Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreydn
Nov 6, 2012
I have added everyone so far.
My Friend Code is 0662-4091-4819.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreydn
Nov 6, 2012
I basically rushed him down

I used two pirates with sword magic, one white mage with perfomer and a ranger with sword magic.
Spend the first 3 turns buffing your group.

The perfomer uses Love Rush and heals if necesarry, the rest applies lightning to their attacks.
Then just default for two turns or apply any other buffs you have.
(I don't know if he is susceptible to debuffs while his shield is up but you could try shell split with a pirate.)

On the fourth turn brave with everyone and user their special + 3 x Double Damage and the ranger uses special + 3 x Demon Slayer or Targeting.
The White Mage Mage uses Areo on him.

This should be enough to beat him if you get some crits. He only has about 40000 - 50000 HP.

Dreydn
Nov 6, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Does anyone have any tactics or strategies for (Chapter 4 Sidequest Spoiler) the Dragons I need to beat in order to lock up the castle? I could use some help regarding those.

Tactic

Depending on their Element (and the Job situation for exploiting them) I used two different Strategies.

1. You can't utilize their elemental weakness

For this strategy you need to be able to survive one Breath Attack or Bite without having the elemental weakness.

Group:
Physical Damage Job/Pirate
Physical Damage Job/Ranger
Physical Damage Job/Ranger or Performer depending on wether you can survive a breath attack with just elemental resist accessories or abate element.
Spiritmaster/White Mage with Healing Lore and Holy One

If you have the right equipment to use Pirate and Ranger as the main job you can give them Performer abilities to buff your Group.

The dragons only have 3 abilities:
Bite - Physical Damage
Apply Elemental Weakness to all
Breath Attack

Your Pirate either reduces the dragons Magic Attack or Physical Attack depending on what is more dangerous to your group.
The Performer buffs your defense, here again depending on your Setup. My group had a lot of physical defense so went with the magic stats.
Your Spiritmaster uses Convert BP.
And now you just chip away at him use you Pirate to reduce his physical/magic attack and physical defense.
The Perfomer should either try to keep the defense buff active or deal damage.
And your Ranger just constantly chips away his health with Targeting or Dragon Slayer.
Your Healer just keeps the group alive but try to store up 3 BP on him with convert BP or default.

Just keep doing this until he applies the elemental weakness to your group
Then use either Enigma or Spirit Ward with your Spiritmaster to negate the coming breath attack.

And then rinse and repeat until dead.

2. You can utilize their elemental weakness

This one is generally faster

Group:
Pirate/Spell Fencer
Ranger/Spell Fencer
Ranger/Spell Fencer or Performer depending on whether you can survive a breath attack with just elemental resist accessories or abate element.
Spiritmaster/White Mage with Healing Lore and Holy One

Apply the correct element to your weapons. The Spiritmaster saves up 3 Bp with Convert Bp or default.
And then you use your Pirate to constantly apply debuffs to him and your Rangers attack with either Targeting or Dragon Slayer.

Just keep doing this until he applies the elemental weakness to your group
Then use either Enigma or Spirit Ward with your Spiritmaster to negate the coming Breath Attack.

And again repeat until dead.

Edit: I can't spell.

Dreydn fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 12, 2013

Dreydn
Nov 6, 2012
Late Chapter 6 Spoilers

I just discovered that some letters from the subtitle fade away on the title screen and reveal "airy lies".

That is a really nice touch.

Dreydn
Nov 6, 2012
So, I just hit the actual damge limit.

The level 3 specials are insanely strong, especially when you combine them with the monk ability natural talent for 828 physical attack.

Dreydn fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 13, 2013

Dreydn
Nov 6, 2012
Not really.
You can use moves with multiple distinct attacks such as dual wield regular attacks or the dark knight's rage ability, to somewhat get around the limit.

I just found myself relying more and more on multi target abilities or ones with certain special effects, such as attack down to keep my group alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreydn
Nov 6, 2012
Last chapter spoiler.

Has anyone managed to beat the secret boss on hard?

I have beaten every boss and sub-scenario on hard so far and the secret boss on normal but I just can't beat him on hard.
I can take him down to about 300000 hp but sooner or later he gets lucky with dispel/crits and one shots me.

The only semi-reliable strategy I can think of is to abuse Stillnes and damage him between recasting it, but i haven't been able to pull it off and I'm running out of Megaelexirs.

• Locked thread