Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Matt has namedropped Marvel Nemesis in the past and it totally seems like something they'd play for fisticuffs, hell the game is terrible enough to be worth its own playthrough in and of itself just for the story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Matt and Woolie actually and expect to hear Woolie never shut the gently caress up about Bloody Mary

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

Actually probably won't get to Marvel Nemesis. I wanted to do it for Fisticuffs, but since Woolie kinda edits those, he vetoes games he doesn't feel are
"good enough". So we'll be playing others instead.

Please play it with Pat on a separate episode, I would love to see you guys play that loving thing, there is so much to hear other people say about it and it is always funny.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

Woolie is trash. I like Woolie.

I too like Woolie, just not his taste in things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nope, it was CotA (94), MSH (95), and then the first Marvel/Capcom crossover fighter, X-Men vs Street Fighter (96). Although that being said, Akuma was a hidden character in Children of the Atom.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congrats on your new site, guys.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

roach cum puddle posted:

A way to give them money for content.

Celebrate friend, for I bring you what you desire.

http://sharkrobot.com/collections/two-best-friends-play

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man I just watched the Blade 2 vid and that game is really something. Did they seriously add a jump button and it caused like a million glitches?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Too late

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That stream was awful up until Pat showed up and the Elite Four happened then it got really exciting and intense. I hated the Nuzlocke Run for the most part and that last part made it really fun to watch for once.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Please never have Pat on comic games ever again. He even said he hates comics, no one gets hurt.

Please have Pat on more comic games.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't read All-Star Superman, just watch Max Landis' video on Death and Return of Superman.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would've been my game of the year 2013 if Revengeance didn't come out in the same year. It's so god drat good, definitely Platinum's best game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's not Super Turbo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KoF can make several 3D models for the cost and time one 2D HD sprite is gonna cost them. If they want to do it and do it well, I see no problem with them switching to 3D models.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Which TMNT beat em up ends with you fighting Shredder on top of a platform floating over a destroyed city and changing back to his lair throughout the fight? It's been a while, but I remember playing the poo poo out of that one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I checked and I'm pretty sure it's Hyperstone Heist. Although that just seems to be a Genesis version of Turtles of In Time, so it might as well be the same thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only one who wasn't in QA was Pat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congrats on your engagement, Matt, please make sure Woolie doesn't try to podcast your wedding.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was probably a bad idea to a Dark Souls LP at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Enslaved is very milquetoast action/platforming game, yeah. The ending is the only thing about that is actually worth any sort of attention. Its story and characters aside from maybe Monkey are also really stale and common character archetypes they don't do anything new with at all.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 15, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please don't do REmake cause I don't want to see Lisa Trevor again. I've only read Id's lp on that game and she was still freaky as hell.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're saving DOTA for the Shitstorm of Scariness.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was funny, but terrible. Give it a Viking funeral and by that I mean set it on fire and send it down the garbage chute.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yukari owns and everyone on this group has bad best girl opinions aside from Matt who is completely right about Sylvia from NMH.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Invictus knows the score.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's for the best that you don't.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Yes this is correct.

When you hang out with Yukari she whines about her dad (which admittedly describes every 3rd social link but oh well), when you hang out with Chie and Naoto you beat people up and solve mysteries.

Yes, but Yukari takes you to the mall to sing karaoke and she is very fashionable. Sorry nerds, you lose at waifu wars this time.

The real answer is we all have lost.

CJacobs posted:

It's okay I'm also in that boat. I either just tune out or skip Persona talk. The only persona-related thing I've seen are some of the Giant Bomb endurance run videos.

Good man.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry Jacobs, I remember the Senran Kagura thread. You're still cool with me, dog.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mileena

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Matt please tell me you plan to do an MK week where you just play MK Mythologies for a week for a week straight for MKX. Or better yet, MK vs DC.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first season of Justice League sucks, but everything from there on out is good. That being said, I love Pat knowing nothing about superheroes and making GBS threads on DC, he's actually very accurate usually.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

The first season? But that's got rad poo poo like Legends, Injustice For All, and The Savage Time. I rewatched the whole series (And Batman Beyond) just recently. The only bad stuff I found in Justice League or Unlimited was Fury (terrible two parter with the evil Amazon) and the kind of week overarching plot of Unlimited S3.

Injustice for All were the only episodes I enjoyed. Everything else was boring, had abrupt conclusions, uncharismatic major characters, and lovely villains that were like the most milquetoast and Vandal Savage with Nazis should be a formula for success, but jesus was it not. I made a giant post in the BBS Comic Animation thread while I was watching the series last year. Pretty much everyone agreed the series is very weak in the first season and I was called a terrible person by Rhyno because I called special attention to disliking the Legends episode.

Also the last season of Unlimited is bad because it continues for like no reason and continues finding weak reasons to continue with few interesting episodes. Justice League is a great cartoon series, but it suffers from many of the same problems as both the Batman and Superman 90s cartoons, there's a lot of episodes that are obviously the show finding its groove. When it does it's fantastic, but even after that there are points where the show drops quality.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Justice League is still a fantastic show with wonderful characters and probably one of the best characterizations and uses of both Batman and Superman in like team up cartoons. It's also got a wonderful Captain Marvel episode, an amazing season 2 finale for Unlimited (It's seriously one of the best episodes in the series) and Flash is just wonderful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would say James Smalls gets credit if only because of how much them making fun of him made me laugh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie is in the status he is for eternity because of the Nuzlocke.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm not worried. I'm sure he'll do something in the next few days that will drop him back down to his usual spot. :p

Tsk tsk tsk

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam is going to die trying to play Devil's Advocate.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's probably being put on arcade first to give it its ecosystem where it can thrive for a while they figure out exactly what they want it to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

I just want Plague to succeed in his quest to kill Woolie.

same