SBFC and check out their new videos every other day at work. They seem like a bunch of chill guys and I love their passion about all sorts of nerdy poo poo.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

I found the HYPEST thread in SA!

I recently discovered them months ago watching the Scrublords series of videos and the Super Best Friends Brawl videos which I thought were hilarious. Rustlemania was pretty good too. I'm now halfway through Episode 22 of the SBFC and check out their new videos every other day at work. They seem like a bunch of chill guys and I love their passion about all sorts of nerdy poo poo.

You need to watch The Sadness Trilogy, it's probably their seminal work up to his point.

I also love Fighterpedia, but that's how I first found them, and it is really uneven. Still, the loving Weaponlord video defines hypest poo poo.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

hoobajoo posted:

You need to watch The Sadness Trilogy, it's probably their seminal work up to his point.

I also love Fighterpedia, but that's how I first found them, and it is really uneven. Still, the loving Weaponlord video defines hypest poo poo.

I never played any of the games in the Sadness Trilogy and avoided those videos due to spoilers, but I'll go ahead and watch them since god only knows when I'll have the time and patience to play them myself.

Fighterpedia was good, too. The best thing I took away from watching their MAGFest panel is that they have future plans for Scrublords. Can't wait.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

I never played any of the games in the Sadness Trilogy and avoided those videos due to spoilers, but I'll go ahead and watch them since god only knows when I'll have the time and patience to play them myself.

You have lost nothing; there's so little gameplay, even playing it you're just sitting there watching it. TBF just push triangle for you.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Charles Martel posted:

Fighterpedia was good, too. The best thing I took away from watching their MAGFest panel is that they have future plans for Scrublords. Can't wait.

These three series of LPs (IP, HR, BTS) are probably my favourite. It just feels so satisfying to listen to them deconstruct whole games and lose their minds over ridiculous :wtc: moments.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I wonder if someone thought or buying one of the guys a forums account.

...or would they already have one?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJyCppPNEeM

This is the video Pat was talking about in the newest Day of Crisis video. Oh yeah, that looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGsUhZoDSHg

"Death smiles at us all. Lolis smile back."

Also, ALL DEM KIT KATS!