Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I didn't know that Warframe enabled voice chat by default until I was in my first Interception mission, had no clue what was going on, and then I hear what sounds like a 13-year old going "Hey, n***" 4-5 times in a row. Kinda extra bad when you're playing on the Switch in your living room but no one was nearby enough to hear, thankfully.

That Interception was the peak I thought of the game not explaining what you're supposed to do. Little did I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh yeah, Ive had voice turned off for years. I laughed when a goon was like "can you hear me?" gently caress no I cant and it's gonna stay that way

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Normally I hear Spanish and Portugeuse in my games if there's anyone talking. Heard English maybe a couple times. Half the time text chat is hidden away for me and I don't see someone yelling to stop so it's not the worst when I'm just going on auto-pilot to hear someone go "hey, can you stop spamming snow globes?"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Raptor1033 posted:

Oh yeah, Ive had voice turned off for years. I laughed when a goon was like "can you hear me?" gently caress no I cant and it's gonna stay that way

TBF goon parties are the least likely to drop the n-bomb.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The responses to that tweet are a pretty good part of why I don't like the concept of "premade or go gently caress yourself" or actually needing to coordinate, like with the big gun on the RJ. Sure coordination makes everything simpler, but I want to be able to not bother with it and have three randoms that might as well be AI teammates for all I'm interacting with them.

Also, we did a whole bunch of farming for mutagen samples for the 100x health pizza BP, which is currently cooking, and enemy radar does make ODD faster, and having two makes it even faster.

Also, also, there's this weird bug where the game exchanges the left and right sound channels on my headset for no loving reason and it's extremely annoying, especially in disruption.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Are you sure you don't have your headphones on backwards? :v:

I have voice turned off mostly less because of casual abuse and racism which seems to happen less in this game and more for the near constant presence of a kid playing with his family yelling in the background or a goonie motherfucker loudly eating chips into his mic.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

I'd respect these kinda twitter posts a lot more if they weren't suspiciously quiet during the HK protests. Just feels like marketing nerd seeing a chance for good PR if they're not consistent.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

Are you sure you don't have your headphones on backwards? :v:

I have voice turned off mostly less because of casual abuse and racism which seems to happen less in this game and more for the near constant presence of a kid playing with his family yelling in the background or a goonie motherfucker loudly eating chips into his mic.

I'm pretty sure they are on the right way because no other program has that problem, and it's intermittent with WF.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nalesh posted:

I'd respect these kinda twitter posts a lot more if they weren't suspiciously quiet during the HK protests. Just feels like marketing nerd seeing a chance for good PR if they're not consistent.

I mean HK is a single city. The current events are all over the US where, presumably, the plurality of their user base is located and with which the people working at DE obviously have strong cultural ties. Doesn't seem unreasonable to have a statement about the latter and not the former.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also whataboutism doesn't solve poo poo and i'm at least glad that de took the shot to make racists mad as gently caress

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/gvbz6h/the_crippling_issues_with_the_riven_system_melee/

Folren has posted a decent document outlining why DE's balancing processes are trash.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Raptor1033 posted:

a goonie motherfucker loudly eating chips into his mic.

Oof, called out

:negative:

Nalesh posted:

Do you want to also blame them for not being there for Ferguson, Flint, etc. too?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Nalesh posted:

I've got pretty much nothing but love for DE, they're Canadian game devs not activists. So on the one hand ya I kinda agree with you and even with Anora's whataboutism, the questions of their investors and such pops up. But on the other hand good on them for at least doing this much right now, I really don't see this boosting their income much at all.

I'm already glad they piss off all the people who can't say the nezha joke, this goes in that same pile.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Honestly I'm just glad to see a game I like to become vocally opposed by the shitbrain brigade.

Means it's less likely they'll play the game.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Tallgeese posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/gvbz6h/the_crippling_issues_with_the_riven_system_melee/

Folren has posted a decent document outlining why DE's balancing processes are trash.

I like what he said about rivens. I didn't like how his solution was basically "give me a job"

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The bits about CO and the way it works are definitely true, on the other hand, I really like that the new CO has managed to free up a slot in most melee builds, maybe boosting the power of PP, PPP and SP and reducing the CO bonus per status? I'd really like to keep the "one per weapon" rule on them now that I can shove in both reach and attack speed in.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

The bits about CO and the way it works are definitely true, on the other hand, I really like that the new CO has managed to free up a slot in most melee builds, maybe boosting the power of PP, PPP and SP and reducing the CO bonus per status? I'd really like to keep the "one per weapon" rule on them now that I can shove in both reach and attack speed in.

I like the freed up slot too. It'd be better to see PP and the other 'required' +damage mods for the other weapon types just go away altogether with a nerf to CO, and a bump/balance to the base weapon stats.

Acolyte mods and such which require you to do something to get the benefits are so much more interesting than the base +damage/crit chance/crit damage we have to stick on every weapon.

Instead they add more slots like pexilus which take a limited number of mods. So much better if they freed up the base slots.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I'd also like to see more set mods make a difference. I feel like they really dropped the ball with the potential sets could have had, making players drastically change the way certain frames/weapons are played

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Guilty posted:

I'd also like to see more set mods make a difference. I feel like they really dropped the ball with the potential sets could have had, making players drastically change the way certain frames/weapons are played

yeah I heartily agree with this. They got much closer with amalgum mods. "Barely worse but a style changing perk" is much better than just flat out crippling yourself to get a minimal number bonus

edit: I think the dev cycle is sort of exemplified by the Pablo dynamic. They got someone with fresh ideas to modify power sets to make frames much more fun, fresh, and viable. As much as it might hurt for them to hear it, maybe it's time for the current long term dev heads to step back a bit and let some fresh blood lead for a bit. We all know Scott would enjoy tinkering with the engine full time anyway.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 2, 2020

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i dont think de should make decisions based on how they affect riven prices

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah when I saw how riven centric this guy's focus was, I just sort of rolled my eyes and closed the tab

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rivens are bad and i don't bother with them any more.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
the guy wants the old co and blood rush back. i dont think hes all in there if he things the meta should be defined by two annoying to get mods. plus for whatever reason he wants DE to set riven dispos on new weapons themselves instead of doing the much simpler start riven dispos at rock bottom and let them rise up naturally.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dispo on new weapons starts in the middle.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol

A BLOO BLOO MY RIVENS

A BLOO BLOO BLOO MY INVESTMENT

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
It's kind of sad how most systems since the base game loop have been kind of a dud, and I think in the devs' minds things will all work out magically when we have railjack, archwing, k-drives, and the core gameplay loop fully integrated together. But no game mode seems to be as satisfying as the OG shootmans lizard brain stroking loop thus far. I kind of was hoping that DE puts in a tower defense mode that integrates the decoration system with the base gameplay loop to get players more interested in strategy over raw firepower and control but maybe some other year after they're done with the anime obsession.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

dispo on new weapons starts in the middle.

yeah but imo if de wanted to make people feel they didnt get scammed by investing in rivens, they should just start dispos at bottom ss you dont get rivens that start at middle and hit rock bottom the next few months. also probably make rock bottom dispo rivens a bit better so we dont need to roll them perfect them to be even slightly useful.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Rivens should be good and cool, but they largely aren't. He's correct that for low-dispo weapons (i.e. pretty much any weapon people want to use) the disposition drives rivens to be so weak that 99.9% of them aren't worth slotting. That means that the other godroll 0.1% are very highly desired, which is why the vast majority of rivens are dirt cheap and the 0.1% is stupidly expensive. That manually set dispo thing is pretty lol though, idk why that's in there.

Personally I'd like the whole dispo system gone. Find a gun you like, get a rare that-gun-only unique mod for it that makes it better, use it to kill things. Crank every riven up to 3-dot or 4-dot dispo, who fuckin cares, there's no balance in this game anyway and making most rivens usable would make rivens more accessible in general.

Folrun really buried the lede on the essay with that riven business (makes sense because he's The Riven Guy) but he's right that any non-viral or occasionally corrosive element is dogshit, and that's a way bigger problem than rivens. DE apparently claimed that they'd nerf Viral if it was being overused, which is a tripwire we've long since tripped over and subsequently rolled down the hill of all other elements suck. In my opinion that really ought to be high up on DE's list of things to address (certainly higher up than Condo), but it's entirely possible that's what they're working on now.

Also delete railjack

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
is condo even worth using anymore besides on redeemer prime. i havent found any other melee weapon that didnt make me attack things more often than just a normal primed preasure mod.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The math on Condition Overload pretty clearly makes it superior sustained DPS.

The problem is, that math discounts the utility of "what happens if you kill your targets in one blow with PPP."

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah, like i do 1 hour arbys on the regular. Im still one shotting stuff with my pimped out gram prime with just primed pressure point. Only thing that i imagine is worth brining CO on is like a demolyst. So pretty niche thing to have a long rear end rant about.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

The math on Condition Overload pretty clearly makes it superior sustained DPS.

The problem is, that math discounts the utility of "what happens if you kill your targets in one blow with PPP."

this is why i think the post is wrong about condition overload. theres a tradeoff between using that or pressure point. some builds and weapons prefer one, some prefer the other. which is a good thing !

his actual complaint is that it makes +damage on rivens less good. who cares

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If DE is going to add any more unnecessary game modes, then I suggest giant mechs that play exactly like warframes. Like, it's literally just like the base game, except you're a loving giant, and you get to fight massive kaiju Infested, huge Grineer war engines, and transforming combining Corpus robots.

AND YOU ONE-SHOT EIDOLONS, BECAUSE gently caress EIDOLONS.

Proof of concept video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORYO0atB6g

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I thought rivens exist to motivate the Kuva grind from DE's perspective. Riven is Kuva, Kuva is grind, grind is content, so riven is content.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Railjack but it's a giant warframe instead and you transference directly into it. Also the multiplayer component is an even bigger warframe that comes together with other players as limbs Voltron style.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Xik posted:

Railjack but it's a giant warframe instead and you transference directly into it. Also the multiplayer component is an even bigger warframe that comes together with other players as limbs Voltron style.

"And I'll form... THE rear end!"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

necrobobsledder posted:

It's kind of sad how most systems since the base game loop have been kind of a dud, and I think in the devs' minds things will all work out magically when we have railjack, archwing, k-drives, and the core gameplay loop fully integrated together. But no game mode seems to be as satisfying as the OG shootmans lizard brain stroking loop thus far. I kind of was hoping that DE puts in a tower defense mode that integrates the decoration system with the base gameplay loop to get players more interested in strategy over raw firepower and control but maybe some other year after they're done with the anime obsession.

This is actually going to be integrated into the dating sim.

Screaming Idiot posted:

"And I'll form... THE rear end!"

Also will be integrated.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

SIGSEGV posted:

The responses to that tweet are a pretty good part of why I don't like the concept of "premade or go gently caress yourself" or actually needing to coordinate

There's ways of getting people to silently coordinate. It just takes more finesse and thought (read: time and money) than shifting all the difficulty to the social side. Much like the all-but-abandoned Command intrinsic path if something is difficult to implement you can always just say "you'll need to work together as a team!" and call it a day.

As far as I can see there is no problem. Riven costs X thousand plat, person buys X thousand plat from DE to buy riven, riven gets nerfed, repeat for next meta weapon. The entire reason for rivens works. :v:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Mailer posted:

There's ways of getting people to silently coordinate. It just takes more finesse and thought (read: time and money) than shifting all the difficulty to the social side. Much like the all-but-abandoned Command intrinsic path if something is difficult to implement you can always just say "you'll need to work together as a team!" and call it a day.

They've even done it before, intercepts have four points and there are four players, and sometimes pubs even each grab a point. All the parts of WF that really bug me are parts where I have to depend on another player being able to play. Spies are goons or solo so they don't bother me, RJ where someone has to babysit the spacevan does, intercepts are manageable alone, defs if you're half mad as well, the Vallis bounty missions where you have to catch all the packages aren't really and I hate them, and gently caress the spy ones that can assign you the vault you're standing in and insta fail the bonus objective. (Double gently caress the PoE capture one.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Raptor1033 posted:

yeah when I saw how riven centric this guy's focus was, I just sort of rolled my eyes and closed the tab

:same:

as soon as I saw ~rIveN DIspOSitIoN~ i stopped reading.