Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Blockhouse posted:

I made a comment on a KOTOR video about how weird and lovely the Mission comments were getting and thirty minutes later had a racist, homophobic screed on the one video on my youtube account from a guy whose user name was the islamic anti-messiah

Every single social media comment I read about the 49ers football win today was about how Colin Kaepernik has finally been rightfully vanquished for hating America and also always being bad at football, usually with strong racial overtones involving near worship of Tom Brady for training The Great White Hope Jimmy Garrapolo. This is the world we live in now.

Thank god the Best Friends are Canadian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Blockhouse posted:

that is neither of those things

the idea canada is somehow free of racial inequality or crazy bigots is silly especially loving Quebec

I didn't mean to imply that, I'm just glad they're Canadian because Canada is relatively politically and societaly stable right now compared to Great Britain and The US, which are the three countries I get the bulk of my entertainment from. The current troubles are almost impossible to escape even in entertainment when it comes to the other two, while most of the Canadians who make stuff I watch are keeping themselves and their work as insulated as possible, and it's a relief for me. I would have said the same thing about Japan for that matter, and I lived in Japan for a year, I know how racist and awful they can be first hand.

EDIT: Also yeah, the lack of Football talk specifically in any foreign media I watch is hella nice given how things have gone in that realm this year.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Captain Invictus posted:

I also remember first hearing it on...YTMND. Almost 15 loving years ago. Jesus Christ.

Oh christ, that was a thing that existed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Rodyle posted:

EW EW PAT /LIKES/ BASTILLA GUH

Bastilla is a great character. LIKEABLE... that's something else.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm rewatching Bloodbourne, this is a really entertaining playthrough. They're fighting the Blood-Starved Beast right now, and the cracks starting to form between them over shared resources as they trade off control on each death after all their initial enthusiasm is pretty amusing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Andrast posted:

dbz was always good

Let's Go DBZ

Nilbop posted:

As if to placate you dorks and your semi-ironic championing of your favourite transformations, Plague has just put up another DB vid.

This time it’s about time travel.

Oh god yes, hook it up to my veins.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

theCalamity posted:

Is Kratos the song of ice and fire?

The real god of war was the friends me made along the way.

(that episode was hype, I lost my poo poo hard at the same time they did)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bingo Card Chat: Who has checked off Children and Noble Homeless? I personally consider it unfair to check it based on children alone, since I felt the implication was for both. I haven't given up on a Noble Homeless Who Loves Robots appearing just yet, so we'll see.

Also, does Markus' power to do art make HIM a magic minority? I feel like he's definitely going to be teaching some white androids to learn about the power inside themselves before this is over

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Shindragon posted:

God of War episode was worth it for this one bit early in the episode

Pat tries to side quest but the door is locked so the game even is like nah gently caress you go save your boi .Also BURNING BLADE.

No, it was actually worth it for the poo poo lost when MOTHA FUCKIN' ZEUUUUSSSSSS appeared. Also Wrestlemania Sign Giant Bird, both were moments when there was no poo poo to be found because it was so very lost

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

re: Detroit 12 Its amazing how a good actor can take a line as hackneyed as "I kill myself slowly because I'm too afraid to do it quickly," and make it hit. That whole scene is one of my favorites in the game so far despite the heaping pile of cliche, and I put it down entirely to the performances turning chicken poo poo into chicken salad

Also the fact that the Best Friends were apparently a very real factor in Metal Wolf XD makes me wonder just how much they personally moved the needle on the Yakuza series with their playthrough of 5 and Pat signal boosting it on the podcast. Seems like that was the precursor to a LOT of the play the series got on Youtube, just saying...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Shindragon posted:

Holy poo poo.

Also God of war episode is out. Pat is gonna pat.

He offscreen grind, and all his STRENGTH went up.

That Tekken 7 Finish Clash on the second attempt was the hypest poo poo

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SNAILIENS!

Also I guess the Angry Videogame Nerd is about to be ruined.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Kingdom Hearts story is great, it's literally the perfect synthesis of Square and Disney storytelling methods and themes. Anyone who can't appreciate something so absolutely earnest and serious about its dumb anime Feels-driven narrative and pointlessly convoluted lore and amazingly whimsical and childish sense of morality is just dead inside.

I'm stoked that they're playing this and probably 2 leading up to a KH3 LP. I would have never expected this to show up as a Best Friend's game even after they did FF10. It's gonna be a ride.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

RareAcumen posted:

I dunno, that sounds like too much Kingdom Hearts series in a row.

I'm not even a fan of Devil May Cry and I've been enjoying them gunning through the entire franchise in one go to prep for DMC4. I've enjoyed it pretty much every time they've done a deep dive on a whole franchise to prep for a new entry going back to the Lets Watch of the entire Yakuza backstory.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

nerdman42 posted:

I got no time for any series that doesn't 100% believe in itself, and nothing believes in itself more than Kingdom Hearts

That's a fuckin' quote of the day right there.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Treasure Planet is the best and I refuse to degrade it's awesomness just because the robot was obnoxious. Hunchback fans give it a pass despite the gargoyles all the time.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I would hope that Pat is saying stupid poo poo out of his dumb habit of digging in his heels on every time he feels like he's being attacked and that whatever percentage of his POV is correct is higher than the 'attacker,' regardless of how small that percentage actually is. There's a million examples of that over the years. I barely know Paige exists because I don't watch Pat's solo channel, but I do know that Pat is a stubborn fuckhead who never thinks before passive-aggressively lashing out even when he himself believes he might be dead wrong.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I hope I'm not the only one who when they said that King Triton needs to deal with the races that he captures properly, the first thing that popped into my head was "Blitzball."

Whats with the ocean and race wars?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

This is a deep blow. Like almost as deep as finding out jontron was a Nazi. Best friends is why I have more than half my youtube follows and Ive spent more hours watching and rewatching their content than pretty much any other entertainment since college. Times have been very dark the last 8 years or so, and one more of the things that helped me get through it is gone. This is the worst.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Woolie has always been my favorite Best Friend since he first appeared, so I really hope I can get into his solo channel. I tried a few of his early videos and just couldn't get into them the way I did his Best Friends videos. When he has someone to play off he's amazing, but when I've tried to watch him solo its just never clicked. If nothing else I can still see that old magic on the rebranded podcast.

I think the worst thing about this is that the Best Friends were always my little window into Fighting Games. I always loved them at a casual level for their aesthetics and character designs and bonkers story universes, but "serious," fighting play was intimidating and unappealing, as were the people that championed it generally. But the best friends, Woolie in particular, loved the same things I loved about fighting games but also made that higher level of play, mechanical comprehension, and community, actually seem inviting. The enthusiasm, non-toxicity and willingness to bridge the gap for those of us who didn't know anything about this poo poo was both infectious and downright educational.

I guess I can assume that I'll still get some of that window on the Castle Superbeast podcast, assuming it lasts and doesn't collapse during the transition, but SMS and FNF, Saltybet videos, and even just their general ability to bring a fighting game mindset into other games like Dark Souls or Character Action, that will be a lot harder if not impossible to replace.

EDIT: On the bright side I've been really starting to love Matt's solo channel, so I hope he keeps doing well there.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

CJacobs posted:

The channel is better served now as a time capsule for the Best Friends 'brand' anyway I think. No reason to put any more videos on it at all.

The fact that the very last video of the channel is a fade to white with a dramatic shout of "OH gently caress!" as Sora is killed by Ursula is oddly poetic.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

People keep going on about Woolie and Pats chemistry, but I'm probably going to miss Crime Time the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

ApeHawk posted:

re: vocabulary from SBFP

I can't stop saying "Wha happun?" thanks to Matt.

It perfectly encapsulates wanting to know what event transpired while not taking the situation seriously at all.

I do Whu Happun all the time.

Sand Bagging is also a part of my daily vocab. I've had to explain what it means to my students. I also picked up "salty," and "johns," from them, although of course those originated elsewhere.