Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
It does not hurt me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ghost rider 2 is sweet as hell

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

pulp rag posted:

But that's what I'm saying. I'm super cool with their content output right now, but since people (me included) wanna give them more money for even more content, it's at the point where they're gonna have to hire people on to do the back-end stuff to do that. Because right now, like I said, the Zaibatsu is at content-maximum.

It's why I said if the Zaibatsu is cool with their position and amount of output, I'm not gonna judge. It's Matt's, Pat's, Woolie's, and Liam's decision if they're happy with the income they're getting and content they're putting out. But the reality for people like me who would love to do a subscription or premium membership for more content is that it's probably not gonna happen for a long while unless people get hired on to either work in the background or become part of the main Zaibatsu.

I just think people misunderstood what I was saying. To sum it up is: if we want to see an increase in the amount of TBF content in almost any fashion, people will probably have to be hired on to do stuff.

never post again

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
golly..... these videos are great, but i wish it cost money to watch them.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Scalebound

Just off the top of my head.

But I suppose that goes same for me in regards to the PS4. There's absolutely zero exclusive titles on there that I care about, and thus, don't have one.

WHat about metal gear

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
flux is poison

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grouchio posted:

HOLY gently caress

Anyways pleased to meet you Matt! Tell me, how was ACUnity? Are you psyched for the next season of Jojo this winter? Do you do movie riffs sometimes?

u suck

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im with liam. a battlefield game with a good single player is like.......woah

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

Uh, anyone that played RE1 and RE2?

Come on, man.

that guys really tough, nothing scares him

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
did someone say bitcoin? time to write several paragraphs about how gaytarded bitcoins are. im so smart

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Now that I've seen the GG Xrd video, I'd like to ask you Matt (plus you guys!): can you see that kind of 3D anime-tion taking over from 2D for televised anime? Between Guilty Gear and the Naruto games it's so god drat pretty, relatively easy to make, similar enough to the existing 2D and would do wonders for a series like One Piece, where the animation is absolute hot garbage of the worst kind. All the hideous animation flubs Toei make at every turn would be eliminated and it opens up anime to a world of directorial choices that would otherwise be massively time consuming and expensive to make (and a whole lot smoother too). Western animation has embraced stylised 3D (the current TMNT is a great example), but I think the Japanese would take that ball and just loving run with it.

Hell, could I put that forward as a quesion for the podcast? I'd be really interested to know how the rest of the Zaibatsu feel about it.

the recent berserk movies are done like this

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
any future dark souls adventures have to be three or more people.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

Would Scholar of the First Sin be a good place to start for someone who's never played a Souls game before or should I wait for Bloodbourne? I have to admit Bloodbourne is the first PS4 game since Resogun that's caught my eye and would finally make me get the system, especially if this dope rear end looking console ever came to the states (I want a white system, but not with Destiny since Destiny is terrible).

start with dark souls

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

Sonic All-Stars Racing is lazy, charmless, and not all that fun. I don't understand any people who think it's superior to any Mario Kart.

old school sonic fans with a mario hate-on and nothing else to latch onto no doubt

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goldblums eyes posted:

I had a dream where Woolie moved into my reallife apartment. We became best friends and lived together for weeks. I asked him one night if he smoked weed, and he came into my room with a bunch of pipes. We got really stoned then he lingered off into the living room. He was sitting on the living room couch and I was too high to be alive so I laid on the floor. He jumped on me and started to make out. I went with it but was kind've terrified, so I pushed him off and asked "wait, what? why did you do that?" He started bawling his eyes out then told me he had to move out.

He was a good kisser.

ayy lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thats trill

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tae posted:

It's basically compared to Ground Zero with a shorter story. Like, apparently that moment in games when characters get motivations and personality and goals that signify the halfway point? That's the end of the game.

its a longer story than gz with less gameplay

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow that's a kinda lovely attitude comment of his, but I guess a voice actor might not know that A: they get a shitload of comments and his was probably drowned out and B: they probably skim comments once and then never go back to them

If he really wanted to get in touch I don't know why he didn't contact them directly.

guy cihi is a dumbass

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
pats a dumbass

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
woolie: "maybe this?"
pat: "definitely that."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Why? You die and go to the Hunter's Dream and then you choose which lantern you respawn at to even get back into the game.

no you dont, pat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean for the record, I still really loving like Dark Souls 2 and SOTFS. But goddamn, parts of it can gently caress right of the edge of my dick.

thanks for telling us that u like it but sometimes dont. good post

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

Yeah, other than the werewolves on the Yharnam bridge at the beginning of the game and the undead ones in Yahar'gul, they're the worst non-boss enemies in the game. Thank goodness for the reach I had with my axe which I used for 95% of the game.

I finished the game a few days ago (the bosses in Mensis were complete pussies after fighting Ebritas like 40 times) and apparently got the "good" ending (spoiler-ed just in case): Allowing Gehrnam to kill me so I could wake back up in the real world, which doesn't make much sense since you get thrown right back into the beginning of the game immediately after the credits what is this Ghosts 'N Goblins poo poo.. All in all, it was a great experience, even though I played offline (not buying PSN for one game when I have a backlog on the Xbox One and Wii U) and never did any of the chalice dungeons. What is the benefit of those dungeons for someone that's already went through the main story?

Either way, I now want to play through the other Souls games eventually.

thats actually the bad end

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rodyle posted:

No the bad end is the other non-secret one.

its the bad end because u miss two bosses

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

No it isn't. Stop deciding the different endings are "good" or "true". They're just different consequences and it's up to you whether that outcome is bad. Personally the ending where you "wake up" still involves you ending the nightmare of Mensis. That still happened. Yeah the Moon thing is still up there twirling his evil 5th dimensional mustache but taking him on involves either becoming trapped or becoming a squid baby. As cycles go it's not that bad when compared to the horrific poo poo that was the undead curse in Dark souls.

Oh for gently caress sake.

did u think the first ending in aria of sorrow was good because soma never became dracula

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rodyle posted:

"good end" is not a quality label

historically bad ends are ones that end the game prior to the final boss.....i dare u to find an example of a game where this is not the case

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Liam is right about the Dune movie but then he immediately pisses away that good will with me for telling a guy to kill himself over a loving mobile game. gently caress off.

kill yourself

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its just nosh. theres no g.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

pandaK posted:

No, he's right. They should just go and beat their heads into the boss forty times Game Grumps style. That would be a lot more fun overall.

game grumps are better at bloodborne

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm sorry if I seems I'm lashing out. I've been away from here for a while now (been so busy with alot of things) and the first thing I see when I come back is a fair amount of you making GBS threads on me. I try to do my very best in every LP, and be positive, and be a source of energy. But when people bring up the nuzlocke, there was ALOT of stuff going behind the scenes that are kinda sensitive issues for me. If I could do it all over again, and better, I would, BELIEVE ME.

u guys should play dawn of sorrow

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goldblums eyes posted:

What about him having a guild is "insufferable"

he is "insufferable"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Depths posted:

i'm 22 and i dont like weird anime games

im sure you do.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

liam complaining about militant internet hate when he told a random person on GAF fo kill himself like two months ago over saying a true thing about cellphone games

again, zero self-awareness

one post?? two months ago????

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ah yes this 26 year old who was most definitely going through puberty in the early aughts went through no physical changes since then. or perhaps your sense of time is terrible and you actually saw some of her dumb movies a few years back

she looks pretty much the same she did in remember the titans

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
worry about it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HGH posted:

Y'know, just cause Sutherland is an actor and RAD is a voice actor doesn't mean the latter should be treated second rate. I sure as hell enjoyed Downes' performance in the game more so far that's for sure.
I know that's the nature of the industry but celebrity actors doing voicework rubs me the wrong way. Especially after Dinklage (although that was mostly on the script).

sutherland is perfect casting and sounds great, the script gives snake few lines on purpose, there's no such thing as an actor who gets paid by the line, a voice actor will be the first to tell you that acting is acting no matter the stage.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
maybe it was a character choice

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tae posted:

I mean, that's all on Kojima and a perfect example of why studios hire familiar VA's over new people. Especially when Kiefer probably has actual acting jobs, despite people thinking he doesn't do much because his IMDB doesn't have much since 24. Those projects can be either in production or cancelled, the latter happens at a super high percentage.

considering he did facial capture for every cutscene if they wanted to give him more lines they very easily could have for no extra charge

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
what kind of video game player doesnt immediately explore every option under "customize"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i know music so i did it first try......guess im just a superior gamer.