Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

floor is lava posted:

I remember them saying something along the lines of "We're not doing the DLC so gently caress that". But they both seem to be enjoying the playthrough. Hopefully they'll do them.

They literally said they're going to wait on the DLC til late game when they get to the first active teleporter (after The Rotten).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Then I'm glad they killed him just out of spite because gently caress Telltale and gently caress their writers for making such a hamfisted "SEE KENNY IS THE HERO" ending.

I'm sorry you murdered humanity's savior.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea and yet I still hate this ending less than Last of Us.

Oof, LoU's writing got really really bad near the end.

This is good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Scorched Spitz posted:

Let's say Kenny manages to lead the entire group to Wellington and they all get rejected. What makes anyone think that Kenny wouldn't try to raid the place and either destroy one of the last bastions of civilization or get everyone but Clem killed in the process?

Yeah, what's to say Kenny doesn't just murder the baby out of spite and use it's body to summon Satan to raise and undead army!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Where WAS Kenny when this all kicked off?? Injecting babies with infectious diseases he created in his boat??? yes

Kenny rips off his wig and fake goatee to reveal HE was in fact the literal Hitler.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

Well, Bloody Mary was the best part of TWAU, so he is well-justified in being hot for her.

Counter-point: Bloody Mary was the lamest most straight forward attempt to make a 'tough scary criminal' and most of her dialogue was hilarious for how by the numbers it all was.

And telling Bufkin to gently caress off was the best part of TWAU. And The mermaid lady. And that scumbag Georgie.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 1, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

FatSamurai posted:

Hey, I forgot some things! Like how I thought all the defensive options were lousy and didn't like how the parry system worked! How about how all the sub-weapons didn't feel like they were useful at all?

God of War 2 came out in 2007 and did everything better. :colbert:

None of the GoW are good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Except for Marlow Briggs

Well yeah.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Unironically Mad Because Bad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Enough about that! Now let's talk about GOOD anime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Oe5i_6IAI

Oh boy this looks amazing I can't wait for it to never come to America :smith:.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Still pissed all the good gundam games never make it here. Gundam Breaker looked so cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also it's just bad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

The sound of an invasion is the sound of a serial killer entering your house.

No, it sounds like someone sticking a steak in front of you and saying "I hope you like this!"

You people need to learn to dehumanize yourself and face your bloodlust.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Remf posted:

They may be missing out by not playing the PC version of Guacamelee with steam workshop skins.

The Bayo one turns her double jump into the butterfly wings and all the special moves into her WW attacks. It's very neat.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Woolie's black?

Liam's a boy?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Gwyn's also less lame of a fight. I think it's appropriate for both of them to be relatively weak, but Nashandra's too weak, and also way less cool looking/has worse music.

I had a harder time with Nashandra and he curse fountains than I did with Gwyn "Please press L2 now" King of Fire.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

AHAHAH this weeks podcast has a good 10 minutes of Liam and Pat trying to tell me that the Eva characters are real people and well written.

Nah, Woolie's right. The interesting bit of Eva is the writer/creator's depression leaking through and because of that none of the characters really seem right or act right because they're not.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Shinji's probably the most well-written and realistic character in the entire drat series, and that's also why most people hate his guts

He's got crippling depression, anxiety, abuse and trauma issues and the few times he actually gets proactive and does things with a positive goal in mind it results in Literally The Apocalypse and he just falls that much further into the depression hole

Nah Shinji's fine because he's just a stand in for Anno's depression, it's the entire rest of the cast that are hilariously unrealistic and terrible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

No one is actually yelling you to watch it, but people seem to get angry not every show is Mazinger or Gurren Laggan where the universe bends to their wishes.

Also, Evangelion wasn't the first reluctant pilot. That was like Amuro from Gundam who had to get bitchslapped to be the only hope for his crew.

It's more that it's both annoying and funny to hear people who like Eva a lot act like it was the first of it's kind in anything, when it's just another take an the genre.

It's also annoying Gainax is milking it for movies when Diebuster's just sitting there ready to go.

I want to Shout To The Top.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

You are like literally the only one.

Let me know if you guys want to me to reveal what it'll be, won't be uploaded until tomorrow at 9PM.

Go ahead and spoil it, I want to see if it'll be as fun as Bug Island.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

You beautiful mad man

TheRealestMatt posted:

Also, what's a better game? Fear Effect, or it's sequel?

The smart rear end in me wants to say 'Neither' but I think the second one at least runs better?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously how many years do people have to give people

The killer is a loving DLC character in a new Fighter. Spoilers are off.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nalesh posted:

I find it funny how they think the vergil sorcerer things are dudes, ain't ever seen a dude with dem curves.

You need to hang out with cuter boys.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

Well, this latest DS episode was bountiful in information. Pat never taught Woolie how to double estus, and Woolie takes his entire right hand off the controller to switch on the hotkey inventory. That explains every death when he dies trying to switch to Estus.

Also Pat never taught him how to parry. Or how to be aggressive without wildly flailing. Or how to actually roll through attacks. Liam should have helped Woolie through the DLC so he can learn how to be a crazy cool guy because it's honestly a lot more fun and makes a lot of the DLC bosses much easier.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 24, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

We kinda learned our lesson with Yakuza 4 and Disaster. If it's an obscure game, and it's kinda long and Japanese, people loose interest VERY quickly. But to be honest, I want to do all three games eventually.

Matt, anyone who didn't want to watch all of Disaster is not someone I want to be associated with. Ignore those people, do something stupid. Marc Ecko for life, son.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Scalebound

Just off the top of my head.

But I suppose that goes same for me in regards to the PS4. There's absolutely zero exclusive titles on there that I care about, and thus, don't have one.

KI looks okay but I would rather play any other new fighting game that's been out recently (Ultimax and Xrd are leagues better), Scalebound isn't out for more than a year and we don't even know what its going to be, Sunset Overdrive is yet another third person shooter platformer by Insomniac games with some of the loving most annoying writing I've had to sit through in recent memory and Quantum Break looks super loving generic like despite all it's big flashy set pieces and time things the game play looks stiff and boring and unfun to someone who has had enough of third person cover-shooters.

I still bought D4 though. Gotta give SWERY my energy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

"KI looks okay but I would rather play any other new fighting game that's been out recently (Ultimax and Xrd are leagues better)"

Wow.

They are completely different games. That's like saying, "Virtua Fighter is way better than Fatal Fury" and honestly, I'm super tired of Arc System Fighting games, as they all play very similarly. Have you even played KI? Or know anything about it? It seems like you've "looked" at it.

I've played about 30 matches of it and the most I can say for it is "Eh. This isn't for me." Which is why I said I'd rather play another fighting game, because KI just isn't my bag. Sorry, Matt. :shrug:. It doesn't help that I can't stand KI's art style or character designs. The whole game just doesn't click with me. The only character I actually think is cool is Skeleton-Lord Spinal

Plus Ultimax's lobby system is so much better than any similar game I can think of from recent years. It's very good.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 4, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Fair enough. Similarly, I don't like Arena, or it's expansion, Ultimax. They are not for me, not to mention I couldn't care less about the persona universe.

That's kind of how I feel about KI. It just feels way too 'Trying to be cool' in a 90's way so to me all the characters just feel like MK characters. That's a bit unfair, KI is 1000% more diverse and interesting than pre-X MK, but they fill that same Niche in my brain.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

Can Pat and Liam just watch each other jack off already so there isn't this weird sexual tension between them?

No. Let it build until this ends in the big ol' hatefuck over some dumb argument about anime (Probably Log Horizon.)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Compendium posted:

Cage's games are interesting in concept,

Nope. They're really not.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

One thing I really like about Cage games is attention to detail in the art assets. All the homes, exterior and especially interior shots look amazingly realistic.

And none of the characters act like human beings or like characters in a story. Maybe he should stick to rendering furniture and stop writing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I did it for you and don't worry this is the only one worth reading because it is true.

To be fair Best Friends' weird hate of George (He's in all of 2 loving scenes and they have this hilarious hate boner for him) and new George Surrogate Loki is pretty funny/dumb.

As is their dislike of Luka's new design because he looks dumb. Because it's kind of the point. If you ever looked at Luka and though "Wow look at how cool this guy is!" you're part of the joke that is Luka. He's a big dumb nerd messing with poo poo way over his head and is just a joke. Of course his new glasses look doofy, it's the point. Luka should not ever be a figure for anything other than Mockery.

Other than that and Pat's 'jet lag' that video's pretty great.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Luka's new design is just a mess to look at. It's not even in a dorky way, I just hate looking at him because he has too much poo poo on his person. It's a cluttered mess of a design which is interesting considering every one else is pretty minimal as far as extra stuff on their body goes.

I dunno, the fact that he is the one person so overly cluttered makes me think it's on purpose so it comes across as "Man maybe if I dress all cool and fancy then Bayo and friends will notice me!" and like the big loser that he is he just kept stacking on affectation after affectation. Which I find to be pretty funny.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The only thing I know about Bayonetta for sure is that the nerd tears when I say I don't like it as much as DMC and think it's not all that great are delicious.

I still like DMC 4 more. I wouldn't say it's a better game, but I would say I prefer playing it to Bayo, personally. The style swapping is so much fun and the weapons in Bayo aren't exactly...as important as DMC weapons are? Like in Bayo one the only ones that REALLY changed how you fought were the whips and the cannons. Otherwise it was the same combos with roughly the same speed. Compare that to the differences in Using Lucifer and Gilgamesh just for example.

Bayo does have a dedicated dodge button though, so that's one thing it has over DMC.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Well The Colonel is a loving ignoramus because he doesn't understand the crazy beauty of The Time Has Come and So Have I. Also the first Bayo game REALLY suffers in level design. Especially any area with the wall running, because the camera in Platinum games barely work on a flat open fight area so when you stick a 90 degree turn into an arena the camera just doesn't do it's job.

And it has loving terrible bosses. They're big pretty spectacles but none of them are actively fun to fight because they're 80% run on enemy to weakspot, hit until dead, do more platforming to get back, repeat til victory. The obvious exceptions are Some of the Jeanne fights and parts of the Lumen Sage boss fight.

Also the game is filled with lovely instant Game over QTE's, or at least gently caress-up-and-take-big-damage, some of which are in the middle of actual boss fights.

The final Jeanne fight is the worst because it combines the Walk on wall mechanics that break the camera with AI that loves to hove at the corner of the two walls because it's easy flip between walls to dodge your attack that has a lovely minigame gating the boss every time AND has lovely super fast QTE moments between the phases of the fight. I will NEVER understand the 2BF's reverence for that fight when that whole level is basically a condensed version of everything bad Platinum sneaks into most of their games.

Jeanne 3 (The plane fight) is pretty great though, mostly because it's a big enough space the camera doesn't poo poo itself.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 6, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also Jeanne 3 owns and the only lovely thing is the missile minigame at the start of it.

Jeanne 3 is the one on the Airplane and you're right that one does own. The last one however has bullshit QTE's and and the worst style of arena for a Platinum game camera. And is preceded by one of the worst Space Harrier style levels Platinum's ever done. They're a lot better in W101, but boy was it terrible in Bayo 1.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 6, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

I am very disappointed we missed out on Cheney's extra cases. The plane trivia later on just won't be the same without context.

Yeah I would have LOVED to see more extra cases but holy poo poo Pat's loving intense screaming crying about "NO DO THE THING I WANT" was kind of ridiculous in part 3 and 4. Like yes I know the giant man is interesting but it will very obviously progress the overall plot along so we might miss some poo poo so have some loving patience. The most interesting thing in this so far are the characters and they're kind of just glossing over them and that's a bit disappointing.

It wouldn't be so bad if Pat weren't literally having a screaming fit over Liam dilly dallying for even a moment.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 6, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

These posts are the road to the Giant Bomb thread.

Good. Barons is 1000x times the poster any of us are!

(No seriously, it is OK to not like how someone is acting and express that opinion. This is nothing like the hilariously terrible posts in that thread. Just relax, man.)

Blockhouse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wEqlixNvA

this may be the best, dumbest video they've ever put out.

This is pretty great, too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh. I've said it before but I love SBF Pat, he's my favorite.....

Edit: this is the internet so let me make it clear I'm not talking about the whole channel, everyone in it or declaring war on Canada because of video games, just a few select playthroughs where I went "pat, bro, relax"

Yeah, same basically.

VVVVThis is funny because this is the bitchiest post in the thread. So congrats, you've taken the parody to it's full extent. I applaud you.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Thanks Matt for making me buy a video game for a system I don't want to own and will probably never own.

How could I not give Swery my energy.