Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

So isn't this more likely to be an April fools joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Deadline is apparently reporting cancellation. For gently caress's sake, Fox. :(

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Can't say I'm suprised, but I'm sad.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Haven't finished the rest of S1 but I guess I don't have much cause to now.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

omg chael crash posted:

Haven't finished the rest of S1 but I guess I don't have much cause to now.

Except, you know, the fact that it's good television?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/29/almost-human-canceled-fox/

Crud. Even with the shuffled episodes it was a pretty decent show.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This blows.

Fox eats all the dicks, every last one.

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption

Error 404 posted:

This blows.

Fox eats all the dicks, every last one.

Fuckin A. I hate Fox so much.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

movax posted:

What the gently caress, why is JJ Trek chat here?

Because even Enterprise lasted longer than Almost Human.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Guess it's time to go kickstart a new Dredd movie...

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Man, ain't that some horrible bullshit.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

At least the season finale was a nice way to wrap things up :(

I was really hoping for a season two though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I guess you could say Season 2...

didn't have a leg to stand on.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
First Firefly, then Terra Nova, and now Almost Human. I think someone at Fox really doesn't like science fiction.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Except for that part where they kept Fringe alive for 5 seasons despite bad ratings.

Let's not be too ridiculous here. I really liked this show but it wasn't some crazy fan favorite that Fox unjustly cancelled. I would've loved to see where they were going with things, but not every show can just be given 2-3 seasons to see if it finds its legs before being cancelled. For what it's worth at least it kind of sounds like they were thinking of ways to save it rather than outright cancelling it mid-season or something.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
gently caress yourselves, Fox :mad:

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

VDay posted:

Except for that part where they kept Fringe alive for 5 seasons despite bad ratings.

Let's not be too ridiculous here. I really liked this show but it wasn't some crazy fan favorite that Fox unjustly cancelled. I would've loved to see where they were going with things, but not every show can just be given 2-3 seasons to see if it finds its legs before being cancelled. For what it's worth at least it kind of sounds like they were thinking of ways to save it rather than outright cancelling it mid-season or something.

Olivia Dunham is Rupert Murdoch's niece.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

wooger posted:

Olivia Dunham is Rupert Murdoch's niece.

The idea that Ruper loving Murdoch would a) watch TV enough to know what Fox is showing and b) actually phone down to someone and order them to not cancel a TV show is pretty loving silly.

And that's if you ignore the fact that Anna Torv apparently had a really bad relationship with her father, which is why she doesn't advertise her connection to Murdoch.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Ah, bollocks.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Fox you PIECE OF poo poo :argh:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Well, crap. I hope they release more info about the world and where they were going with things.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

David D. Davidson posted:

First Firefly, then Terra Nova, and now Almost Human. I think someone at Fox really doesn't like science fiction.

I dunno man, Terra Nova? That show was really bad and doesn't belong with the other two.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I dunno man, Terra Nova? That show was really bad and doesn't belong with the other two.

This. It takes some real effort to make dinosaurs boring, but they somehow managed to do it.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
When I think of Terra Nova, I think of when I doubled over laughing at the horrible CGI in that scene where they were fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoBqX7IhDY

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Nooooooo :(

Fox had gotten my hopes back up a bit by letting Fringe reach some kind of finale. Now they're dashed once again. Sorry, Karl :(

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

jedibeavis posted:

When I think of Terra Nova, I think of when I doubled over laughing at the horrible CGI in that scene where they were fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoBqX7IhDY

Wow, that fish looks like it's from some b-movie jaws knockoff/parody.

rip Almost Human, that sucks :(

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That fish could fit right into a Sharknado with no one the wiser.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm really bummed. I hoped to see more banter next season.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
I wonder if it would be worth campaigning for someone like Netflix to pick it up, or is it just too FX heavy for that?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'd wonder about rights issues at that point. Hopefully show creators are getting to the point in contract negotiations so if a network cancels them, they're free to move to another network.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

VDay posted:

Lets not be too ridiculous here. I really liked this show but it wasn't some crazy fan favorite that Fox unjustly cancelled.

Yeah but it was a weekly dose of Karl Urban and that was nice.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Haha, this series is just about to start here in UK next week, and I learn that it's been cancelled.

Does it end on a cliffhanger or does it work as a satisfying complete story?

(I don't mind if it leaves some questions open, I just don't to be going 'aaargh!' at the end of the last episode.)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Netflix picked up the Killing for two seasons, even after it had been canceled twice before.

Although that was given the opportunity for netflix users to watch the first few seasons and get interest going.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

your evil twin posted:

Haha, this series is just about to start here in UK next week, and I learn that it's been cancelled.

(I don't mind if it leaves some questions open, I just don't to be going 'aaargh!' at the end of the last episode.)

It has an end, but it feels sort of a mid-season end that serves as a jumping off point for the second half-season. Frankly, I think whatever mytharc they were working on wasn't nearly as entertaining as the banter between the two leads. I'd watch a show where they just sit in a car and talk poo poo to eachother for an hour.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

your evil twin posted:

The ending was nice, no cliffhangers.

The show dropped the plot considerably. It REALLY lost its focus due in part to being aired out of order, but also because they just didn't have any particular plot stuff to follow. It was a great show to watch two character friends talk to one another (my favorite parts, to be honest :allears), but ultimately a pretty poor show in terms of actual story, overall.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
We can't have nice things.

Next you are going to tell me that Dads will get renewed.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I knew as soon as I saw new posts in this thread I was going to be sad. My testicles were still at full capacity, and now Fox will not let me release. Blue-balled I say!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's really kinda hard to judge a show on overall story when it only got 13 episodes to start with. Just look at Arrow last year. It was starting to pick up steam by episode 13, but it still had a lot of rough patches and just came off the first Huntress appearance.

It's also not like this was REALLY low rated either. It wasn't a breakout hit, but it pretty much stayed neck and neck with The Following which managed to get renewed.

This was expected, but still disappointing. I'm sure the two back to back month long gaps in the airing schedule didn't help things. I really wonder how things would have gone if this premiered with Sleepy Hollow with them kept together in the schedule.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

PassTheRemote posted:

We can't have nice things.

Next you are going to tell me that Dads will get renewed.

YOU SHUT UP RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Drifter posted:

It REALLY lost its focus due in part to being aired out of order

Holy poo poo, no it did not. The only noticeable result of the airing order is that Kennex is inexplicably cold to Dorian after a couple episodes of being best buds. If someone hadn't come here and told everyone that the episodes were aired out of order, nobody would have guessed.

• Locked thread