Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

edit: Uh oh, Pat found out FF15 is his console Monster Hunter dream. RIP Pat

Unless you can equip the characters in cool dragon armor, Monster Hunter this is not. :colbert:

Edit: This stream is loving amazing. Paige really brings out Pat's full potential as a commentator.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
David Cage doing literal damage to the Best Friends' health. :(

Maybe they shouldn't be forcing Liam to play Unleashed. What if he's next?! :ohdear:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Overlord K posted:

I hope this means we'll get another out of nowhere game from Pat and Liam, the most criminally underused of the best friend duos.

I'm having trouble remembering anything they have even done together as a duo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
It can't be any worse than the Dragonball movie...right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Someone please buy one of those and send it straight to Ashens.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Depths posted:

suffer-age ended, the Dsp arc has started

I don't think we've gotten that far yet...then again, I think Phil plays Pokemon games better than any of the best friends. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rhonne posted:

Speaking of Liam, I hope we get a video for the new Nier demo that just came out.

I just played that and found it really enjoyable. It's definitely a "Platinum" game and not a "Plactivision" game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neo_Crimson posted:

So who gets LP rights to this here? Chip or TheDarkId?

Chip, but TheDarkId co-commentates.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Well, there goes the channel.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

VolticSurge posted:

Yeah,this blows. Who am I gonna watch now? Spoiler Warning? AKA ":smug: This game sucks,let me explain in condescending detail why. :smug:"

Watching him play The Last Guardian was worth it purely for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lb6wcfiYLM

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

VolticSurge posted:

Wait,DSP does things with Spoiler Warning? Never knew. Another reason to not watch them.

Sorry, completely glossed over "Spoiler Warning" in your post. I saw "This game sucks, let me explain in condescending detail why." and thought you meant DSP.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Overlord K posted:

Christ, I didn't expect 2016 to kill my favorite LP channel among everything else.

RIP that Nier: Automata LP I was really looking forward to. Also this is gonna really kill the podcast, isn't it? That's probably the worst part of this.

On the plus side, the Week segment should no longer take 2+ hours anymore.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HoboTech posted:

The most important question?

How do we blame David Cage.

The misery of playing Omikron was so contagious that Liam got infected by being near the other three.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, I know that Omikron killed the channel, but I feel as if this is just the prelude.

We zoom in on Matt enjoying his non-Youtube life, relaxing at home, when there's suddenly a knock at the door. There's a small package, no return address, no markings. Matt opens it up to find a copy of Detroit: Become Human and a cell phone.

The phone rings. He picks it up and asks who it is.

David Cage replies 'It's time to come back, Mr. McMuscles.'

Start of LP.

That's an intro skit that's begging to be made.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Wow, they actually broke the emergency glass.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I wonder what awaits us in "Titanfall 2 Part 2 AUD Video for Windows 1080 60 x2641" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJkcwNYwR8

edit: awww, they already fixed it. :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Grouchio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWw9aBt_Jpc

Jesus christ on a pogostick. (watch post-7:38)

I've always wondered who actually has the craziest fanbase, Best Friends with the Mail Time they had to cancel cause of ridiculous generosity, or Maximilian with the absurd donations he gets on his streams.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I wish they still done mailbags, because I want to send Pat and Woolie a massive banner bearing the words "MIDROLLING IS FINE, REALLY"

(e): "The Balder knights in the church don't respawn" Oh my god, I really want that to come back and bite them on the rear end once because yes they absolutely do.

Maybe I missed it in the videos but why are they so dead set on having the 25% roll? Are they just being scrubs and thinking the 50% is a fat roll?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mesothelioma posted:

Woolie should really try using the halberd on an enemy then he'll truly see how much it loving owns

Maybe Pat should tell him that Halberds have a stagger animation if you don't hit anything with them...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

havenwaters posted:

Since it doesn't look like Woolie's going to upgrade his shield Capra is going to rock him very hard. Capra is generally a gear check for most people. Is your shield +3 or higher? Cool you can take his hits and the dogs and be okayish. Is it not upgraded? Prepare to be staggered to death.

edit: Maybe all that endurance Pat is forcing Woolie to pump will be enough though

Considering how much Woolie likes to panic roll, I don't think that endurance is going to make much of a difference.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

and he beat FF15 at like level 80 when the average casual fan beat it at like 50 at worst.

To be fair, unless you skip almost all side-quests it's almost impossible to not be crazy overleveled in FFXV for story content.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Justice Sloth posted:

Since I do my fair share of the bitching about Greatswords and Pat-isms in the Souls LPs, it's only fair I give credit where credit is due.

Episode 11 of the Dark Souls LP kicks off with them correcting every mistake made thus far in 5 minutes and my vindication is rock hard. Woolie's even rocking my favorite weapontype.

Now they just need to get that laser pointer. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

J.A.B.C. posted:

:goonsay:Well, you can grind for them, but not until the very last zone in the game.

But, yeah, BSS is grindable but has a horrible drop rate. Though I do love that moveset. If Pat really wants it, grind it offscreen.

Woolie has already committed to the partizan moveset - so grinding for it would be pointless now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Justice Sloth posted:

started over with his balls filled to burst with overconfidence, then immediately had them exposed.

Sounds like Pat in every game he plays.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
They just talked poo poo about Newfoundland. :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
THEY HAVE AN EDITOR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HoboTech posted:

DS3 just feels like it played a little too "safe".

DS3 feels less like a sequel and more of a "Dark Souls: Greatest Hits Collection". They went way overboard with the nods to prior games.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rodyle posted:

It's amazing. And to think, we almost had to deal with Max instead.

You say that like Max isn't cool. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rodyle posted:

He's every bad streamer stereotype strung together. He's probably an alright dude and benny is cool but I can't stand his material.

Meh, to each his own. I always get plenty of entertainment from his streams and videos. Watching him and Steve play RE5 was a blast, and I can't help but get a stupid grin on my face whenever somebody donates to him to trigger one of the sillier notifications.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The best was when someone sent Woolie an atomic purple gameboy color with a copy of Pokemon in it, which someone had stolen from Woolie when he was a kid - you could actually see him getting tears in his eyes.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

That video was WAY too entertaining...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

To anyone else, spontaneously needing to puke mid-stream would be a wake-up call.

NOT TO PAT BOIVIN.

For a guy who wants to live forever, Pat does a horrible job of trying to even live a normal human lifespan.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HGH posted:

Maybe the Blu-Rays will make it better again?

I dunno how the action scenes ended up though.

I just looked up a comparison on Youtube and it seems like the battle scenes only got minor improvements at best - certainly nothing significant like that gif you posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDzg-F_09M - obviously NWS.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 27, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rodyle posted:

Pat talking about paying various secret frogs to manipulate drop tables destroyed my passing interest in Nioh.

What's your problem with it exactly?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Hahahaha, of course Matt fucks it up immediately and hurts his hand.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So is JonTron replacing Liam?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

havenwaters posted:

probably jumps down the hole by accident before getting the lord vessel, pissing off both frampt and kaathe.

Wait, that's a thing? I always assumed you would just die if you tried that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrast posted:

gently caress the reindeer hell

That is easily the worst area in the franchise. How that even got approved to be put into the game baffles me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DumbparameciuM posted:

IMO ReindeerHell isn't anywhere near as bad as the Rusted Corridor or whatever the gently caress it's called.

At least in that area you can actually SEE. I'll take that any day over getting killed by the invisible reindeer gank squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HGH posted:

Also has Pat been high or something while recording recent LPs? There's something... off about him. He seems hyper attentive but also not.

Having a massively hosed sleep schedule and drinking nothing but Red Bulls will tend to do that to a person.

edit: Also, Jesus H. loving Christ. Max has gotten like 5,000 dollars in donations streaming Nioh tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wJ5nl9vguQ

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 7, 2017