Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I've been a huge fan of The Best Friends since the beginning and I love podcasts and I love The Super Best Friendcast.

It's way more organized and coherent than I expected and I get the added homesick thrill of occasionally hearing Montreal/Quebec stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love these guys. Their playthrough of Beyond Two Souls has kept me from Gameflying it out of curiosity because there's no way me playing it can be as fun as hearing them yell about a baby coming out of a hobo lady all Attack on Titan style.
Two Souls is one of those games where watching an LP is effectively the same as pirating the game.

"I'll be your STAND"
"Stop trying to make this cool"

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

My favorite thing about The Best Friends is they LP a lot of games that I want to see LP'd and I know they won't be annoying or have an unwatchable LP like 98% of the ones on youtube.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

nightfries posted:

This is my first time listening to them. Thanks for the OP. I like it so far except someone keeps saying MARE-E-O instead of Mario.
They're Canadian give us a break :quebec:

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

The Slowbeef and Woolie podcast was great.

I really hope the person who sent the glitter did it with good intentions rather than actually trying to glitterbomb Matt since that's a common way to harass someone via mail.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Mailing glitter to people you hate has existed before the more famous practice of doing it to homophobes. If you mail somebody actual glitter it's almost impossible to remove from your carpet, furniture or even from your skin, it's horrible.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I'm so excited about Friday Night Fisticuffs

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Berserk is on the short list of anime & manga that it's socially acceptable for literally anyone of any age (apart from babbys I guess) to enjoy.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

A Meat posted:

Pat needs to make an account so he has people to talk about the F Plus with.

Maybe also so he can get banned for raging about games in the games subforum.

Pat talks to people on LL so it kinda evens out.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions or comments about how bad/dumb I am, feel free!

Have you seen this and what is your reaction? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Xf2igqtII

I've played the demo and it's really good to my surprise. You should give this guy some attention and collusion.

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 28, 2014

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo that intro!

I'm dickswole.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Matt play Metal Wolf Chaos full playthrough. Do it though.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Matt you and Pat directly motivated me to finally start reading Berserk which I had been kicking around as an idea for years.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Undersea Magic posted:

Attention Matt:

Please play Vampire Savior and/or Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire for Friday Night Fisticuffs. Thanks in advance.

I really agree strongly with the suggestion to play Fist of Fire.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

The problem with that, is that we constantly mention certain fighting games to play on Fisticuffs, but Woolie usually shoots them down if he has not played them a whole bunch, and doesn't have immediate access to a boss.

A fighting game you're all equally inexperienced with would be a great change of pace for the next Fisticuffs.

Also this:

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

A Meat posted:

I'm pretty sure they'll play Blazblue at some point.

Liam might be there though.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

And The Ultimate Warrior.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Tae posted:

I don't think raping Santa Claus counts as "fighting crime."

Ultimate Warrior also raped Santa in that comic

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Matt I don't know how popular this idea will be so I'm just speaking for myself here.

I'd be hyped if you and the Best Friends would create a premium section of the site so for example we could get an extra podcast a week, extra videos (I actually don't have any ideas for premium content, the main thing I would want is 2 podcasts a week) for some monthly/annual fee.

Maybe you could just do this for the podcast since a lot of podcasts use this model, releasing a free show in addition to premium shows. I would definitely subscribe since I'm typically a tiny bit disappointed when the friendcast isn't at least 3 hours so I'd pay for more show in a heartbeat.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Right now the Best Friends definitely put out more videos than I can watch per week but just for me personally I have much more time to listen to a podcast than watching a video.

If it was up to me I would add just a premium layer onto the podcast but not the videos.

edit: I never miss Friday Night Fisticuffs though because that intro just gets me in the mood.

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 24, 2014

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You realize maintaining a 'premium' kinda thing is actually a bit of work right?

The benefit for the producer is a reliable recurring payment each month/year; you don't get that by selling merch.

hoobajoo posted:

Because you're telling them how to do their job. It's a nice thought, let them figure out if they want to do it.

Content creators use things like surveys to determine what their audience wants or what their market will allow. The alternative is just to tell Matt in plain english what we're willing to pay for.

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 25, 2014

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Just like you can't put toothpaste back in the tube you can't get jizz back in your balls.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

It's not fair that Persona 4 Golden is only on Vita.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I'm tempted to get FES right now because it's only :10bux: on PSN but the whole time I'm going to be thinking "I wish Yukiko was here".

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I missed the stream, did they mention if the recording would be online or when?

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Trexy posted:

Pat needs some kind of shock collar that goes off every time he says "yanno what I mean?" in the dark souls thing.

Pat and Woolie but especially Pat need to use their inside voices when they do Dark Souls together but they're the two most excitable memebers of the Zaibatsu.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

legasaurusrex posted:

I just discovered these guys recently and have been going through their videos- any recommendations for the longer series videos on some favorites to start? I actually just finished watching the Indigo Prophecy series they did because I had that game and played about 15 minutes of it, I was curious how the rest of the game was.

Do the entire Sadness Trilogy.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I've gotten to the part of Sword Art Online that's made Pat and Liam become ambivalent about their continued enjoyment. I feel the same way as they do.

Still watching it though
:goonsay:

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Can anyone explain the origin of that "Wait a minute, wait a minute" bit they keep doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhIzO7_lIiQ

The actual episode of Botchamania is completely off the internet currently but this explains it.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Cathair posted:

Dark Souls 1 was superior in every way
I like the souls series so much I paid real money to have this avatar. Dark Souls 1 is not superior to Dark Souls 2 OR Demon's Souls in every way. Each game has strengths and weaknesses which actually all compliment eachother.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Both Dark Souls games pretty much do stomp Demon's at least.
Except in the department of atmosphere, storytelling, mood, art direction and level design. The overall creative vision of Demon's Souls is superior to either Dark Souls game even if Dark Souls 1 is very close and a good successor; it still doesn't have the same immersive world.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

I just hope the Bloodborne video is a one shot machinima video because whenever Dark Souls fans take over a thread it is the living worst.

Hi hello hey

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Who here is in the "longer is better" camp when it comes to the podcast? If every podcast was 5 hours long it still wouldn't be too much for me.

I get bandwidth is probably the biggest factor here but I hope that Matt & Woolie know that they don't need to curtail the length or constantly wonder if the show is going on too long and needs to be wrapped up.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Commissar Ken posted:

They already are hittin' that 3 hour mark pretty constantly. I'm pretty sure they get awfully tired at looking at each other's faces/smells by that point
Of course, I definitely don't know if I could have a 4 hour long conversation even with my best friends but I sometimes feel like I detect a hint of (typically Woolie or Matt) trying to move the podcast along or wrap it up to its conclusion.

I could easily be wrong, I just think the podcast would be even better if everyone rambled endlessly and spun long winded anecdotes without feeling like they need to keep it concise. I'm confident my opinion will be unpopular though.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

I want my podcasts long and early, because they help keep me sane Tuesday mornings at work.

This is exactly my deal too, it graduates the early part of the week from "gently caress this earth" up to "it's aight I guess".

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I strongly suspect the story will come out some day and there will be some reason behind Konami losing their biggest asset and it'll make sense in retrospect.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

DumbparameciuM posted:

It wont make any god drat sense because Konami are huge scumbags.

I totally forgot about Konami's hellaciously bad HR track record. poo poo.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Tae posted:

Kai is just a remaster, there hasn't been anything new since GT on television.

GT ended in 97.

I thought Kai was made of brand new art based on the old storyboards, not a remastering of the old footage.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm kind of surprised they were even able to remaster the show, unless the cameras they shot the show with was HD they must've preserved the original cels, which is crazy considering the animation industry's habit of burning most of the pencilwork and cleaning out the celluloid for re-use.

Yeah I thought sure it was new art based solely on how good it looks. Dragonball Kai is still incredibly valuable for the recut alone though.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

A good poster posted:

Is the emulator just stretching out the game from 4:3 to 16:9, or is that an actual FOV patch?

As someone who likes to play some PCSX myself I really don't know and I just noticed that it looks like 16:9 but it's not stretched.

How the hell?