Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Guilty posted:

good things to know about rivens

An addendum that I'd add to this, while it is a pretty decent way of telling if something is strong or not if you don't have a good idea otherwise, is that you won't actually see riven disposition as a stat for any weapon for which you do not own a riven, in game. You can totally see their dispositions on the wiki though.

And for thralling: you can go thralling in territory that your lich doesn't control if you're in a group. You can gain murmurs this way but you won't piss off your lich (i think) and you'll never run in to them in territory they don't control. So if, say, your lich was already pissed and you almost have all the murmurs for that last word and you don't want to encounter them and reset their pissed meter you might want to find a group to go thralling with outside of your lich's space. For lower level players this also means that you can go thralling with other people and get all of your words before you ever encounter your lich for the first time, leaving you to only guess their order. This way you can try to avoid dealing with a max level lich all the time if that's giving you problems. It's a longer grind for murmurs, no doubt, but it is an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tylana posted:

All the gameplay stuff from syndicates is tradable anyway. But there;s a few efficient 4 synd setups so that's not hard either.

Doing 4 syndicates is less efficient than doing 2-3 (because one of your 4 syndicates gives negative rep to one of the others), and a lot more micromanagement (because you have to pay attention to rep and swap sigils to stop that one from going too negative). The only advantages are that it lets you get more stuff without having to trade, and you get access to the untradeable syndicate stuff like syandanas and I guess captura scenes?

The low-effort and just-as-good way is to just stick one syndicate's emblem on every single loadout, and max out that one syndicate plus the one it gives +50% rep to. You still have the same syndicate rep per day cap anyways, but you're just getting all that rep in 2 syndicates instead of 4 and can pay 0 attention to sigil swapping or whatever for the rest of your life. There are plenty of goons (or even pubbies) who will be willing to swap syndicate weapons or augment mods with you to give you access to the ones you don't have.

Daric posted:

Gotcha, but if I invite some people to help me kill him then they might have to play with me a while before he shows up.

Liches seem to spawn much more frequently in party play.
Plus, grinding lich-influenced missions as a group is the best way to get lots of thralls/whispers, so goons helping you kill your lich is really you helping goons grind up their liches, too. Everyone benefits!

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 28, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have no interest in grinding up the element bonus on a kuva weapon, but i'm glad it is in the game because it provides an unlimited supply of pubbies farming murmurs.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Daric posted:

I ended up getting the right mod from a goon, I didn't realize they could be traded. Is there any trick to getting the Lich to spawn or is it just randomly in his areas?

You can build up a lich's rage meter and it'll spawn more often, but still random. Kill thralls and build the rage meter

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Is it kill thralls? I thought it was clear lich missions and retake their zones of influence.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
doing missions does nothing to rage. only stabbing thralls makes the lich angrier.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You have to kill thralls under its influence node, stabbing in other peoples lich nodes doesn't piss your lich off.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
He finally showed up and I killed him. Got Dubba Stubbas which seem...not great? I'm sure you have to dump a bunch of forma into them and they'll be good but I'm going to stick with what I have for now.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Dubba Stubba are bloody great. But do rather need Pistol Ammo Mutation in the pexilus. And maybe Primed TargetCracker/PistolGambit. OTOH, there's a lot of great secondaries. EDIT : Also Kuva weapons are forma hogs, but getting them up to level 40 can be satisfying. Though I've a bunch a 38 because I really don't need to do the last one, and I don't need the MR.

As for Syndicates, do them as fiddly or not a set up as you like, because it's tradable and not a huge deal. But the secret to doing 4 syndicates for a nice range of mods you don't have to trade for is... you don't have to leave them evenly. Also even if eco-nazis push Steel Meridan down a tier I don't think oyu have to pay the sacrifice to re-up them. And the wiki has a table of efficency for the combos.

I found having a reason to have two appearances far each frame (RV and NL) helped me play with fashion more and that did me well. Also being friends with New Loka means all the syndicate attacks are ezpz.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Daric posted:

He finally showed up and I killed him. Got Dubba Stubbas which seem...not great? I'm sure you have to dump a bunch of forma into them and they'll be good but I'm going to stick with what I have for now.

Dubba stubbas were only ever beaten out by Kuva nukor for me, out of every other secondary in the game. I love my stubbas.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can see what weapon it will be when you down the larvling. don't like it, don't do the finisher and try again.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I just started doing 4 syndicates and its easier that it seems. You wear one sigil and you only do certain missions. The trick is doing all those missions because they counteract each other and may leave you ahead. But if you are already negative, then you may have to do sigil switching to get started at -1 or 0 standing.

quote:

1) Steel / Suda / Hexis / Veil
Only run Steel / Suda missions, have a Steel Sigil equipped.
Suda won't interfere with Steel and gives you +50% Hexis,
the -50% Veil is made up by the +50% Veil from Steel
and the Steel Sigil (no negative for Suda / Hexis) finally gets Veil into positive.

2) Veil / Loka / Perrin / Steel
Only run Veil / Loka missions, have a Veil Sigil equipped.
Works pretty much like the previous.

3) Perrin / Hexis / Loka / Suda
Only run Perrin / Hexis missions, alternate between Perrin / Hexis Sigils.
link

Guilty
May 3, 2003

temple posted:

I just started doing 4 syndicates and its easier that it seems. You wear one sigil and you only do certain missions. The trick is doing all those missions because they counteract each other and may leave you ahead. But if you are already negative, then you may have to do sigil switching to get started at -1 or 0 standing.

This is great, thanks for the write up! I have to start doing this.

For the new guy doing liches, here's my personal completely subjective list of all the kuva weapons ranked by how much I love them and what I think you, a complete stranger, should do in order to have the most fun. These are ranked from most fun to least:

Primaries:
Kuva Bramma - 100% the most fun weapon out of all the kuva weapons. Big explosions that deal a lot of damage, will last you well into level 100+ content. Completely worth fully forma'ing. Consider using with a knockdown resistant frame, i.e. Gauss, Rhino, Nezha, Revenant
Chakkhurr - One of the best rifles in the game, imo. Deals insane red crit damage with just basic crit mods on it, and there's some mechanic, I don't know what exactly it is, maybe someone an explain, that makes it aoe and deletes everything standing next to your target.
Kohm - repeated status shotgun that just gradually amps up to deal insane amounts of damage. Just hold down fire and melt everything in front of you, and watch loads of little damage numbers appear. Amazingly fun
Quartakk - a half way between shotgun and assault rifle. Deals good damage
Hind - your go-to assault rifle option

The rest of the primaries are just sort of Meh for me. Karak is ok-ish if you can't get a Hind. Tonkor is tonkor, mine is great but mainly because I got a good riven for it. Ogris is a poor man's Bramma, but for some reason feels like it's less damage. I hate the drakgoon, seems to deal no damage, but probably because I haven't really figured out how to use it yet. hopefully someone can give us more tips to make it not garbage.

Secondaries:
Nukor: The best thing about this gun is the animation as you quickly erase a horde of enemies from existence completely. I haven't yet reached a point where this gun becomes obsolete, and even fighting level 200ish enemies it's faster than any other gun I have in deleting entire hordes of stuff. You want this ASAP.
Twin Stubbas: just empty insane amounts of little bullets as quick as you can and drive by everything. The little bullets don't deal insane amounts of damage, but there are so many of them dealing good damage flying so quickly. Really recommend this one

The rest kind of blend in together for me. I kind of like the Brakk because it gives a traditional shotgun feel to the game and is actually super effective, unlike the other actual shotguns in the game, but I think this is more shotgun class weapons generally getting the short end of the stick when it comes to mods. Basically think of the Brakk as a shotgun with good mods. The Seer and Kraken blend together for me

melee:
Shildeg: do you like swinging giant hammers and one shotting everything in melee range? Then this is the perfect weapon for you.

I've never used the Ayanga, ever. I have it, never used it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I love ayanga mainly because I saw a guy 1 shot tridolons with it. But its solid just finicky about its range. Kraken was my first so I love it. The alt fire is really helpful.

temple fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 29, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
It's not good for hard targets, but Gas Nukor just creates big overlapping shimmering fields of FuckYouAndDie

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I'll always be on three syndicates because it means I can stockpile rep passively, without having to micromanage doing missions, to prepare for burning it all on the real use for syndicates: relic packs.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Kuva weapons are not forma hogs. Their ability to rank up to 40 gives you alot of leeway in how many polarities you need.

I've put 8 forma into my Catchmoon. I needed every one of them to fit every single maxed mod I wanted, because its max capacity is only 60.

Kuva Twin Stubba and Nukor only need 5.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Kuva weapons are not forma hogs. They're forma sinks.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

temple posted:

Or just go for the long game. Max three, get everything. Switch sides, get everything, then switch back to get all the new stuff that came out in the last few years. :shepspends:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Did my first railjack mission.

I have no idea what is happening and I got my rear end kicked by a large ship. I had a hull breach, but have no idea how to cure it.

Is there a tutorial or something I missed?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tylana posted:

Though I've a bunch a 38 because I really don't need to do the last one, and I don't need the MR.

Counterpoint: You always need the mastery.

Mesadoram posted:

I have no idea what is happening and I got my rear end kicked by a large ship. I had a hull breach, but have no idea how to cure it.

Tag along with some goons and they will show you the ropes.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Is Corpro now not the only aura worth using or is it still the king of poo poo mountain?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mesadoram posted:

Tutorial? In Warframe..?

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Nickiepoo posted:

Is Corpro now not the only aura worth using or is it still the king of poo poo mountain?

Damage wise it's king of poo poo mountain. Energy siphon and Brief Respite are both worth using now, although situationally

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

There is an omni tool that you point at problems.
If you start out it is vastly preferable to hitch a ride on another's jack. There are "intrinsics" which you can level in the customization menu and under your profile. You start out with none so you suck at everything. The first thing needed is a pilot, but usually the host takes care of that. Other things to do:

Engineering, make sure the consumables stay topped up by pressing the buttons at the far back of the ship when the cooldown is through. You need level 2 to make the BFG bullets I think.
The main gun, you need level ?4? guns. If no one can fire the gun you have to enter crewships and blow them up manually.
Chilling in the side turrets. You can do this at any level of intrinsics, but if the host knows what he or she is doing then you won't really contribute anything. Try to not shoot the shiny things the pilot throws around.
Going out and doing the base objectives: That works without any levels, so preferable do that.

Though the balance currently is that two people who know what they are doing is enough to run optimally, so chilling in the turrets and listening to podcasts is a valid strategy to get the early levels.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

The large ship was probably a "crew ship." Best way to take them out is to use the main cannon, which can be accessed from the bridge (it's behind the navigation station, on the back wall). First, you need to fly into a position where you have a clear line of sight. Then jump into the cannon, take aim (preferably at the big glowing engines) and charge up the weapon by holding down your firing key (Left mouse button by default). One shot should do it.

Hull breaches are marked on your minimap and to fix the problem, you need to take out your Omni Tool. It should be equipped automatically on your gear wheel when a railjack mission starts, but to be safe, you can assign it to a specific slot in your equipment menu outside of missions. You point the Omni at the problem area, hold down fire and try to hit the sweet spot on the circle. Couple of tries should make the mechanic obvious.

Your main cannon has a maximum of five shots and Omni Tool uses special ammo called Revolite. Both of these can be crafted either at the drydock, or in your ship foundry (even during a mission). The Foundry can be found at the very rear end end of the railjack. It has four stations along the walls, two on each side. When you activate one, it slides down and shows all the things you can craft in-mission and how much of what material it will require. Every station goes on its own cooldown after use.

Some things require you to do railjack missions to earn intrinsic points to upgrade your spacefighting skills, so I suggest you read those out in the drydock menu.

Hope this small synopsis helps.

Quill fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 29, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Hit me up next time you see me and I'll take you out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Quill posted:

Hull breaches are marked on your minimap and to fix the problem, you need to take out your Omni Tool. It should be equipped automatically on your gear wheel when a railjack mission starts, but to be safe, you can assign it to a specific slot in your equipment menu outside of missions.

Note that while you can still play with omni position on your gear wheel, there's a much faster shortcut nowadays. Hold down your powers key and press .. uuuuhhhhhh (right dpad arrow on ps4, not sure what pc control is). This is the same way you'd activate ship tactical powers, just hit left instead.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Thank you Goons, all this info is SO useful for me. Gonna keep at it and hopefully get enough materials to make the ship better.

Also, I am on the Switch. I wish there was cross play :smith:.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm on switch: pnp17. I can give you avionics and take you out on my spaceboat to farm.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Sandweed posted:

Counterpoint: You always need the mastery.

Counter-counterpoint: you really don't. MR 16 can use everything in the game.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

gaj70 posted:

Counter-counterpoint: you really don't. MR 16 can use everything in the game.

Counter-counter-counterpoint: MORE MASTERY FOR THE MASTERY GOD. Also more mastery levels mean more rep/day, more focus/day and, most importantly, more energy available for mods on an unranked weapon/frame which is seriously the best qol improvement warframe has ever put in.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nickiepoo posted:

Corpro got nerfed, and enemy armor did too. armor really isn't a big deal anymore until very high levels, but corpro is still a fine choice. Probably top choice for things like eso where you still want to eliminate enemy armor so Volt and Mirage can shine

shield gating made brief respite insanely good if you need more survivability. Enemy radar is still good. I literally can't think of any other auras

Guilty
May 3, 2003

DelphiAegis posted:

Counter-counter-counterpoint: MORE MASTERY FOR THE MASTERY GOD. Also more mastery levels mean more rep/day, more focus/day and, most importantly, more energy available for mods on an unranked weapon/frame which is seriously the best qol improvement warframe has ever put in.

The whole 'more slots for mods on unranked weapon/frame' qol bit is something I think doesn't get mentioned enough. It's so much easier to get stuff to thirty without having to waste potatoes when you start out with 20 mod slots

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I'm waiting for when they finally put enough poo poo in the game to level for people (without founders excal prime :smuggo: ) to reach rank 30.

Then,and only then will the mastery grind be "over".

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
One thing I haven't been able to figure out:

How come if I'm doing a Defense mission, like Hydron, I gain bonus affinity for everything I have equipped but if I do a Survival mission where I'm just slaughtering hundreds of enemies, all of whom are around the same level as the enemies on Hydron, I get barely anything?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Daric posted:

One thing I haven't been able to figure out:

How come if I'm doing a Defense mission, like Hydron, I gain bonus affinity for everything I have equipped but if I do a Survival mission where I'm just slaughtering hundreds of enemies, all of whom are around the same level as the enemies on Hydron, I get barely anything?

Are you staying in the affinity sharing radius of other players? If you press Z by default, it'll open a side-bar with player names and healtg and energy and such, and if there's a blue symbol next to their name it means you're in the area for affinity sharing. Which means you get a percentage of the affinity they get as bonus. I don't know specific numbers, but with Hydron being a much smaller map it makes it easier to always be in the radius with every player.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

The Jumpoff posted:

Are you staying in the affinity sharing radius of other players? If you press Z by default, it'll open a side-bar with player names and healtg and energy and such, and if there's a blue symbol next to their name it means you're in the area for affinity sharing. Which means you get a percentage of the affinity they get as bonus. I don't know specific numbers, but with Hydron being a much smaller map it makes it easier to always be in the radius with every player.

Wow I did not know the Z hotkey so I'll check that out. And that is probably the case as it's much easier to split up in Survival and other modes than it is in Defense.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Also there is an option to have that open by default, rather than remembering to press z every mission start.

Also it depends on the enemy type. Hydron is grineer default, and the order of affinity (average per faction) goes grineer > corpus >= corrupted >> infested. Or something. So if it was infested surv, you may be mulching the same number of enemies but they're worth way less on top of not being in affinity range.

Edit: anyone remember when the best place for XP was mobdef on the grineer asteroid tileset where you always did 2 consoles then defended a pod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I remember back in the days of ODD, Xini, Viver, and Draco for affinity it was a fine time of sipping beer and hitting a couple buttons. It also reminds me of why I didn't forma weapons or frames very much then.