Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Silentman0 posted:

I thought the combo system sounded interesting when I first heard about it. Plus it's pure, undiluted 90's comics in video game form, apparently.

I just don't understand how anyone can stand to watch it. The models and movement look so clunky and stiff and the particle effects drawn out everything else to the point of it being a massive mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

You know I like Liam most of the time but sometimes he does poo poo that's just seems like he's arguing to be dumb and petty for no reason and the last podcast had some of the worst of it in awhile

Someone says something he disagrees with
Liam: "No but that doesn't count because we're talking about Globally"

is followed by him cutting in on someone's counterpoint by trying to go "But in Japan!!! I know it has no real baring on the conversation BUT I'M JUST SAYING!".

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 15, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

On the other hand, Woolie steadfastly defending his claim about muskets in World War 1 was the worst thing.

Nah that's at least funny in a "Look at a dumb thing one of the SBF guys is saying" kind of way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Depths posted:

Hope they talk about gojira on the next podcast, it was hype as gently caress

I've heard a lot of dumb rumors about this movie so I have to ask this, but Is there a Mothra cameo/appearance in this movie?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Depths posted:

In one scene theres a butterfly cage with a Mothra nametag on it

Back from the movies, I can confirm Gojira was loving hype as all hell.

quakster posted:

Jon is hit or miss even when he's not out of his element but while Danny is very likeable, he's not funny at all.

Fact.

Also Jon would at least call Arin out when arin starts acting all buttmad and vice versa so if felt more natural than the Danny/Arin stuff. Basically Jon:Arin::Ross:Danny.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

His main point was that dumb "farmvile but with weeeeed" things are lazy and may be not worth holding as examples of evil censors.

He then goes on to say "Just don't make games about drugs because that's artistically void." That's not paraphrasing. Dude's got some weird issue on drugs. Apparently you can't have a thing about drugs or the people around them (unless it's good but then it's not actually about drugs). From the way he was talking the farmville bit seemed like the least important part of it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

AXE COP posted:

God I just listened to the podcast. Liam you piece of poo poo you were getting up in arms about the little girl bikinis in bravely default but you'll support the removal of drug-related apps from the store?? gently caress off aaaa

Well it's simple. Liam is not okay with drugs, he is okay with little anime girls who are actually of age but look really young because of the art style of the setting.

There's no joke there, it's just kind of hosed up some of Liam's opinions come off because of how much he loves to be contrary/play devil's advocate.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

It took Woolie 170 hours to beat Persona 3. :psyduck:

What? How? I got 100% with around 50 in it!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ahaha I loving love the really Condescending attitude that Wooly and Liam get when Matt and Pat don't care about Melee.

"Yeah I don't enjoy melee that muc-""LET ME EXPLAIN HOW FIGHTING GAMES WORK TO YOU, PAT!"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Prison Break also has cooler lore than Souls games. Talk about that.

:p

This guy gets it. Prison Break is basically the best LP since Beyond 2 Souls. Pure aggravation, in real time.

Also the best thing about Woolie's dark souls run is that Pat gets like half the lore wrong and then says it's dumb. Poor Woolie won't know anything about the game by the end of it :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 9, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So is Pat waiting for the series to finish or for the novels to finish?

Because I've got 20-to-1 odds on GRRM biting it before book 7 comes out.

Please, he's not making it to book 6.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Chrispurple posted:

At this point I half-expect GRRM to declare ADwD non-canonical just to prove he can write even less than everyone thinks.

As someone who read ADwD that might actually improve the overall story.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

It could also be they signed a different contract, or canadians get special outs.

Broteam is Canadian as well.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

I don't think anyone really complains about Nasshandra the Lore character. She's just a really lovely, easy final boss which is basically a theme in the Souls game at this point.

Dunno what you're talking about, the actual final boss of Demon Souls was pretty great. That guy at the end was a mercy killing. Didn't even have a boss HP bar.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

This is perfect timing, I just finished The Wolf Among Us (which was better than TWD by miles, simply by not being another loving zombie story.) so it'll be fun to watch other people make terrible decisions.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

Every Dark Souls episode it seems like Pat's romanticized his old faith build even harder. Now the Defender GREAT(???)Shield is the greatest item ever made and shits all over every other shield in existence. That Dragonrider Shield is ridiculous if you have the carry load to equip it.

The Throne Defender's Shield is pretty loving solid to be fair. It's my favorite end game shield.

Also, what's the Deal with Zubaz? I mean I know where he's from but is it just some dumb thing they've latched onto to add into stuff or have they somehow gotten the rights to Zubaz as a character?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ahaha so I go from a video where Pat says "No I'm not Wrong about Dark Souls 2." then to the podcast where he says the Iron Keep DLC is easier and worse than the first DLC.

Pat has Nega-verse Souls opinions.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Comparing the DLC is subjective on which has better level design and enemy layout. I don't understand how he thinks the 2nd one is easier.

Like the nothing in the Sunken Crown DLC has ANYTHING on the two non-Smelter Deamon boss fights in Iron Keep.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

I would say if someone's memorized Smelter, then all 3 bosses in Sunken are harder than Alonne. However, the enemies, NPC phantoms, and Fume Knight are way tougher quite literally.

I mean at least Pat has said with the warning "To my knowledge" as a crutch on all his sentences.

What? The only thing difficult about the Sunken boss fights are the adds in the Queen, and then it's only the Not-Aegis one and you can literally just ignore him and kill her.

The Dragon is yet another Dragon boss fight and is easy dealt with in the exact same way as all the other Dragon boss fights with the added issue of 'Having to walk around a bit more than usual' to it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

straight jerkers posted:

I'm not a casual observer but I still think you're being a shitlord sperg about trivial details

It's extra funny because you can literally do exactly what he says you can't and beat the boss by the same exact tactics I said. it's exactly what I did on my second try on the boss the first time I tried to fight it differently than all the other dragons and ate it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't think anyone here is complaining about woolie at all? They're saying Pat is kinda annoying. I only watched a few episodes but it didn't really seem all that entertaining.

Speaking of Pat being annoying, what's with his weird hate of fighting mostly cool knights/people in a setting that is like 90% Human-ish knights adventuring around and loving poo poo up? Like I'd rather fight a bunch of unique and interesting sword mans than a bunch of lovely monsters.

It's like he doesn't remember the Dragon God, or the Barrel Spider, or the Fool's Idol, or that dumb Butterfly in Dark souls.

Souls games are pretty bad when it comes to giant monsters. Though I do admit when they get it right it's some of their best poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 17, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Rewatching Downcoming for old times' sake and man, the boss fights in Homecoming are like Dark Souls 2 Playthrough-lite. Features such highlights as "No use your dodge more" and "There, perfect." I guess I just never noticed Pat's backseat gaming before now.

The issue is most of the time the others give him enough poo poo it isn't a problem..

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

HGH posted:

Apparently Plague finally hunted down Woolie in DS2. Now I can't help but be excited for the next episodes.

Oh my god I hope it's during the Crpyt!

Also Woolie, forget Pat, eat those Boss Souls if you're not gonna do anything with them. That's so many levels and stones to buy right there!

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 21, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cathair posted:

Having never been exposed to Telltale's games before, for a while now I've been leaning towards the opinion that their writing is trash, but this is the last straw.

Oh my god you sound like a complete tool. Stop posting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cathair posted:

I'm confused, are you saying this because I seem to be getting a bit too serious about video games in a Super Best Friends thread, or is it because I insulted a thing you enjoy and you just don't wanna admit how loving stupid it is?

Because if it's the former, I'll cede the point, but in the latter case I will never stop laughing at you and your bad opinions.

Oh my god you belong stuffed in a locker for eternity. And before you continue to act like a sad nerd here's a post you should look at. I'll even bold the important bit as to idiot proof so I don't have to see you reply

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This is perfect timing, I just finished The Wolf Among Us (which was better than TWD by miles, simply by not being another loving zombie story.) so it'll be fun to watch other people make terrible decisions.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cathair posted:

Edit: it's great how you insufferable dorks aren't even arguing that TWD S2 isn't a poo poo game/story, you're just so goddamn offended that I criticized Telltale in general. How loving dare someone say that people who produced a poorly-written game are bad writers? I feel like I've wandered into a Bioware thread or something.

Actually no one is doing that you sad spaz. I don't even like any of TWD poo poo I'm just calling you out on posting like a huge goober who needs to be stuffed in a locker. You are super defensive, post incredibly dumb sentences like "I've never seen anything about this but I assumed it was all terrible!" and just constantly act super offended and like you're out to fight anyone.

Seriously, stop posting. You're really bad at it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

The self-righteousness is coming from inside the house

Ahaha I didn't even notice that in his post.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Trexy posted:

I feel like they're getting deliberately misconstrued in a lot of cases. It's 10 years later and people still use that soundclip/ytmnd to dismiss what is essentially just participation points. Which is kind of besides the point as barely any guilds bother using DKP anymore. Most just use an open /roll system.

Also most good MMO's have basically said "gently caress everything about that" and use entirely different, less lovely systems. The Best friends have the same problem a lot of people do about MMO's where WoW is the only one they really know and assume everything's the same. Which is a safe bet, since for a long long while every new MMO was a WoW clone.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Andrast posted:

I can help those people: All MMOs are terrible pieces of poo poo.

Nah some are pretty okay.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

AXE COP posted:

The only good MMO was city of heroes and now it's dead. Honourable mention to guild wars 1 and 2 too i guess.

Guild Wars 2 was ruined by literally everything they've done post launch. God those new story lines are the worst.

FF14:ARR is actually pretty great as well.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

They won't even be able to get Margaret until a week after the game and none of them are going to play her anyways.

Every single one of the Best Friends has a garbage tier Persona waifu.

Can't believe they talked poo poo about Ai.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

People are butthurt that they're not playing this poorly written game the 'right' way.

The best thing in this LP is why nonchalantly getting everyone killed and then talking over Kenny as he says "You can't just get people killed and expect people not to care!".

It's...just so perfect :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

quakster posted:

The problem with TWD in general is that it's a franchise that has a fine setup for exploring a devastated society starting to rebuild itself but the scope is character drama so all you get is Failure of the Week ad nauseam.

Also, nothing you do will ever actually rebuild society because the setting is 100% about the dumb failures.

Like a Fallout equivalent to the zombie apocalypse might be kind of cool, but that'd be a bit harder to write than their strained drama shtick.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Somebody sell me on Deadly Premonition.

edit: while I'm at it, sell me on Yakuza as well.

They're good. Do it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Did anyone mention how you shouldn't play Yakuza 1?

Don't play Yakuza 1. It's got the best story of the series but far and away the worst gameplay. Find an LP. I'm pretty sure there's one in the archives even.

You'd honestly be fine just playing Yakuza 4.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Welp Pat just hosed Woolie with his lies, Navlan invades you regardless if you were human or hollow when you free him.

Once again, Pat doesn't actually know that much about Dark Souls. He just knows more than Woolie.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Woolie is so dead when they get to the DLC, especially because he's been relying on the poise damage from the Greatsword to cover his weakness and the Sunken minions have essentially infinite.

As someone who just went through it he should be fine if he just gets a bit more aggressive while also getting a lot smarter on stamina management and rolling.

So yeah, he's hosed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

I don't know, I don't think I can begrudge anyone having some issues in Dark Souls 2 after Jeff Green completely imploded at the very start of it. I mean he beat loving Dark Souls 1, how the hell is No-man Wharf's some impossible challenge for him??? That was the most baffling thing.

Jeff Green didn't beat Dark Souls 1 he survived it against all odds.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Listening to the podcast and it sounds like Pat didn't know you can just permanently shut off the spawning enemies by finding those knights in the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

He also mentioned about Add bosses in the 2nd DLC, and I have no idea what the hell he's talking about. Also bad at the easiest Fire Emblem game in the entire franchise.

Yeah there's no add bosses in the Iron Keep DLC, unless he means the thing in the Fume Knight fight, but that's not an add, it's an environmental thing you can do to make it easier, just like the poo poo with the Lost Sinner.

And listening to Woolie he's really really coloring Woolie's opinion on it before they actually get into it.