Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

Solaris Knight posted:

Sony just said Transistor and Yakuza 4 among others are free on PS+ next month. Is 4 a good place to start, because I really wanna play Yakuza so Pat's shilling is not in vain.

It's not a bad place to start if you can't help it, but it's best to play the other games first. The recaps can tell you stuff, but all they'll really do is spoil the other games if you ever intend to play them. I played 4 first because it was the most convenient one to get, and I regret it.

Although if you go through with playing 4 first anyway, I can't really fault you, because Yakuza 2 is hard to get. They really need to give us 1 & 2 HD already so that starting the series from the beginning can be a more viable option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I decided to buy the current $5 build of Strength of the Sword. It's... not nearly as good as Woolie and Liam led me to believe. It honestly feels kind of clunky and unpolished. The excessive use of slow motion only serves to make things confusing, most of my attacks look the same so it's hard to tell exactly where in a combo I am, and sometimes the combos flat out don't work. At one point, the game told me how to do the blade storm move. I did exactly the button combination I was told, and I ended up doing a grab. It told me I did it correctly anyway.

Also, the hits are not satisfying at all. Most of the time, it doesn't even look like my sword is connecting with my target. There's no sound for it either, at least as far as I can tell.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Huh, I think Strength of the Sword finally clicked for me. Now I'm doing way better and enjoying it a lot more. I still think the hits should be made more satisfying in the main game though.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Oh yeah, SotS's camera also needs some fixing. There was a point where I got corner trapped and lost half of my health because the camera was stuck in the wall and I couldn't tell what I was supposed to do. They should just do the God Hand thing where the wall doesn't even appear if the camera is behind it, because being able to see what's in front of you takes priority over everything.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

hoobajoo posted:

Yeah, what a passive-aggressive baby. Waah, I wasn't invited as a guest on a show that never has guests, senpai didn't notice me, waaaaah.

"They didn't notice or didn't care" is a pretty neutral response to not getting a reply. I have absolutely no idea how you got the impression that he was being a baby.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

HGH posted:

It's weird but it seemed like Woolie disliked it being low budget. Unless he was being facetious at the end of that video.

He was clearly joking.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Wow, I can't believe Woolie is such a scrub at Eyes of Heaven. He thinks that square square square square is the only combo, when really there's that plus square triangle, square square triangle, square square square triangle, and square combo cancelled into special move. How will the FGC ever accept him after this blunder?

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

CaptainFish posted:

Liam also said, regarding an earlier Gunvolt release, something like "It's not that I don't like it, I just don't want to play it" I lost my mind about that. What do words even mean?

There is such a thing as appreciating something from a distance.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

Man. This last guardian video is fantastic. I totally understand them not wanting to do an lp of it, but that doesn't make me not want one :(

The main thing I didn't like about that video is Pat telling Woolie how to give Trico the "move over there" command, even though you're not supposed to know about that yet and I don't think it even works that early in the game. Woolie tried relying on it even though it basically never worked.

That said, I would still love a full LP of The Last Guardian. Sure, it would be absolutely filled with "what the gently caress is wrong with you the solution is RIGHT THERE ARE YOU BLIND" moments, but I think it would be worth it to see them experience the game's best moments.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

This one is my favourite for just how strong the backdown is. Plus it's the full game in one video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6fAQoxv4Y

I was so frustrated when I showed this to other people, and the general response was "wow nothing happened" and "so what was the villain? what was the threat?".

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

H A T T A M posted:

I went to watch the Nulocke finale and that poo poo is GONE. I don't have twitter and don't listen to every podcast; have they said if site-only content is gonna be re-uploaded?

I once heard that they were planning to do something, but I never got a source on that and I haven't heard anything since.

I don't want the E3 2015 and PSX 2014 videos to be gone forever.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I don't understand Paige at all. What the hell makes her think they were concern trolling? Does she just think people who are nice to her are legit, but people who challenge her beliefs or tell her she's wrong are just trolls trying to bring her down, and that telling them to gently caress off makes her cool and tough? I'm so confused.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

God, I forgot about the evolution of the video titles and intros/outros.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Wow. Not gonna lie, this is a TERRIBLE point in my life for this to be happening during. I physically can't play games myself, but it was always nice seeing these shitlords do it for me, and I always found their commentary entertaining, even when they lacked the ability to actually play the game well. Now I can't even get that, save for occasional crossovers between their solo channels. Here's hoping they continue the KH playthrough on Woolie or Matt's channel.

Not too shocked Pat (and possibly Paige) seems to be a big reason why this happened, though. He always came off as somebody that's fun to know about from a distance without actually dealing with him.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I don't understand why so many people are so quick to demonize Liam. Are they still mad that he left 2 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

sirtommygunn posted:

It's just part of Your Parents's gimmick that he assumes nice internet people are secretly monsters, and that, despite years of being in the spotlight, we're only seconds away from the secret pedophile ring being revealed. See also his posts on Travis Mcelroy.

I actually didn't even see his post yet. I was referring to various other stuff I've seen, like one guy on Twitter claiming that Liam has NO EMPATHY for SBFP fans and that he's MOCKING them. Or that he was lying all along about leaving for mental health reasons and really it was because of a falling out with Pat.