Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
At the early point of the game, extractors are too expensive and too little reward. You will find most resources by clearing the star chart. Below mastery level 10, save your money for weapon blueprints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

goblin week posted:

Yeah, I just realized that after buying the blueprints I wouldn’t have the credits to build one either way oh well.

I am having a blast! Although I feel like it’s gonna take me a while to get to know all the weird little subsystems. There’s a full skateboarding mechanic that’s just offhandedly given to you and that’s not even related to the gunplay 😩

Keep doing Junctions and story quests to progress, don't feel like you need to explore every world entirely- that'll be way easier to do when you have more frames and weapons and systems mastered.

Also, consider buying the blueprints for a Hek from the market when you reach Mastery Rank 4, it's a good good shotgun. And ask any goon for a starter pack and they can shower you in useful mods that spawn in large numbers in late game, but not much in early game.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Goddamn I'm trying to do the open world bounties and it's loving miserable. There are two situations where I generally lose, 1. Finding caches, especially the mission in the big underground base on Fortuna, and 2. When you have to keep killing to keep a meter up.

Can anyone give me tips on finding caches? Do mods work on this? And how do I get more enemies to spawn on the meter thing? It's incredibly frustrating and sad to lose a mission because you're killing too quickly

I can't wait for Hard mode

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Fortuna open sky caches are easy to cheese if you can see where they land since you can see them drop. The inside fortuna bases one you just have to learn where they can be. Some can be pretty sneaky like one is under a floor.
PoE ones are just pure chaos. Sometimes they can all be in caves, sometimes all but one is in cave and one is in open world part.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
and if you're not already running them, they pop up on your map using treasure sense mods. unfortunately, they have the same icon as standard loot.

any other console players having trouble connecting to warframe? I can't even log into their site using my PSN credentials like normal.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Guilty posted:

Can anyone give me tips on finding caches?

wear headphones

this is a real tip

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
For caches, max range limbo can smash everything in multiple rooms with his 4th ability, then the caches will be the only thing left on the minimap after you pick stuff up. This works for syndicate medallions too.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

BMan posted:

wear headphones

this is a real tip

Do they make a sound? I'm always playing with sound off

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

A weird low humming glowy sort of sound, yeah. Sabotage caches do too, as do rare crates.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Guilty posted:

Do they make a sound? I'm always playing with sound off

Cetus caches make the same sound as sabotage caches, fortuna caches emit sonar pings

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Did not know that, thanks!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Other things that make sounds are disruption demos, which might be good to know when you get to enjoy The Best Game Mode.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SIGSEGV posted:

Other things that make sounds are disruption demos, which might be good to know when you get to enjoy The Best Game Mode.

There are Demolysts in Railjack?!!!!

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Caches in sabotage missions and occasional bonus canisters in the void also make the same noise.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Lua Rescue, anything with caches, and Disruption are the things where you need to have sound on. They added an occasional small red flash on the screen for Disruption but having a small graphical effect on your screen in Warframe is about the most useless thing ever.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

BMan posted:

wear headphones

this is a real tip

Plus music off. The sound is easily overwhelmed.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

its a bummer that sound is so important in disruption because you can't turn on some tunes and chill

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Yeah, it's really annoying, I like to put on some lovely Kpop or some Perotinus or whatever when doing some nice infinite missions, and I can't in disruption. It's still the best game mode, but it's really annoying that way.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Iretep posted:

Fortuna open sky caches are easy to cheese if you can see where they land since you can see them drop.

That and the giant smoke pillar coming from them.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

slow_twitch posted:

its a bummer that sound is so important in disruption because you can't turn on some tunes and chill

Agreed, disruption is probably my most disliked mode entirely because of the importance of audio. Sure you can memorize the spawn lines, or look for the ping indicator, but I've always got music blasting or videos on in the background and game volume minimized.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Guilty posted:

Goddamn I'm trying to do the open world bounties and it's loving miserable. There are two situations where I generally lose, 1. Finding caches, especially the mission in the big underground base on Fortuna, and 2. When you have to keep killing to keep a meter up.

Can anyone give me tips on finding caches? Do mods work on this? And how do I get more enemies to spawn on the meter thing? It's incredibly frustrating and sad to lose a mission because you're killing too quickly

I can't wait for Hard mode

Are you trying to do these in solo mode? Enemy spawn rate scales with player count, and it's really clear that the game is not balanced for single-person parties at all. If you're alone, you just don't get enough enemies for things like that kill-to-keep-a-meter-up, or you end up waiting 45s for a power carrier to spawn in excavation, or you go into an exterminate mission to kill 250 enemies and find 3 or less dudes to shoot per room.
Even having 3 afk ivaras standing invisibly in the corner would make it easier to hit those kill requirements, just because they'd ramp up the enemy spawn rate so much.

Having four pairs of eyes helps with the cache-finding missions too.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Yeah I'm in solo mode. Playing on switch with open server settings but finding it nearly impossible to play solo. Really getting kinda frustrating, did an arbi survival earlier and had to extract at 20 min because there wasn't enough to kill solo. Which is pretty bad, usually can make it to 40-60min solo playing, longer in a group

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Arby Survival is Nekros mandatory.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oof Kiteer roomba costa lotta ducka

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
imma get 2

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

And Tyler Too! posted:

Arby Survival is Nekros mandatory.

i think most looter frames are fine. but nekros is really useful there.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I am doing a "no charity" account challenge kinda thing, because I want to see how pubbies experience the game vs how goons do with a bunch of free things. It means I'm doing spy missions over and over for some major mods and honestly it's kinda fun. The slot restrictions are a bummer for sure, though. I think it'll be almost a requirement to crack relics ASAP and sell them for plat so I can buy slots.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
God drat relics, when I'm cracking trash for void traces I get showered in uncommons and rares. When I spend the traces to get something specific I get a bronco prime barrel

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Tell me about. I must've cracked 20 Axi T5s by this point.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

I am doing a "no charity" account challenge kinda thing, because I want to see how pubbies experience the game vs how goons do with a bunch of free things. It means I'm doing spy missions over and over for some major mods and honestly it's kinda fun. The slot restrictions are a bummer for sure, though. I think it'll be almost a requirement to crack relics ASAP and sell them for plat so I can buy slots.

This was how I started on the Switch, 1-2 weeks after the game dropped on the platform. Nobody in the goon clan had much stuff so we all had to bootstrap together.

That was a very fun experience on the whole - great goon clan and it was kinda cool to learn together. There wasn't many active players but still paired up quite a bit on starchart clearing stuff. Vegastar in particular showed me a bunch of cool tricks he was figuring out as he went along.

The clan rank up ceremony Endo was the biggest boost at the time. I didn't even do the weekly Ayatan sculpture quest until I restarted on PC - didn't know that was the best way to get Endo early on, lived off the clan rank up.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Falling in love with Baruuk again - Max Range / Str, min Duration. Summon daggers, run into the biggest groups you can find and pop your 2 as often as possible, and you're restraint meter is no problem. Then, just delete whichever cardinal direction you like.

Plus I have a great Kogake riven for when Desert wind isn't active that just feels extremely good, and with Staticor I'm full Goku.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Why can pubbies manage the first and second eidolons but collapse on the 3rd? I usually solo the shields and can solo the initial 2 but I need help on the 3rd.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's because if you can bring the shields down quickly, the Eidolon doesn't get to attack if someone is on the ball with sniper rifles.

If you're not eliminating the shields rapidly, people start dying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't really dodge or mitigate most of the random crap hydro spews at you. it's a damage race, albeit not a particularly harsh one when you have a good setup going.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I placed a kiteer drone near the nav console and it appears to have climbed the wall and gotten stuck halfway up the windscreen. Is this expected behavior? This game has gotten so janky as the years pass that I can't reliably call out a bug anymore.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's cleaning your windshield, is all.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I've had two drones in the interior that always spawn stuck on my windshield basically since the 6-pack drone set came out, they're doing their best.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I've just acquired equinox prime on switch, would anyone be so kind as to give me a bit of a primer? Play style, builds etc. I'm currently mr9 and dont yet have primed or corrupted mods, but I do have most nightmare and cetus bounty mods. I have rank 2 energizing dash which I'm slowly pumping up so I do have a bit of energy generation but no arcanes or anything.

I'm guessing its something along the lines of use damage amp and slash aura, using ability mods for... str, range, maybe efficiency?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

el dingo posted:

I've just acquired equinox prime on switch, would anyone be so kind as to give me a bit of a primer? Play style, builds etc. I'm currently mr9 and dont yet have primed or corrupted mods, but I do have most nightmare and cetus bounty mods. I have rank 2 energizing dash which I'm slowly pumping up so I do have a bit of energy generation but no arcanes or anything.

I'm guessing its something along the lines of use damage amp and slash aura, using ability mods for... str, range, maybe efficiency?

There's really only 2 viable Equinox builds: Maimquinox and Sleepquinox

For Maimquinox build for as much range as you can without compromising strength, throw in some efficiency too. In Day-form use 4, rack up a few kills, use 4 again to wipe out the entire map. Repeat.

For Sleepquinox build for range+duration and get the Calm & Frenzy augment. Enter Night-form and use 2 to sleep entire rooms, stealth kill them with melee to rake up a bigass stealth exp modifier (works best with melee and naramon focus for the +50% exp gain from melee kills).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

el dingo posted:

Here are some examples you can do with equinox:
-Spawn a clone thatll shoot stuff dead. Probably should just use wukong despite equinox giving a 300% damage boost since its a pain in the rear end to use unlike wukongs clone. Plus wukong actually can take a punch.
-Sleep stuff and stab them with a melee weapon so it levels fast. I guess some people do this?
-She can boost strength of other players and sit there doing nothing else. You can also combine this set up to the next build but most wont bother since it needs some insane commitment to make work.
-Maim build. Press 4 in day form to start the effect. Anything that dies in the 4s field has half its max HP stored. Pressing 4 again releases all this stored health as damage on anything thats inside the field still. Most people do this.