Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
By far my favorite thing from these guys is their play through of Double Dragon Neon, it's like watching two guys transform into excited 10 year olds, their enthusiasm is really infectious.

Hoooooooollllly poo poo, I had just listened to their podcast and within 30 seconds they had me gasping with laughter when they were coming up with derogatory terms for fans of consoles through the generations. amazing.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I don't go on /co/ much, but apparently Plague does. The results, as you can see, are terrifying.

uh, what's going on here? what's this got to do with best friends?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

This podcast has completely ruined the giant bombcast for me, because their format is similar but they inject it with so much passion, energy excitement and funny rear end dialogue, when I go back to listen to the bombast and how low key, monotone and subdued tone of the guys in it are most of the time i start falling asleep.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

SKULLGIRLS CREW AINT NUTHIN TO gently caress WIT'

Also we learn something amazing about Matt's Cap.

The yakuza 4 playthrough is coming along nicely, what I'm seeing from the game looks pretty amazing and very much something I'd like to play.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Speaking of, what a great christmas podcast. I love how they couldn't at all keep the holiday cheer together by the end.

Even in Christmas, There's no such thing as 'cheer' when video games are involved.

Case in point.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Gorefiend posted:

I really like this podcast for the most part, but I really hate Liam.

I totally and utterly disagree, liam adds alot to the conversation and is an awesome complement to the guys, he has this moe kawaii tendencies and wide eyed naivete while the others are black holes of cynicism who hate everything liam likes.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

is it even legal to mail A huge rusty axe and butane through straight mail?!

Also, the Retsutalk with woolie is online

http://retsupurae.libsyn.com/48-two-new-friends-chat

What's nice is that it seems to be woolie who's almost the guy doing the interview and not slowbeef.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

In today's video intro, Pat goes against his true personality by revealing that he actually is capable of loving his mom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTi7yu9LsuQ

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

God. I really could use a big bowl of Mac and Cheese.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy MOLY I thought Yakuza was banana's enough and that's only the first 25% of the game?! and it get's more crazy from there with a whole new character! I gotta play this game asap.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man, the sudden and complete silent terror that gripped the room when they received the package simply titled 'PAT. PODCAST 19.' made me cry in laughter.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Man I loving love these guys, their just pure passion, genuine reactions and actual good no holds barred talking points is such a huge contrast with other sites I'm finding it real hard to enjoy more 'mature and down to earth' sites like Giantbomb anymore, even supposedly zany guys like the game grumps have lost their luster because I dont feel that they're super genuinely passionate, more like they're just playing everything for the sake of it and going through the motions each time.

I mean, we have just witnessed a man shedding a single tear over getting back the lost gameboy color of his childhood. they ARE videogames.

In other news, I really enjoyed their strider week, I was not prepared however for how loving amazing OSMAN looks like especially for a 16 bit game, it's as if you took the entire team of bayonetta, gave them pastel colors and transported them back to the SNES era and told them to go hog wild. Also the new strider looks loving awesome so I'll probably get that.

also their playthrough of 'I have no mouth' was great, I'm kinda bummed they didn't do a perfect run, and they kinda got lost and made some baaad choices here and there but overall I really enjoyed their college level psycho-analysis they'd do.

and Yakuza keeps bringing home the goods. Wood chipping a block of wood instead to remember moves instead of a goddamn camera. Fantastic.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

PiedPiper posted:

Matt, Woolie and Liam tackle (slight pun intended) Pokemon Nuzlocke run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB41G9Y1TM. Mad props for editing out all the grinding.

The hype at the end made me look up and listen to this terrible song I cant stop listening to.

Pokemon: My Best Friends

Ahhhh... mid ninties shlock pop, how I have missed you.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

In the Season finale of TBF, Matt goes fuckin' BANANAS

I've never seen matt so worked up.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

you know you're in the wrong line of work when it doesn't involve being so loved by your fans they send you Vipers in the mail and TWO anime box sets worth 550 dollars each.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 8, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pat was on the retsupurae podcast, it's more a discussion of games than it is an interview, still pretty good and pat is slightly lower key.

Also, MATT/LIAM VS. WOOLIE/PAT separate timed progression Dark Souls 2 battle.

Really creative and entertaining way to make a Dark Souls 2 Video. seeing the contrast between how Woolie and Matt respond to their first experience with dark souls is really quite something.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

I was a big fan of these guys up until a little over a year ago, when I remember Matt said something (in a tweet, I think) I found rather vile about Anita Sarkeesian which left a bad taste in my mouth, so I took a hiatus from their content.

I've been hearing about this here and there for a while now yet nobody points out the exact source or video or whatever it is they specifically said. people say it was a tweet, others say it was Matt and Woolie bashing her in one of their playthroughs, but I've never found the actual thing itself.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0dPe4vPdHs

:stare: I think they'll need to rent a warehouse to store all the stuff they get from fans.

I hate to say this, but there is such a thing as too much love, every other mailbag vid, including giantbombs, would only occasionally get big packs of chips and some games and maybe a console at it's craziest, even game grumps at their most insane would recieve games and a few plushies here and there.

But TBFP have gotten an accumulated tens of thousands of dollars worth of real weapons (enough to arm an actual zaibatsu army), anime collections worth thousands, enough figures to fill a toys R us, and on top of that enough candy to make china's entire army lose their teeth, and there's no sign of it stopping and the gifts keep getting crazier and crazier, and these guys dont live in mansions so that they can keep piling this stuff, in fact it's gotten to the point that half of their video output is now mailbags.

it's amazing how deeply their audience loves them, and I love me a mailbag feature every month or so, but really if they shut down their mailbag tomorrow they'll be completely in the right until they move into an office or something that can sustain all that craziness, it's too much.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

This week's podcast is weird with Mr. Bill Matt's strange commentary.

Yeah he seems rather hyper and upbeat about one specific thing.

In reality Matts going through a rough personal experience, it was hinted that his dad got a major illness, so it would explain why he wouldnt be available for the podcast

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Pat and Liam are breaking my heart with the Log Horizon hate :negative:

If anything I found their mutual hate and disgust for the same thing rather refreshing.

Pat x Liam LP let's do this.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy poo poo. HOLY poo poo.

LIAM X PAT full LP.

SO HYPE. NOT FOR Not for TREND. Not for CORPORATE ATTITUDE. Not for STONER. Only true DOOM-MURDER HEADS.

by the way guys there's been quite a few vids these days we should be a little more active discussing them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dexie posted:

New Mailbag video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYBRTJNt01A

Someone broke the NO LIVE ANIMALS rule. :aaa:

how long can loving ladybugs last in the mail with no food?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

It's such a goddamn shame they missed the XBOX 180 news by a hairs breadth and werent able to discuss it on the podcast on time.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Shut up and jam Gaiden continues to be amazing.

Also, I just saw Godzilla in an IMAX theater, it was the HYPEST thing I've seen all year. they NAILED it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The friends getting into a gigantic 10 minute Tekken Story argument and Matt owning all of them in the end by shouting I WROTE TEKKEN FAN FICTION, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT TEKKEN?! made me laugh so hard, haha those nerds.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

cmykjester posted:

Is it just me or did the audio quality of the podcast take a huge poo poo this episode?

They say so in the episode description that they hosed up the audio setup with a ton of technical errors, it's atrocious, but it's a mistake that I hope wont exist next episode.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tae posted:

They're really hurt by having only 1 podcast during E3 week, especially considering they were asking all year for Final Fantasy Type-0 to get either localized or fan-translated (both happened).

They really shouldve waited an extra day and did the podcast after all the conferences were done, it really hurt this weeks episode that they didnt talk about nintendo's stuff and forced themselves to record the podcast at 12 midnight.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

^^^ Holy poo poo, they went all out with this one, hype as gently caress animated intro and everything ^^^

Man, after seeing the Samurai Showdown fisticuffs, I really think we ought to find the person who invented pixel smoothing and hang him as a war criminal

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 15, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

watho posted:

The intro was honestly better than the video, the video wasn't bad at all but 187 Ride or Die was better I think.

Yeah 25 to life while bad is nowhere near as hilariously offensive like Ride or Die was. I still cant believe how horrible the dialogue in that game was and woolie was alot more hilariously 'dying inside' in that vid.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hahaha the thunderous music that played when Liam goes berserk in rage against Square Enix over Type Zero, hahaha.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

holy poo poo they're playing that Dreamcast berserk game I randomly bought and powered through (it's loving hard) completely unaware of the manga it was based on for years afterwards. I was completely horrified to find out the real nature of what Berserk actually was.

It's a cool and hard game though.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this some kind of goony "oh god something I liked turned out to be based on ANIME my life is over" weirdo reaction, or more because you decided to read the manga afterward and found out that Berserk is hosed up

It's because someone handed me a whole bunch of volumes for the manga and I got to find out found out how crazy awesome/hosed up it really was.

How dare you sir, howDARE you question my anime nerd credentials.

*smack*

Pistols at dawn or forgo your Honor!

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jun 20, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

This is great, but i feel like it's playing things a little too straight and didnt have enough comedic hooks to really make me super excited, it's kinda missing that 'spark' Barkley had and the gang are acting and talking far too normally than they wouldve. if you're trying to make a game that parodies them, make them ultra doofuses, not straight faced heroes.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hey matt, these other guys are total scrubs, I am the one true TBFP fan!

Also, that intro to skullgirlz is hype as gently caress. and I also want to thank you for introducing me to ShovelKnight, I didnt back it way back when, but I bought it and it's amazing, easily one of the better indie titles by far.

Matt, can I pick your brains about something? One of the big reasons why I enjoy TBFP much more than other online vid groups (in fact it's the only one I bother making time for) is the fact that you guys are super passionate, super funny, and you take time and care into the vids you make and do stuff that interests you and not force yourselves to shovel out stuff like other LP groups who have to keep pumping out the newest screaming+shouting vids with the newest releases. it's kind of why I stopped watching sites like (game grumps) it became more of just play the newest releases and talk over it rather than make good stuff.

but the thing is that the most notorious of those types of vids seems to rake in the views like crazy, it's poo poo, but for some strange reason it works, how do you guys keep to doing what you do without that pressure of (just shovel poo poo and get views) and do those guys have something you think you could learn from?

do you think it's more important as a youtube creator to keep to making stuff you're interested and what you're passionate about at the quality you want, or is it more important that you just be very frequent even if the quality suffers?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 28, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Also, What's the gently caress is woolie's deal stealing pies all the time?! jeez louise I mean tell him there's actual criminal ramifications to stealing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I had a few minutes to kill, so I made fanart of Pat and the Hoooooge Dog!

bigger version here:-

http://imgur.com/QKR4lw3

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

pulp rag posted:

Maybe this is the point where the Zaibatsu needs to grow past just the 4 if more content is gonna get produced. Because from what's been said, their workload is just about peak. Y'know, unless they're cool with the amount of content they're doing.

I'm not gonna judge. :colbert:

I'm sorry, do you demand more than two 30 minute videos a day, a weekly 3 hour podcast, specials, month themes, and site upkeep? what more can you need?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

According to the conbravo video, Liam and Woolie have also just left their jobs to work for the Zaibatsu full time.

It's awesome to see those guys careers take off.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAAWE67hYeY

Oh. My. God.

The day has finally come.

Edit

\/ haha too late shitlord \/

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr