Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Since this latest podcast was dated April 1st, did they put in the segment talking about this article as a joke, or did they not realize that p4rgaming is The Onion of videogames?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I was hoping Wade Hixton's Counter Punch would show up, but I guess I'm just crazy.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

king of no pants posted:

Edit x2: Wait a second why is there a Waterworld section. Waterworld.

That Waterworld show is still going in the Hollywood Universal Studios, even.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How the gently caress can Woolie be a snob about Salty Bet? What kind of mind set is that?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
What was in that Square-Chan chapter that got pulled?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Would Vanguard Princess fall under Scrublords or Creepy Anime Bullshit? It's got more sleaze than Arcana Heart, but only a tiny fraction of the production value.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

gently caress that, I wanna hear Liam try really really hard to defend it next podcast. Like I can't imagine how he'd do it or dear god why but i'm sure he'll do it.

I don't think Liam would ever have any inclination to say anything positive about a cover-shooter made by a western developer.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The Order is Sony's Ryse, basically.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Man, that Conan game really needed a Quick Play option.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The audio for that Fatal Fury game sounded like it was coming out of a Wii Remote speaker. I thought you'd messed up the audio mixing, but checking other Youtube videos, the game just sounds that bad.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm thinking we're getting Cyberbots Fisticuffs or Rise of the Robots Scrublords this week.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Yo, Matt, cancel whatever lame-o plans you had for Fisticuffs this week. Beowulf just dropped.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Tae posted:

Welp, Woolie curse hits again. I'm guessing the half hour or so on the Skyrim mods is wasted because Steam took down the mod section.

They probably haven't even started recording the Friendcast yet.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Ruggington posted:

Leave him an upper decker and study his reaction

I'd rather dump enough red food coloring in his toilet tank to make it look like it was flushing blood.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Pat's sure made a lot of Twitter posts about waffling about FF14.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Podcast curse is real. You can't download PT anymore even if you "own" it

They had to nip the PSN account scalping in the bud, didn't they?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

Ahahaha, I was facepalming the whole time him and Pat were going on about it. I loving LOVE Rival Schools/Project Justice. Love it. A lot. More than Darkstalkers. But how can anyone not see why crazy versions of movie monsters which include two certain... ahhhh star players like Morrigan and Felicia would be more looked at than a fighting game featuring a cast who are just regular folks (mostly) 2/3rds of which are wearing school uniforms with little differences. I mean I can get liking something real hard and that sort of distorting your view but in regards to Rival Schools I don't think they're on planet Earth anymore.

It's just Liam and Capcom who think that. :smith:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Is the emulator just stretching out the game from 4:3 to 16:9, or is that an actual FOV patch?

A good poster fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 10, 2015

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

The Kins posted:

SOTN was actually trying to copy Zelda, not Metroid

Seriously?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Has there been any video where Liam is driving that he is bad at the game?

It took him four hours to figure out that there was a run button in Super Mario RPG.

EDIT: I should have refreshed the page before replying, but the point still stands.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 14, 2015

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Kotaku article posted:

(To be clear: VMC contractors tell us they use their personal consoles for testing, not any sort of debug machines provided by the company.)

What kind of game testing job is this? I once worked as a tester for VMC in Washington around 2007, and the work always involved test systems in a cubicle farm. Getting the job certainly didn't require I buy and use my own drat console. Is this like a closed beta test, but testers get paid for their time? Was it on the regular Xbox Live network? Did the leaker get caught because his personal gamertag appeared in the footage?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

DumbparameciuM posted:

Did Liam make this video as penenace for the shittalking he delivered a couple of podcasts ago?

What kind of shittalking was this?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Oh Jesus, Liam said touchpad and not touchscreen. That framerate's on a PS4, not on a Vita, or a Vita emulated on an iMac or something.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Does the change in art style between Aria and Dawn of Sorrow only affect the dialog portraits? That alone doesn't seem important enough to get worked up over.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They seem to have gotten rid of the clip of Woolie eating "Woolies" instead of chips. Were people getting triggered by depictions of cannibalism or something?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It doesn't seem to have gone anywhere.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Podcast's up, suckas.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Of course Liam gets furious about the quality of the tatami mat in the dojo stage in Super Fighter.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Matt, can you please not stretch 4:3 game footage to fit a 16:9 video? It makes those games look considerably worse.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Are they still waffling on a PC release for that?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Those helicopter sprites in the intro of that Jurassic Park game were upside-down.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSESEZdGmUQ

It looks like Korra. Korra wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either.

Oh thank Christ there's a PC logo at the end of that trailer.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Bobby Kotick hates Steam Sales so much I could see him keeping a few games off PC just out of spite alone.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Maybe it's not in this part, but Pat keeps calling him Jake's dad from there on out, but I constantly say it's his uncle.

He's not even going to try to pay attention to this game's plot, and rightly so.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

HGH posted:

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned Killer Instinct on PC.

Pat seems to be the only one who doesn't immediately pooh-pooh any fighting game on PC, because I guess if the specs between different PCs aren't as consistent as consoles, despite being able to perfectly run the game, they aren't tournament-worthy or some poo poo.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They made a big deal on the podcast about how Europe finally got XRD on PS4, but meanwhile Steam only just recently got XX Accent Core Plus R.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Hey, where's that pie I left cooling on the counter?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If Matt had used the environmental kill spot in the church after the pew near it was destroyed, would Jake have smashed a guy's head on nothing?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought Kamiya had gotten poo poo on by Capcom harder than Inafune could ever imagine. Why should he care if Inafune is respectful to them or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are the clips in Her Story just video files you can play from the game's folder? Can you throw them into a VLC playlist to see all the interviews in their entirety?