Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Do not even ask posted:

I didn't see much of a problem with Godzilla Generations: MI. It looked like a decent on-rails shooter like Rez and it even had a bitchin soundtrack.

If this means we get those exclusive bosses like these two again I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It really is crazy that since the Gamecube no one has thought 'Godzilla fighting other monsters would be fun to do in our new systems'. Like, we skipped a whole generation without a Godzilla fighting game, this is horrible.

The Wii had one too. It just didn't control that great.

Improbable Lobster posted:

E: Wow, that Kaiju Combat thing still hasn't released a game? How many kickstarters has it had now?

One failure, one success, and another failure. At least they've got something kicking in beta now.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Solaris Knight posted:

So the Zaibatsu video was hype enough that I'm considering getting Xenoverse. Is this a good idea?

By DBZ game standards its probably in the top 3 released yet, and once the inevitable sequels add a metric fuckton of characters like Tenkaichi 3 and Raging Blast 2 did it'll probably be the undisputed best series so far.

Outside of DBZ game standards, its a fun and satisfying beat-em-up with some irritatingly grindy mechanics dragging it down a bit. I'd definitely recommend it, but its not gonna be redefining the face of gaming.

If you have no patience for grind I'd stay away, though. Even as someone who loves the game that hovers a bit close to dealbreaker territory for me, and a "we're sorry we'll fix the rng fuckery" patch would make the game so, so much better.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

HGH posted:

I think all the sperm has somehow caused them to lose track of things.
I just wanna see the dancing zombie T-Rex already.

All I can imagine is the vengeful spirit of Brodus Clay, furiously dancing at the protagonists.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Tupperwarez posted:

Now I'm imagining a subquest where you kill 10 different versions of Vegeta to make a legendary Namekian turban out of his hair.

Edit: You can only loot his hair if you headshot him with a Destructo Disk at 25% health or lower. Destructo Disk has a 10% chance to dismember. Have fun.

Honestly, you're joking, but the sad thing is Xenoverse actually has that level of RNG fuckery when at its worst. The combat's satisfying and rarely takes long, so I don't mind the grind nearly as much, but if you're ever looking for a specific drop its gonna wear heavily.

Of course, then I do so good on the mission my boss Captain Ginyu gleefuly informs me he's gonna invent a whole new pose in my honor and take me out for chocolate parfaits. That makes everything worth it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
It definitely wasn't what I expected, but turbopegasi and Cavaliers On Motorcycles seems like it'll at least be interesting.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Tae posted:

You mean besides the long running super robot wars?

Isn't that more of a tactics game than a straight up RPG?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Pat the Liar Stole My Playstation.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

CJacobs posted:

Will the Best Friends ever get off that goddamn boat

If they do, Kenny steals it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, I can understand if they wanted to keep a Paypal open in case others wanted to donate after the fact. This, however, is just flat-out "give us more please."

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Have the Best Friends mentioned Air Bud Entertainment movie Russellmania Madness on their Podcast at all?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Can somebody make a gif of the chair kick? The whole sequence was probably the highlight of Episode 5 so far.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Kimmalah posted:

You mean the table kick that was so good Liam replayed it? I don't remember a chair kick.

That's the one I'm thinking of, yeah. It was amazing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
It better have the dam level in it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I think that's a fair decision. Honestly, seeing the game slowly morph into Guilty Gear and pretending nothing was changing would have been hilarious.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I can't believe he stole Woolie's Hulk doll.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I can only hope that, even if you guys never touch it, Woolie keeps saying it's name. Something about his delivery of "Bleetzball" always cracks me up.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
The fish people stuff made a long, bland battle scene hilarious as hell. And then they started talking about Sin and the episode went from hilarious to amazing.

I'm with Matt, can we get art of Sin replacing Jecht in that one Tidus nightmare?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Imagine Sin, flawlessly pulling off the Jecht Shot.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

It's more beautiful than I ever imagined :allears:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Sounds like Wakka and Big the Cat have a lot to talk about.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

TheRealestMatt posted:

What the gently caress is shuffle? Isn't it like Mario Party?

Oh, this is gonna be good.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
The marking out over the T.K.O. was fantastic. Perfect way to end the video.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm sad we never got Bonus Strength vs SFII Bricks. I didn't actually see a timer during the fight against Bonus Car, so I would've laughed if this just lead to an unbreakable infinite loop.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Justice Sloth posted:

In the mean time, you could always just emulate Digimon World for the PS1. The one with the innovative feature of the invisible value that determines whether the training minigames are literally unwinnable or not! :colbert: I wish I was joking.

Wait, really unwinnable? I remember reading about severe levels of jank, but not this.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Mystic Mongol posted:

When a series is dead, it's time to sell out as hard as you can.

Lets be fair, these commercials rule.

Their DBZ ones were great.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Farg posted:

Ok but I still don't get what tidus is

Hungry.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I was disappointed by the lack of Hawlucha but Chandelure was a very good leftfield choice. Too bad there aren't any Ice types on the roster though.

There's Weavile.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I think it's the tiny hand on the pose that makes it feel so bad. The foreshortening gives him a weird baby arm.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Conversely Goku Putting a hit on himself so he could fight Hit sounds really, really stupid. Like even by, like, TFS legally retarded Goku standards.

Death has no meaning thanks to the Dragon Nalls, Hit is super hard to get in touch with, and he's the strongest guy Goku's fought. In context its brilliant.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'd say the earlier FE games, with their lategame prepeomotes, less intensive support systems, and unique death endings, facilitated permadeath way more than Awakening. Especially considering the kids.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I am all for old master and father figure Roshi rounding out the cast in an important way and bringing back that original Dragon Ball spark. I just wish they left the early anime perv shtick at the door instead of making it twice as bad.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I dunno about you guys, but I'm getting my daily dose of Liam from the Flophouse. Life is Strange has been pretty drat fun so far.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
A "man, gently caress this" *smash cut to Green Greens* would've totally worked to cap a Machinima episode. I can see why for a long form LP its a major bummer, though.

Still, I will not argue with more Bully.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I mean, there are definitely creepy extremes a lot of adult male fans go to for showing their love of little girl characters. But Tiki's design itself ain't bad.

Now, the trainwreck of Nowi's outfit, or whoever decided your kid sisters in Fates should be allowed to get pregnant and tossed in the Hyperbolic Baby Chamber. That is the real Fire Emblem creepy cringe.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Both Honaka and Elise are adults.

Xander even at one point telling Elise to act her age and behave like the adult she is.

Aka the only line in the game where she isn't called a little girl. A line that's also missing in the Japanese version, and is actually "adult you apparently are."

Yeah, that's a desperate life raft from the Western translation team if ever I saw one.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

RareAcumen posted:

Should've gone with something like 'Act your age instead of your height, for once '

That's actually a clever line. Not bad.

And honestly, I'm fine with younger chars being pairable in FE games, provided their options are age appropriate. It can be done cutely and inoffensively, especially since it usually just details endings at a nebulous point in the future. But making it so characters explicity get pregnant and tossed in a baby incubating dimension raises so many questions that really, really never needed to be answered.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
How about the fact that the game's same sex rep starts and ends at creepy stalker and creepy sadomasochist. And on top of the whole divided across versions thing, you don't even get the series lesbian character unless a specific character has a kid.

And said character is basically an even shittier Ricken.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. When Marth, Lucina, Ike, Roy, and Corrin all fit that same mold, its hard not for it to feel samey. Especially from a series as varied as Fire Emblem. It'd be like if the Pokemon reps were just the 7 Fire type starters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Oxxidation posted:

matt's continued heresy against loader bot is only balanced out by his resigned acceptance at loader bot treating him like poo poo

I'm glad I get to see the dialogue for treating Loader Bot badly, but he still deserves way better.