Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
My PS4 arrived and I can't wait to get home. Leaving early today to play some buttery smooth NBA 2K14 running at 60 fps. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Policenaut posted:

Hey guys, are you ready for more reveals?! Well Spike TV's Video Game Awards thing is coming December 7th and will have some world exclusives. They'll probably never top the Metal Gear Rising reveal but hey aim for the stars, kids.

The VGAs are absolutely terrible as TV, for god's sake if you want to see these announcements either have the mute button handy so you can just ignore all the awards crap, follow a thread here, or just catch up on them the next day.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

gibbed posted:

GiantBomb are streaming, currently exploring the UI.

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb
Haha watching/listening to these guys do pretty much anything is so great. They are exactly like the guys I know when we all sit around and just talk about games and talk poo poo and criticize everything while also getting excited about everything.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Welp, Battlefield crashed again in the middle of a mission and now my save file is corrupt. I'll try again in a bit but might just return this for AC4 or something

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Really, really liking the OP overall.

As a few suggestions to fill it out:
- The use of the web store to do things is extremely helpful, especially when you integrate it with the great PS+ thread. I think it would be a good idea to include a blurb about PS+, including its requirement for multiplayer, the free Instant Game Collections, and a link to our ongoing and fantastic PS+ thread.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3540077
It also might be worthwhile to mention that current PS+ subscribers can benefit from the free PS4 games even if they don't yet own a PS4.

- For as long as it remains a meme, probably best to have a blurb about the wobble. http://kotaku.com/no-the-ps4-doesnt-have-a-wobbling-problem-1463857601
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1cZjmx7qfM

- I would tweak the FAQ element about "Do I have to connect my PS4 online?" with a note that you can update to 1.5 via USB through safe mode.

- If you want to include an attract video for the OP, the Greatness Awaits Montage from the launch event is a pretty good "wait, what was that, wanna play that" video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZ4WKzFPEY

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Red Warrior posted:

The VGAs are absolutely terrible as TV, for god's sake if you want to see these announcements either have the mute button handy so you can just ignore all the awards crap, follow a thread here, or just catch up on them the next day.

Or scroll through the goon thread and look for the :siren:'s

With bonus "why the gently caress did I watch that" posts at the end. (Middle and beginning too)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mine arrived at the office but we can't find an extension cord and it can't reach both a power outlet and the only HDMI-capable TV without it. Welp.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God streaming is effortless. I ran through the start of Contrast for some friends and it was just so so much fun

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I want to watch game streams but don't want to spoil them for myself!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Keep on chuggin', Infinity Ward. :v:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Still waiting for UPS. Just added a bunch of people from the list that I recognized from the thread. When you sign up for streaming, do you set up a Twitch account then or do you link one you've made previously?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Playroom introduction is the most ridiculously scifi/TECHNOLOGY gently caress YEAH thing I've ever seen. I love this console.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
Cancelled my pre-order a month ago or so, and was suddenly regretting it last night. Woke up this morning, called GameStop. They were open early with one PS4 up for grabs. Walked the three blocks and picked it up with AC4 and FIFA. I've never really enjoyed (watching OR playing) any team sports, but FIFA is super fun.

Haven't had any issues so far. Haven't tried to wobble it, but it seems stable enough.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Robawesome posted:

Welp, Battlefield crashed again in the middle of a mission and now my save file is corrupt. I'll try again in a bit but might just return this for AC4 or something

Is anyone else having these issues with BF4?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Robawesome posted:

BF4 is notoriously bug/crash prone.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Policenaut posted:

BF4 is notoriously bug/crash prone.

Well at least it's not just me I guess. I've still got three days to swap it out for whatever reason but if I lose my progress completely again I'm done.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Robawesome posted:

Oh you mean that game made by :dice:?

Just play some Killzone, leave BF4 alone for a bit.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Robawesome posted:

Lots of people are. Crashing, losing save progress in campaign, etc. Lots of issues. Similar to the PC launch.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Have not been able to play a single game of conquest in Battlefield 4. Team Death match works great though and is a lot of fun.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

VanillaGorilla posted:

Seriously though :dice: made a great game then totally hosed it up with technical issues.

So business as usual then.

Bombadilillo posted:

Launch day is single player day.

Yeah, if you think of it along these lines, you'll be a lot less frustrated.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably waiting six months or when Infamous Second Sons is out, but has any word on more upgraded to PS4 games coming along? Is it still going to be a "Cloud" stream of PS3 and prior disc games, or it will just be patched to work on the system like Flower?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

A reminder (posted this the last thread), Twitch has a list of all streams being done through the in-game share button.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/ps4

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Hey guys, are you ready for more reveals?! Well Spike TV's Video Game Awards thing is coming December 7th and will have some world exclusives. They'll probably never top the Metal Gear Rising reveal but hey aim for the stars, kids.

The impression I got from that Spike shitshow last night was they were just trying to boost the network's ratings by promising some earth shattering announcement. I feel like I wasted an hour of my life watching that. I'll wait for this thread to inevitably blow up if there's any actual announcements of note on 12/7.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sorry, this has been tough for me to glean from previews and stuff: Does anyone know if you can plug in earbuds that have a mic (like the latest iphone set, for instance) into the controller and use that for both voicechat and game audio?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

AndrewP posted:

Sorry, this has been tough for me to glean from previews and stuff: Does anyone know if you can plug in earbuds that have a mic (like the latest iphone set, for instance) into the controller and use that for both voicechat and game audio?
If it plugs into the standard 3.5mm jack, yes.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

AndrewP posted:

A goon yesterday said his apple buds were fully functional. Cant confirm personally.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
For anyone who's got their PS4,
I've got boundless curiosity about a lot of things that were a little vague before launch:
- Can you actually get full game audio to come out of the controller speaker? I think I've read you can do it for the earbud headphone but I wasn't sure if you could with the controller speaker.
- With the game DVR, it doesn't seem like there's an option to record a voice over for an edited clip. It seems you can include your mic audio when recording but I'm not seeing the ability to record your audio after the fact in editing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ape Agitator posted:

- With the game DVR, it doesn't seem like there's an option to record a voice over for an edited clip. It seems you can include your mic audio when recording but I'm not seeing the ability to record your audio after the fact in editing.

I don't know about item 1, but various reviews have noted that this is not possible.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Ultimate Mango posted:

I'm looking forward to the PS4 but I don't know that there are any games I want for it.

Ha, I'm in the same boat. I want to jump ship to the PS4 but the launch games don't really interest me. I still should probably get one so I don't accidentally buy an Xbone if any of those games jump out at me.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Picked mine up last night, stood around in line for about 2 hours for it, by the time I actually got into the EBgames my feet were frozen and I had to take off my shoes to warm them up. In the future I won't wear heels to a console midnight launch.

I couldn't get on PSN till about 6am, but that's to be expected, it's running incredibly smoothly now. Picked up Knack before the console was out and picked up the CE of AC4 while I was in line. Really enjoying that, feels more like 2 than 2.2/2.5 and I skipped 3. Also, I don't know if it's just me but the PS4 has such clarity that I don't need to have my glasses on to play things. Which is somewhat of a first.

I can't wait for things like Transistor and Octodad to come out, I'm also somewhat wondering if there will be an "upgrade to the PS4 edition" for Diablo III, because as underwhelming as that was I'd like to have more PS4 games.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I entered my BF4 preorder code into PSN and it's not letting me download the battlepack. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Ape Agitator posted:

For anyone who's got their PS4,
I've got boundless curiosity about a lot of things that were a little vague before launch:
- Can you actually get full game audio to come out of the controller speaker? I think I've read you can do it for the earbud headphone but I wasn't sure if you could with the controller speaker.

I went through the settings at lunch, and I don't believe this is possible.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Robawesome posted:

I can't access the multiplayer at all in BF4 right now. All it tells me is "You must be signed in to Playstation Network and EA servers to access online features." I'm assuming the servers are completely hosed at the moment.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

StyleFresh posted:

Mine was delayed in shipment in Sparks, NV. They routed it to Reno, NV instead of Sacramento, CA because apparently (and in the words of a UPS rep) my apartment number, 201, confused them.

Party-lined with UPS and Amazon support for a while. UPS claims they can't do a Saturday delivery for it and Amazon checked to see if they could do an overnight replacement for Saturday delivery but can't because they are out of stock.

Guess I took Friday-Sunday off for nothing. I also won't be home on Monday because I'll be either working or in class from 9-6 everyday and UPS is notorious for "attempting delivery" at the front porch of our apartment building and making me rent a zipcar to pick it up across town. I'd get X Rebirth but I spent way too much money on this poo poo. She offered to refund it instantly and return the shipment but it would still take until next week to receive the funds and I don't have a spare $430 lying around.

Tracking for mine says it's still sitting in an Amazon warehouse. I'm holding out for the tracking to be bad and it will be there when I get home. If not... :(

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I have this PS3 headset and it won't work post-patch. When I plug in the USB the system says 'this device is not supported'. I thought I read somewhere that USB headsets would work after the patch?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053OLY9O/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

I can't access the multiplayer at all in BF4 right now. All it tells me is "You must be signed in to Playstation Network and EA servers to access online features." I'm assuming the servers are completely hosed at the moment.

Is the single player still messed up. My PS3 version was useless as far as single player goes. I couldn't get past the first level without it freezing and I'd lose all my progress. I stopped trying in hopes that the PS4 version is fixed.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Why are the PS4 voice commands so fascinating and entertaining to me. :allears:

It's just fun to have it jump through a ton of menues to something mundane because I told it to.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
So here's a random question:

What do the colors on the console's top LED represent?

Mine appears white during normal operation so I assume that's it's default, and it turns yellow while on standby. What does blue mean then?

(I also know from the earlier reports that red means overheating. Are there other colors?

macnbc fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 15, 2013

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Robawesome posted:

Looks like EA is throwing Sony's 1.5 update up there as the main culprit for the BF4 issues people are seeing.
(Though, I agree that it's a :dice: game and well...they are generally pretty bad on day1)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...campaign=Buffer

Copy/Paste for those who don't wanna give GI more money :
“This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player's console and their TV Screen,” EA writes. “Unfortunately since it's an issue with Sony's firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more.”

Are people seeing these issues with the other PS4 launch titles? I haven't had a chance to hook my PS4 up yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jows
May 8, 2002

So how long do you think it will take for Sony to add DLNA support? Was it out of the box on the PS3 or did they add it later? (I got my PS3 in May 2008, so it had been out for a while.) My buddy's PS3 died so I was thinking of giving/selling mine to him and getting a PS4, but if I can't replicate all it's functionality there will be hell to pay from the girlfriend.

• Locked thread