Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Clearly you have gara, so I would suggest just... use gara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That build is fine-ish, you're kind of half leaning in to different forms of defense that don't all heavily compliment each other but I guess your ability to focus more on any one of them depends on what mods you have.

Rolling Guard is extremely strong but it requires you to be on top of your shield gating and rolling. If you're really on top of it you don't need the extra armor and health, but in order to do this you'll probably want to run Brief Respite alongside Rolling Guard so you can get shields back when you use abilities during Rolling Guard's invincibility period. There's also a shield mod that's definitely new since you've come back, Catalyzing Shields which gives you a slightly longer shield gate duration. I never really go down this route so I don't know if people like Catalyzing Shields or not, it gives you the larger shield gate window but also gives you more shields and I know people would do things like running a specific dragon key in order to lower their max shields in order to more easily completely restore their shields, thereby giving them the full shield gate window instead of a reduced one from having their shields deplete when they had only half restored.

Either way shield gating with rolling guard, etc, alone can be an extremely strong defense, and sometimes all people use, but you're also running extra health and arcane guardian for extra armor. You could be running other things for more power efficiency, more range, more duration, etc. Or you could drop the shield gating entirely and focus more on health and armor because Vauban can get a good amount of bonus armor from Bastille. I also don't know if people like running Repelling Bastille over any other utility or ability stat buff mod, but it seems fine to me. And Spectrosiphon with the subsumed Gara ability is still a great method of printing energy orbs, especially on Vauban where you can just stack it on top of Bastille and Vortex.

All that being said, I don't really play Vauban but getting lit up out in Orb Vallis might simply be a factor of that zone being a large open world and Vauban performing better when he can lock down entire room tiles in more traditional missions but won't perform exceedingly well in the large open world zones. I don't know.

Either way it looks ~fine~ but not optimized, and not hyper focused on any one type of survivability. If you don't have Brief Respite (and maybe Catalyzing Shields) you could drop Rolling Guard for Umbral Fiber and try to always have your bonus armor from Bastille running. This would pair well with Adaptation as well. Or you keep Rolling Guard, pick up either of it's complementary mods from clan chat, and run Arcane Barrier instead of Arcane Guardian to focus more on always having full shields and being invincible from shield gating. This would allow you to drop Umbral Vitality as well. You might also want to take a look at your operator and focus schools, you can get a good amount of healing or invincibility from their as well.

Also you're running Mobilize which, hey, definitely feels nice but you could get more range or other utility out of that eximus slot depending on what mods you have. But again I don't really play Vauban so someone else can chime in with what to replace there.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 19, 2024

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Thanks for the advice, all. I took Vauban to an exterminate mission, utilized rolling guard and shield gating, which I forgot was a thing, then proceeded to lay waste like a true Tenno, locking down entire rooms. I'm just gonna have to ease back into things.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

central dogma posted:

I'm back after 2+ years and 5,000 unread posts. Getting my absolute poo poo kicked in on Orb Vallis with Vauban Prime, who I thought was pretty survivable. I'm guessing I'm just out of practice. I don't remember what I was doing with this build, but could someone look it over and let me know if it's decent?

I would get rid of Repelling Bastille, replace that with Adaptation. You have a Health mod and a flat armor Arcane, so Adaptation will give you multiplicative damage reduction for your effective hitpoints. To improve that further, grab an Aura Forma (or a 3 pack is much more plat efficient), change Sprint Boost to Aerodynamic (you can replace Sprint Boost with Amalgam Serration on a rifle if you don't use it already), there's a bunch of airborne damage reduction mods you can stack up to 90% (like the Exilus mod Aviator), those will multiply with Adaptation and put you past the damage most enemies can sustain.

I also use Spectrosiphon on Vauban. Remember that his Tether Coil has 20m base range compared to Vortex's 10m. So you're supposed to always have 4 Tether Coils at the perimeter of the range of Vortex. If you have 200% range, then Vortex will have a 20m pull, go to each of those corners and place Tether coils which have their own 40m pull, and the Tether Coils will grab the enemies first then "hand them off" to the Vortex. Then you'll be covering like a 60+ meter radius which is more suitable in Open World as there's not much incoming damage beyond that range. Flechette Orbs scale with enemy level and will kill anything with a modest amount of armor strip.

edit: Baro is back with Primed Fever Strike, Jolt, Vastilok, and the Butt Hood.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 19, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Say less, thats free money.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

central dogma posted:

I'm back after 2+ years and 5,000 unread posts. Getting my absolute poo poo kicked in on Orb Vallis with Vauban Prime, who I thought was pretty survivable. I'm guessing I'm just out of practice. I don't remember what I was doing with this build, but could someone look it over and let me know if it's decent?

armor/health tanking on vauban is a bad idea, he just doesn't have the stat line for it even with arcane guardian (assuming it procced).

you have a couple of options: the first is maxing out rolling guard, slotting in brief respite and catalyzing shields to go full shieldgate. vauban is kind of annoying to do that on though.

another option that i haven't tried myself is going full shields. drop umbral vitality and repelling bastille, put in vigilante vigor and fast deflection. if you have arcane aegis replace guardian with that. that might help to keep your shields and shieldgate up at all time but again, never gave that a shot myself.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Is it just me or does Deimos mining suck? It seems like 80% of what I get is the worthless stuff meanwhile all the good stuff like Namalon, Heciphron, and Dagonic so hard to come by.

Not to mention the nodes are tiny and blend in and can be up on the tendrils and junk.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Yeah it sucks for some reason

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
The Deimos pillar nodes that you activate with the amp drop random mining stuff. They're a pretty good alternative when they don't bug out (and spawn 3-5 mobs before stopping). Note that each word/symbol means a different condition to get the loot, so one may want to take a look at a wiki beforehand if unfamiliar with these.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the pillars are a pain in the rear end because you have to find them each time and about 70% of the symbols don't do anything and thus don't provide drops. so you have to check for the relative few good symbols, which may not have even spawned in this instance.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If you're like me and was disappointed that Lavos ended up being kind of lackluster as a caster frame, may I strongly recommend Valence Formation, which instead lets you just decide "I wish my gun had this element now" and then, it does!

Or you just slap electric on and go Melee Influence and kill everything holding E. It's good stuff

I can second your correctness with Valence Formation being one of the strongest augment mods (You didn't say it but it's true anyways), but my man, you are not using Lavos correctly if you think he's a bad caster frame, unless you think "can do literal millions of damage in steel path" to be "bad caster". If so, what is a good caster frame by your reckoning?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
the only problem with lavos as a caster frame is that he has enough ramp time that his absurd damage is only feasibly usable in endless steel path because everything dies before he gets the nuke out in lower difficulty

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like the cooldown time. feels bad, man.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Rorac posted:

I can second your correctness with Valence Formation being one of the strongest augment mods (You didn't say it but it's true anyways), but my man, you are not using Lavos correctly if you think he's a bad caster frame, unless you think "can do literal millions of damage in steel path" to be "bad caster". If so, what is a good caster frame by your reckoning?
It's

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't like the cooldown time. feels bad, man.
this combined with how his 4 feels finicky for hitting stuff, his 3 travels in a weird fixed-distance-from-the-ground-at-point-of-casting line, his 1 is good for grouping in simulation scenarios only (the healing's ok though) and his 2 is mostly there so you can infuse cold and cold-like things.

His actual abilities, excepting the damage from 4 against primed enemies and with Archon Vitality's double-dip Heat stacking, don't feel like "press button do a lot of damage" which is what I want out of a caster frame. A Volt, Saryn, Dante, maybe Frost (half if it is because his casts then make you a red crit machine, you're still doing a lot of casts qua casts), Thermal Sunder Gauss, Vauban, Hydroid, Inaros since the rework, even in a doofy way Ash with a Blade Storm build, all "most of what I'm doing is pressing ability buttons to make things die directly."

Lavos is FUN and I like him (since Valence Formation especially) but building him around casting feels like a fool's errand when I could just slot in an augment that lets me target every enemy weakness and stack every possible debuff on them. And then if I want I just hit 4 anyway and blow them up because of the other things I was already doing and having fun with that involve casting Power Word: Cedo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i used lavos for most of my rj grinding. since i had poor luck with both holokeys and sevagoth, that was a whole lot of grinding. it was nice to effectively skip past the rj sections, but the cooldown gimmick means you can't speed up the on-foot parts.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Is hombask the only vendor for decorations, like panels and the such? I need a tutorial on decorations.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
lavos in general was pretty drat good pre-augment and the augment just pushed him into busted territory. his main problems are mostly just QOL issues, there's no reason why you should have to regenerate elements for each cast (just hold whatever element i mixed until i switch elements again) and he has some survivability issues that are very hard to fix.

but you can do very silly things with a gas damage lavos and bumping up his status duration a bit.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

temple posted:

Is hombask the only vendor for decorations, like panels and the such? I need a tutorial on decorations.

Basically every syndicate or other storefront will have at least one decoration available.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

temple posted:

Master Teasonai in Cetus, the Business in Fortuna, and the Son in the Necralisk all sell plushie floofs of the animals you can tranq for conservation. Nakak in Cetus also sells floofs of the Tusk Thumpers, and Master Teasonai sells caged kuakas and condrocs.

Ticker in Fortuna, Grandmother in the Necralisk, Acrithis in Duviri, and Bird 3 in the Sanctum sell regularly rotating sets of decorations for various syndicate-related resources. Acrithis sells them for Enigma Gyrums from owl puzzles.

Onkko in Cetus has some decorations he sells for standing. The Necraloid sells an ayatan sculpture you can use as a decoration.

Hombask's decorations sold for standing are the only really thorough collection, but Acrithis and Bird 3's wares are useful as well for being actual things you might want to use to decorate. Ticker's stuff can work if you're going for a blue collar industrial-homey vibe with food tins and storage bins, and if you're lucky with the rotation, sometimes she sells a toy truck. Grandmother's stuff is expensive and weird.

Then there's some decorations you get from quest rewards, some little trinkets the faction syndicates sell, Baro Ki'teer sometimes sells rare decorations, and a ton of stuff in the in-game Market that you can only get with platinum.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Granum Void also has a few unique decorations (imitation Granum Crowns.) So do each of the focus schools, once you max them.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

There's a bunch of other fiddly little sources of decorations, like articula figurines of the open world bosses, but they all tend to be quirky little things that aren't what you're looking for when you're looking for things to decorate your ship with, so I figured I had to taper the list off somewhere. Check out Hombask, Acrithis, Bird 3, and maybe Ticker and Grandmother.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

temple posted:

There's a list of decorations and their sources on the wiki. Hombask has the most available.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Decorations/Orbiter_Decorations

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Thanks for all the advice with the decor.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Got the Kuva Drakgoon in the process of getting my full Kuva weapon collection. Not a good roll, 25% toxin, but I've gotten poor rolls on other Kuva weapons that have ended up fine, right?

I can't believe I wasted a potato and forma on this thing. It feels horrible to use and barely kills on regular star chart play. Christ. At least it's one miss after a series of stuff I've liked, so it's not all bad.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

SkyeAuroline posted:

Got the Kuva Drakgoon in the process of getting my full Kuva weapon collection. Not a good roll, 25% toxin, but I've gotten poor rolls on other Kuva weapons that have ended up fine, right?

I can't believe I wasted a potato and forma on this thing. It feels horrible to use and barely kills on regular star chart play. Christ. At least it's one miss after a series of stuff I've liked, so it's not all bad.

I'm not sure if it's just my riven (damage/fire rate/crit chance) pushing it up, but I've found the Kuva Drakgoon to be plenty strong. Try it with crit and raw damage with Shotgun Barrage. Spamming it with Fomorian Accelerant on does good work for me. Then charge it and point it at a heavy's head.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 21, 2024

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The kuva drakgoon is by no means weak, I can't deny it's clunky as hell though.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

temple posted:

Thanks for all the advice with the decor.

Bird3 and the Duviri lady aren't listed on the wiki, but they have some rotating stock.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

20 Corrupted Holokeys are the 45-minute drop for watching the next Prime Time on Thursday, April 25 at 6 Eastern

Which is thrilling for me, who does not have those proxima missions unlocked and has only been getting keys from Sister-hunts.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Also, the Holokey farm is a huge RNG ball-ache.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Nonsense, if you did the old style ambassador farm you'd have plenty.

Hey, I had some podcasts to go through, in general, don't play this game without podcasts.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Somebody in the Goon clan said that "deep archimedea killed their interest in the game" and logged off before I could say "what the gently caress" so now that's bouncing around in my head like that Louis Black "if it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college" routine.

Coincidentally, they said it while I was doing my first successful DA run. :shobon:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The latest hotfix finally corrected Xaku's 1 double-dipping damage for the Incarnon weapons that had the "non-crits have a 50% chance to do 2000% damage" option, which: Good, more Xaku for me, pretenders step down

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The latest hotfix finally corrected Xaku's 1 double-dipping damage for the Incarnon weapons that had the "non-crits have a 50% chance to do 2000% damage" option, which: Good, more Xaku for me, pretenders step down

Eh people doing that would at least speed up the awful attenuation on Necramech Demos. I'm gonna have to do everything myself.

By the way, I got the base Excalibur to be like 90% of Kullervo, using only Slash Dash and no other abilities. 90% of the kills per minute, 90% as survivable. Basically with just minimum duration so you're at 160% efficiency, and Energy Nexus, you can spam nonstop Slash Dash faster than you could ever use up the energy, each hit is a 1-10 million forced Slash proc, and your health (not shields for some reason) is invuln.

The really nice thing is unlike Kullervo I can play one-handed on a gamepad, because Excalibur always Dashes toward the camera then chains to everyone nearby. Pretty chill playstyle and the only thing that has killed me is enemy Voidrig minefields because they can sneak damage in through all the invulnerability windows. Oh, and if you have Shade or the stealth Kubrow, you'll be cloaked because Slash Dash doesn't break it. So about half the time you're invisible, good if you need to AFK.

The only problem is he can't target Nullifier bubbles, where Kull can just spam slide attacks to pop them at range. Maybe I'll run that Miter augment.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

RIP. I abused the hell out of this with my Nezha, where I would constantly fire off a Felarx magazine, then throw a Glaive and explode it, then repeat. And I had Xata for that.

What should I use instead? Probably Roar I guess for the slash double dips. But I hate how you can't refresh it mid duration.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Eh people doing that would at least speed up the awful attenuation on Necramech Demos. I'm gonna have to do everything myself.

By the way, I got the base Excalibur to be like 90% of Kullervo, using only Slash Dash and no other abilities. 90% of the kills per minute, 90% as survivable. Basically with just minimum duration so you're at 160% efficiency, and Energy Nexus, you can spam nonstop Slash Dash faster than you could ever use up the energy, each hit is a 1-10 million forced Slash proc, and your health (not shields for some reason) is invuln.

The really nice thing is unlike Kullervo I can play one-handed on a gamepad, because Excalibur always Dashes toward the camera then chains to everyone nearby. Pretty chill playstyle and the only thing that has killed me is enemy Voidrig minefields because they can sneak damage in through all the invulnerability windows. Oh, and if you have Shade or the stealth Kubrow, you'll be cloaked because Slash Dash doesn't break it. So about half the time you're invisible, good if you need to AFK.

The only problem is he can't target Nullifier bubbles, where Kull can just spam slide attacks to pop them at range. Maybe I'll run that Miter augment.

Will you post the build you're using?
I have Excal Prime so I feel compelled to make it viable.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
Hint for Deep Archimedia Mirror Defense, there is a personal necramech summoning computer right inside in the second defense room that trivializes the mission, but you can't use it if you have Transference Disruption (the one that blocks operator use) on so don't take that one and forgo the 40-50 Vosfor you could get by turning in a couple Primary/Secondary steel path arcanes anyways!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
My necramech is such a piece of poo poo. I've only ground out a couple of the mods, I just can't stand running iso vaults for some reason

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just buy them, and Bird 3 from the Cavia has a selection too, although I havent checked to see what the overlap is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Somebody in the Goon clan said that "deep archimedea killed their interest in the game" and logged off before I could say "what the gently caress" so now that's bouncing around in my head like that Louis Black "if it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college" routine.

Some people seem to just feel compelled to run whatever is the newest thing to get the most drops even if they don't like doing it.

Baffles me, because Deep Archimedea is pretty well designed to not force you to play it out of FOMO. I don't know that I like running it much either but there's so much else for me to do.

Agents are GO! posted:

Just buy them, and Bird 3 from the Cavia has a selection too, although I havent checked to see what the overlap is

Bird 3's necramech mods include a bunch of basic functionality mods that Necraloid doesn't sell, including at least one that iso vault rewards won't drop either. Definitely check them if you've got the Cavia.